Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

20210227-181630.jpg

Done a bit today and looking forward to doing more and more.

I bought it in the dark and really and truly i didn't really look too much at it.

From this point, if you are a detailing enthusiast, i'd probably stop reading.

Yesterday i washed it by spraying it with neat Delta Force 2000, scrubbing it with a soft middling stiff brush and pressure washing it off. Got good and up under the arches and skirts and got a serious amount of muck off of it.

Had a good look at it today, didn't get a fright but if i was expecting a tidy yoke, i would have. Covered in light scuffs, suncream prints and riddled with tar spots.

Time was limited so i filled an old spray bottle with petrol, sprayed down the sides and rubbed off the dissolving tar with an old microfibre. Then i went back down the sides with a sponge and a bucket of fairy liquid to take away and petrol residue etc. You can still see some suds in the pics. Sarcasm aside it's actually done wonders for the appearance of the car.

Also sprayed the steel rims matte black without taking them off the car and fitted a set of correct sized reg plates using double sided sticky.

Simple things that have done a lot for it. Would like to have a go at taking off the front bumper and fixing it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Turned into an all Lexus household now... Collected the F Sport yesterday afternoon and very impressed so far!

545207.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Turned into an all Lexus household now... Collected the F Sport yesterday afternoon and very impressed so far!

How do you find the gearbox? CVT is the only thing that stops me looking at them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Oh Charlie.... hang your head in shame

pippip wrote: »
    Oh Charlie.... hang your head in shame

Oooops. Rookie mistake!!

• Advertisement

How do you find the gearbox? CVT is the only thing that stops me looking at them

I presume you got it wrong first time :P

Yeah it's not bad, people did tell me that it's the 'letdown' of the 300 but the Fit was CVT as well and this feels totally different? The Fit was just a lazy one gear feeling thing, but the Lexus feels a lot better with actual changes (6 speed) and the paddle shift is actually fairly lively but I doubt it'll ever be used by either herself or me. I've yet to bring it on a decent spin, but after driving it around a bit today I largely prefer my LS.

On the paddle note... They're obscenely big and when you hit the up one, it also moves the cruise control stalk and that's really a strange oversight on Lexus' part!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you have the fake engine noises turned on too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

New (ish) car, collected last November. Came from one and missed it, especially the 3 door
    9YSRSYgh.jpg

And mid wash today
    XbwqZyrh.jpg

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do you have the fake engine noises turned on too!

First thing I turned off! Tell you what though... That hybrid motor is loud! :eek:

It’s no harm turning it on but down low. Car sounds less hybridy with it on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

This is my weekend car, maybe not too exciting compared to others here, but you either love or hate Alfa's. I had 2 GT's back in the 2000's and bought this one in 2017. It's a 2006 and I am the second owner from new.

I presume you got it wrong first time :P

No, I quoted the picture by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

ec_pc wrote: »
    This is my weekend car, maybe not too exciting compared to others here, but you either love or hate Alfa's. I had 2 GT's back in the 2000's and bought this one in 2017. It's a 2006 and I am the second owner from new.

I thought I was the only one left driving Alfa GT :)

Looks in good nick. Mine is due nct in June. If you need any parts ;)

Diesel or petrol?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Wife came home with new wheels today. Picked it up on the way to work, garage was across from her hospital. Took her a few go's to reverse into a parking spot, neither of us have driven an auto before.

attachment.php?attachmentid=545616&d=1614714648[\img]

Very nice, does it have self parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

wonski wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one left driving Alfa GT :)

Looks in good nick. Mine is due nct in June. If you need any parts ;)

Diesel or petrol?

Yes it's in good nick overall, a few little cosmetic items here and there. Flew through the NCT last week. I spend a few quid on it each year, mostly mechanical so far. Got timing belt done just to be on safe side with water pump last year. Alloys getting a refurb this year and I need to get a little rust bubble sorted at the top of the windscreen.

It's diesel by choice, just prefer driving them.No DPF in these engines in 2006. The 1.9 engine still has some pull for just 150 BHP. I remember testing the 2.0 petrol back in 2005 and it was gutless compared to the diesel, that's torque for ya.

Only 140 K, so it's hardly run in really!

Not many left on the roads now, most are breaking on donedeal, really tatty or else dealers looking for funny money.Where I live there is a blue one in the town and there was another guy with one identical to mine. He stopped me on the street one day to reminisce as he had just sold his. I still see my 08 one knocking around from time to time. The 08 one always felt cheap compared to the 06 model I had, more trouble too. I bought both of them new at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

ec_pc wrote: »
    The 1.9 engine still has some pull for just 150 BHP. I remember testing the 2.0 petrol back in 2005 and it was gutless compared to the diesel, that's torque for ya.

The 165bhp petrol one would be quicker than your diesel but you would have to rag it compared to the diesel.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Very nice, does it have self parking?

How would find out? I won't see it when it's bright out till Friday, she's gone by 7am.

beertons wrote: »
    How would find out? I won't see it when it's bright out till Friday, she's gone by 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The buttons are near all blanks on that Passat. I don't believe it has that option fitted.

One big thing going from manual to auto is to never brake like one would in a manual as you will go through the windscreen.....

• Advertisement

One big thing going from manual to auto is to never brake like one would in a manual as you will go through the windscreen.....

Reminds me of playing Grand Theft Auto. The newer ones IV and V

Oh that's interesting. Will find out.

The buttons are near all blanks on that Passat. I don't believe it has that option fitted.

Do you brake with your left foot or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Weird, it does have the sideways sensors for automatic parking but i don't see the button on the dash.

Is the interior pic a stock image?

Weird, it does have the sideways sensors for automatic parking but i don't see the button on the dash.

I think it's the garage pic. I'll get a fresh one tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Whatever about braking like a manual in an auto, don't stomp your foot looking for the clutch to change up because you will go through the windscreen!

Jesus you guys are making driving automatics sound like fun. Never actually drove a auto.

Flying through the windscreen sounds like a good buzz. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Some of them had the side sensors without the self parking .

If those seats are half leather, which the look like, I’d seriously recommend getting some sort of fabric protector/barrier applied. They’re an absolute nightmare to keep clean and actually very hard to get clean if they get dirty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Whatever about braking like a manual in an auto, don't stomp your foot looking for the clutch to change up because you will go through the windscreen!

Very easily done in early ownership of an auto.done it myself within the first two weeks of ownership swinging out to reverse into a space in a car park, an oh crap moment :D

• Advertisement

CDAD3903-FA0-C-4-E98-9-FCF-390-A6131-F6-C8.jpg

9 years ago today since I collected this :)

2 or 3 boardsies owned this after I did, so it’s a bit of a slag.

Advertisement