Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wow...

I'm very very jealous....

Lovely bus, hope she does you well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

That's class. I've been watching a good few videos about these lately. I jumped on JC autocares Facebook there to peak if any more photos and this was there.... I was doubting myself for a minute...

Screenshot-20210305-203749.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jesus that's the quickest couple of day ownership that turned into 13+ years of ownership. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Wow...

I'm very very jealous....

Lovely bus, hope she does you well.

You'll see it in Donnybrook some days ;)

Is that a different R32 Vintage posted on Jc autocares Facebook page or did you change the front bumper, clear indicators and alloys?

I only just realized the changes just now.

edit: It's a different car more changes I spotted what's the chances of two R32's coming in to get a polish at near enough the same time.

• Advertisement

Is that a different R32 Vintage posted on Jc autocares Facebook page or did you change the front bumper, clear indicators and alloys?

I only just realized the changes just now.

edit: It's a different car more changes I spotted what's the chances of two R32's coming in to get a polish at near enough the same time.

That other one isn't a GTR. Mine also wasn't polished. It was only washed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Bought this today, well last week but paid today. Being delivered during the week. I've always wanted one.

20210227-162127.jpg

20210227-162041.jpg

received-768376623784562.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

20210307-171421.jpg

Spent the last week calling and texting every donedeal and facebook marketplace ad i could find for Corollas/ Avensis/ Celicas for breaking within a sensible distance to try and get a set of any kind of 5 stud Toyota wheels or even Toyota hub caps. Cant believe i couldn't get a set.

Splashed the cash on some hubcaps to tide me over :pac:

Have been pricking away tidying it up. Drained a lot of water from the spare wheel well, cleaned and dried it, same with the spare wheel, cleaned and dried and tidied up the tool kit. Have went around the body de-tarred it and used a fall our remover for the first time ever, all the washing was done with a big emphasis on under the arches, door shuts, wheels and tyres etc. Was going to clay it but didn't get the time.

Have fitted proper square plates, replaced the wipers but most importanty drove it to work every day this week. She's rough and ready but i must admit i've been having an absolute ball in it.

Did you get rid of the Golf? Or is the Celica just a second car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Still have the Golf. Couldn't see myself getting rid of that any time soon, it's about the cheapest form of driving i can think of, the car is paid for, cheap tax, handy on fuel, respectable enough looking, full history, low owner yada yada.

The Celica was a bit of a spontaneous purchase but sure it's been a long couple of years with one thing and another between finishing our house, changing jobs and lockdowns and what have you i havn't had any time for cars as a past time in years. It's a gift from me to me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Have the 540i 4 years now in April, can't see myself parting with it for a long long time, still niggly bits to sort but it's getting there :P

x4qR4lGh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

@TFB One of those Celicas in a field on my way to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Truckermal wrote: »
    @TFB One of those Celicas in a field on my way to work!
    I'd have a bit or two off it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Spent the last week calling and texting every donedeal and facebook marketplace ad i could find for Corollas/ Avensis/ Celicas for breaking within a sensible distance to try and get a set of any kind of 5 stud Toyota wheels or even Toyota hub caps. Cant believe i couldn't get a set.

I've found adverts to be the best by a mile for finding stuff like this cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

In its natural habitat...

51014759278_6fac3a227d_z.jpg

Nice, how are you finding it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Wailin

Black grills to finish off the stealth look MM :)

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Nice, how are you finding it!?

Loving it apart from the fact that I haven't been able to take it for a proper drive yet!
    Wailin wrote: »
    Black grills to finish off the stealth look MM :)

I'm not sure, I like the contrast and I think there's enough black on it as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Yokel : Is she a td or a d4d lad?

Me : Leanburn actually...

1615194482224.jpg

No problems stopping there

• Advertisement

vintagevrs wrote: »
    No problems stopping there

Thankfully! The factory brakes were about as good as holding a jacket out the window in the hope of slowing down :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

In its natural habitat...

Looking class. Petrol is cheaper at your side of the county too:pac:

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Thankfully! The factory brakes were about as good as holding a jacket out the window in the hope of slowing down :pac:

First thing I noticed was the massive caliper. What brakes did you put on it?

I honestly didn't think you still had that car.

First thing I noticed was the massive caliper. What brakes did you put on it?

I honestly didn't think you still had that car.

The fronts are 315mm vented discs with Lexus LS430 calipers, rear also 315mm vented with Celica Gt4 St205 calipers.

Aye it was parked up from 2018 until this year, I must have gotten old in that time because it's too feckin loud for me now :pac:

Cheensbo wrote: »
    The fronts are 315mm vented discs with Lexus LS430 calipers, rear also 315mm vented with Celica Gt4 St205 calipers.

Aye it was parked up from 2018 until this year, I must have gotten old in that time because it's too feckin loud for me now :pac:

Are these the upside down brakes? :pac:

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Looking class. Petrol is cheaper at your side of the county too:pac:

Your old Fiesta ST is around here too and spends a bit of time in that location :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Your old Fiesta ST is around here too and spends a bit of time in that location :D

I see it regularly around town!

Truckermal wrote: »
    I see it regularly around town!

You were the one who told me it was hooch's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Oh yes I heard it lives there too..small world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

That is one tidy Toyota.. de-loud it, and it ticks the JDM boxes for me...

Advertisement