Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks for highlighting this, I would not have noticed it. I will do a thorough check this weekend.

How much are Leonards charging?
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    On the boot door, under the hybrid badge.

With tinted windows I guess this replaces a window sticker,

Leonard’s in Mulgrave Street do it too. You’d think they’d have enough free advertising on the number plates and tax disc holder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thanks for highlighting this, I would not have noticed it. I will do a thorough check this weekend.

How much are Leonards charging?

Sorry, what I mean I’d that Leonard’s take the mick with the advertising on their cars

E8-A3256-C-1278-42-C2-B9-FB-D53963379463.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Does the rear wiper swing down from the top of the rear screen on the new Tucson? Or does it not have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

It's hidden under the top rear spoiler.
    Top Dog wrote: »
    Does the rear wiper swing down from the top of the rear screen on the new Tucson? Or does it not have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Was browsing Donedeal last night and came across this:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/honda-accord/27287273

NTg5NTJlYTJlN2ZmYWUzNjJkZWIyYzY0ODIyZDhlMTXLgO9UZdCAjCaIwVqx_kTiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE2NDkxMzF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Happier times from my ownership in 2015

50956637863_31a52605e8_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

Mad how much a car can deteriorate in less than 5 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It just needs a wash!

Mad how much a car can deteriorate in less than 5 years!

It had 36k miles on the clock when I sold it iirc, so it’s done an impressive amount of motoring for a 70s Honda in the meantime. Still a shame though, it was a total minter when I bought it - and it was only €700!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

544455.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

That colour looks class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Wow that’s stunning.

I’ve sold all my close family (anyone willing!) Mk7.5 and MK8 Golfs in Atlantic blue, 3 in total. Great colour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

That's a beautiful GTi. Best colour and wheel spec available imo.

Bike not bad either! Slieve blooms dastardly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

A futile exercise being that I live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by farms, but I gave the fleet a wash to celebrate the first day without rain in a while. Not an exciting fleet, but a very functional one

544493.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

vintagevrs wrote: »
    That colour looks class.
    L-M wrote: »
    Wow that’s stunning.

I’ve sold all my close family (anyone willing!) Mk7.5 and MK8 Golfs in Atlantic blue, 3 in total. Great colour
    Wailin wrote: »
    That's a beautiful GTi. Best colour and wheel spec available imo.

Thanks! Not many people go for Atlantic Blue. It doesn't stand out in the VW brochure. It wasn't actually my first choice colour, but so glad I went with it. It looks even nicer on a sunny day. I can't believe I have the car two years. Only one year of the PCP left.
    Wailin wrote: »
    Bike not bad either! Slieve blooms dastardly?

Thanks! It's a trail in Galway. Whenever the restrictions end I must give Slieve Bloom a try

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Just back in the door after making another questionable decision.

20210225-213142.jpg

Reliving your youth!

Is she a 190?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭passatman86

Reliving your youth!

Is she a 190?

Is there much difference in the two

Is there much difference in the two

Not until you hit 6000rpm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Just back in the door after making another questionable -213142.jpg[/img]

I'm impressed. I too have made a questionable decision recently but I've to wait a few weeks to pick it up.

Yeah, pretty much. Sold my last one in 2015 and the proceeds were used as spending money for a week in Bulgaria at the time!

It's a complete Calcutta spec 140 5 speed, dont think it even has A/C, steel wheels, no front fogs, japanese import, tested for a year, still taxed for a month. Bought it from it's first and only Irish owner who brought it in in 2007.

The ad was only up an hour and it was 15 minutes and... eh... 5k away from me. Couldn't leave it there. Will enjoy tidying it up.

It has a working retractable parking pole though, so that counts for a lot.

20210225-213159.jpg

You'd be lying if you said the 140 5 speed drives as sweet as the 190 6 speed, this car isn't particularly lively but really the amount of times i had my 190 over 6500 rpm was very infrequent at best.

• Advertisement

Not until you hit 6000rpm

I had a jap 190
    Just never drove a 140
    Wouldn't imagine they are shockingly slower

You need to stick a set of OEM Toyota hubcaps on that!

If it’s JDM it probably has AC. Will you be able to get classic insurance on it?

You need to stick a set of OEM Toyota hubcaps on that!

Yeah that was my thinking, or a set of Avensis alloys at a push.
    If it’s JDM it probably has AC. Will you be able to get classic insurance on it?

Hope so, will let you know tomorrow! That was the thinking, bought it handy enough, it's taxed and tested, if i can get a classic policy on it, i could probably enjoy it for a few months for €1500 or so all in, then flog it and get most of my money back. Ideally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I never knew a parking pole was a thing.... That's feckin class. Who needs sensors and surround view whatever when ye can have a retractable stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I never knew a parking pole was a thing.... That's feckin class. Who needs sensors and surround view whatever when ye can have a retractable stick.

A friend of mine had a 90s LWB S class and they came out of the rear quarter panels, for whatever good they did.

Extra nostalgia points because my Glanza has one too :pac:

20210225-234022.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have you seen the size of parking spaces in Japan? That's why parking poles were needed, that and why alot of JDM cars had power folding mirrors long before they were common here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bazz26 wrote: »
    Have you seen the size of parking spaces in Japan? That's why parking poles were needed, that and why alot of JDM cars had power folding mirrors long before they were common here.

Mainly down to height really.... They can't see over the steering wheel in many cases....

Had a few with these, Micra, civic. Was cool

Advertisement