Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

DubInMeath wrote: »
    In terms of vulnerable people being affected by her, that's a possibility of course but not all her supporters are in any way vulnerable in terms of mental health in the traditional sense.

No of course, many of them are just right-wing racist a55holes with a grudge against they don't know who.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Larbre34 wrote: »
    She has. And I get what you mean about seeing it on occasion in other people. However I've yet to see a person with severe depression be so functional and organised.

I reckon she has a paranoid personality disorder with a side of schizoid-narcissism and she needs psychiatric help for it.

I would also be concerned for people vulnerable to such things that she may be influencing online and who be adversely affected by her.

My head is spinning with all the Physiatry experts here .
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭circadian

No of course, many of them are just right-wing racist a55holes with a grudge against they don't know who.

It's false consciousness. Some people have bought wholesale into the outrage against anything which usually ends up being anger directed at their own social class for not being on board.

See Tucker Carlson, he's extremely effective at pushing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,424 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

rgossip30 wrote: »
    The murders hve reduced because many have fled.

Don't think so, population has been steadily growing

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/south-africa-population/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

She has. And I get what you mean about seeing it on occasion in other people. However I've yet to see a person with severe depression be so functional and organised.

I reckon she has a paranoid personality disorder with a side of schizoid-narcissism and she needs psychiatric help for it.

I would also be concerned for people vulnerable to such things that she may be influencing online and who be adversely affected by her.

My head is spinning with all the Physiatry experts here .
    :o

I support gemma generally speaking anyway,so according to the experts on here that means I'm some sort of a racist lunatic. Lol. Did you ever hear such sh*t. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Billcarson wrote: »
    I support gemma generally speaking anyway,so according to the experts on here that means I'm some sort of a racist lunatic. Lol. Did you ever hear such sh*t. Lol

Supporting Gemma wouldn't make you this, supporting some of her policies certainly would though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

What do you support her on?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

DubInMeath wrote: »
    She's had some bad experiences in her life and mental health is not something that is easily explained.

The rambling etc reminded me of when a close friend was being treated for severe depression but hers are a lot worse.

It's probably related to that but it doesn't mean that she's mentally ill. Take David Icke. He spouts complete nonsense but is by most metrics a mentally healthy individual.

I don't know if any of us are really able to say what causes her to hold the ideas she holds but since it happened about the same time ass a personal trauma we can say the two are probably related.

h2005 wrote: »

What do you support her on?

Tackling corruption mainly. As for mass migration I would have concerns about it but that didn't mean I'm against migration entirely or anything like that . A small number of my own ancestors were migrants . 5 g i am concerned about but in time I think that will probably be nothing to be worried about at all, time will tell. But nothing wrong imo in raising questions about it.
    I don't really agree with anti vax stuff although I don't have a problem raising issues of possible side effects but not to the point of putting people off. Its about trying to make these things as safe as possible . I think that where she is coming from on that issue.
    I think she thinks climate change is a hoax i certainly don't agree with that .

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Tackling corruption mainly.

can you find anyone who is not against tackling corruption please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Tackling corruption mainly. As for mass migration I would have concerns about it but that didn't mean I'm against migration entirely or anything like that . A small number of my own ancestors were migrants . 5 g i am concerned about but in time I think that will probably be nothing to be worried about at all, time will tell. But nothing wrong imo in raising questions about it.
    I don't really agree with anti vax stuff although I don't have a problem raising issues of possible side effects but not to the point of putting people off. Its about trying to make these things as safe as possible . I think that where she is coming from on that issue.

So... you're pretty much just against corruption, then? So are the vast majority of people (or at least they claim to be, while still voting for the same politicians, something I just don't get...)

I digress, though.

The problem is GO'D is now pointing at everything she doesn't like and shouting "Corruption! Cultural Marxist George Soros funded conspiracy!" and the bigger problem with that is it's leading to a racist far-right rabbithole where direct provision centres get set on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Shes anti immigration but then (correctly) thinks more houses should be built.

By who?!

:confused:

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Tackling corruption mainly.

can you find anyone who is not against tackling corruption please?

Well personally I think that's what she should stick to anyway. Getting involved in too many other matters will go against her and judging by this thread is turning people against her. The irony is that perhaps she has become her own worst enemy?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Your concerns sound perfectly reasonable and so does your weighing them up in your own mind.

I've yet to see Gemma express herself in such terms. With her its 'im right, youre wrong, and whats more youre complicit with a left wing conspiracy and/or an agent of the deep state. And if you say a word against me ill sue you for defamation'

Its just the ravings of an ill woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

The Nal wrote: »
    Shes anti immigration but then (correctly) thinks more houses should be built.

By who?!

confused.png

By ourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

By ourselves?

We don't have the numbers to meet the proposed demand.

And even when we did have far higher numbers we relied on inward migration heavily for the construction industry.

Apprenticeships are down about 80-90% since the boom.

By ourselves?

Who though? Try get a builder to do a small job these days. A nightmare in availability and cost. Never mind finding supply to build 35000 homes a year.

The Irish construction workers live in Australia and Canada and earn megabucks. 100,000 people left for Australia alone. An average of 27 people a day - every day, for 10 years.

Employment sponsored visas in order of volume in Australia: carpenters, joiners, engineers, project administrators, electricians, plumbers, architects and motor mechanics. All left Ireland.

Apprenticeships have fallen from 27,000 during the last housing boom to a current level of 3,000.

We simply don't have the people to do the work. Nowhere near. With 60% of Irish school leavers heading for 3rd level, we won't have them in the future either.

This is where these "do it ourselves" Brexit type conversations fall down. When you actually bother to read the numbers.

The housing during the Tiger was built largely by Polish and Lithuanian lads. We need those big evil foreigners back. Coming over here, building our homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What has she done about corruption?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

By ourselves?

That makes no sense. Its just not possible.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

What has she done about corruption?

She shouted at some Gardai and called news presenters who wear make up "tarts" on a live stream in front of 20 people and some children.

Think thats about it since she turned to GO'D.

In a previous incarnation she exposed a penalty points scandal in the Gardai and exposed a fiddler, which was good, but that was long long ago. Well before her brain turned to bubbling ooze.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The Nal wrote: »
    She shouted at some Gardai and called news presenters who wear make up "tarts" on a live stream in front of 20 people and some children.

Think thats about it since she turned to GO'D.

In a previous incarnation she exposed a penalty points scandal in the Gardai and exposed a fiddler, which was good, but that was long long ago. Well before her brain turned to bubbling ooze.

Not to be pedantic but she didn't expose the penalty point scandal. The scandal was revealed via the whistleblower cases and other journalists were on that story before Gemma. Gemma (amongst others) were following up on the story and the extent to which the points were being quashed. This lead her to doorstepping Commissioner Callaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

humberklog wrote: »
    Not to be pedantic but she didn't expose the penalty point scandal. The scandal was revealed via the whistleblower cases and other journalists were on that story before Gemma. Gemma (amongst others) were following up on the story and the extent to which the points were being quashed. This lead her to doorstepping Commissioner Callaghan.

If memory serves me right, wasn't it Commissioner Callanans wife that she doorstepped?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

If memory serves me right, wasn't it Commissioner Callanans wife that she doorstepped?

I believe so.

humberklog wrote: »
    I believe so.

Yep
    He said without informing her editor, Ms O’Doherty had “decided to show up” at the home of Mr Callinan at 10pm on April 11th, 2013. He was away and his wife answered the door and was “somewhat upset”, Mr Kennedy said, as was Mr Callinan when he heard of the incident.

Also for anyone who missed this article during her ill-fated presidential nomination run, it's a brilliant takedown of her so-called 'investigative journalism"

https://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2018/0908/opinion/in-truth-what-has-gemma-oaposdoherty-exposed-473234.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

https://gemmaodoherty.com/awards/. Despite the criticism GoD has won 7awards over the years for journalism .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

rgossip30 wrote:
    . Despite the criticism GoD has won 7awards over the years for journalism .

Yes, one of her awards was from GSK (Big Pharma) for an article on Cancer research. She doesn't say that on her self penned bio.

Now she is saying that we are being flouridated because the One World Order wants to reduce the world's population by 6 billion and that we should close the Irish airspace to stop planes flying overhead because they are "doing illegal things" ( chemtrail poisoning us).

So you see, it doesn't matter what she has achieved in the past, it's now is what is relevant.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

https://gemmaodoherty.com/awards/. Despite the criticism GoD has won 7awards over the years for journalism .

Which makes her descent into this madness all the more sad.

• Advertisement

Hilarious how she hides one of her awards was sponsored by Glaxo Smithkline the BIG PHARMA company.

She wouldnt win anything nowadays her videos are so littered with fake and false news.

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement