Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

Carbon bits are very expensive and not worth it in my opinion, lad :pac:

There’s enough black on it with the paint and tint rather than adding more. I prefer contrast to the black-out look.

DL4N3m_WsAADKNz.jpg

I dunno, looks good :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Carbon bits are very expensive and not worth it in my opinion, lad :pac:

There’s enough black on it with the paint and tint rather than adding more. I prefer contrast to the black-out look.

You're right. Carbon bits are tack. Same with lads adding maxton bits to mk7 Golf R's. Personally I think they look absolutely ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭maddness

hooch-85 wrote: »
    You're right. Carbon bits are tack. Same with lads adding maxton bits to mk7 Golf R's. Personally I think they look absolutely ****e.

Totally agreed, carbon bit are just poxy unless they come standard on your Lamborghini. Body kits of any type just scream max power to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

maddness wrote: »
    Totally agreed, carbon bit are just poxy unless they come standard on your Lamborghini. Body kits of any type just scream max power to me.

on Golf R ? think there's enough power being screamed by exhaust

Carpentry wrote: »
    on Golf R ? think there's enough power being screamed by exhaust

Each to their own, I’d rather a Golf R without any extra body kit added.
    Add performance but leave it looking standard for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

My Golf R has a simple Maxton kit on it. It's gloss black to match the other gloss black bits that were standard.
    I think it adds a nice bit of extra aggressiveness without going too extreme.
    I also don't give a flying f*ck what anybody else thinks about it either so that helps.

But I did add extra power to be fair :p

If we all liked the same things life would be very boring! I just don't think splitters add anything to them being honest.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Tyres defo more important than drive train I think. Years ago I had winter tyres (prob overkill) on a 3 series during that big freeze, prob 2010. It was fine with everything. There was an awd x type in the house at the time which was terrible. False sense of security nearly in the Jag. I'd maybe consider an all season type next time.

Great selection in 3PMSF about now, reckon I'll go for hankook kinergy 4s2 myself later in 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the stock M4 body styling is aggressive enough and perfectly fine imo. I certainly wouldn't be sticking different splitters and/or defusers on one, you see enough 420ds around with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That’s usually the problem with all that stuff, it gets stuck into the basic stuff and suddenly becomes over used and tacky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Like putting V6 on a 1.0 polo or amg on a diesel A class

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Like putting V6 on a 1.0 polo or amg on a diesel A class

Or even better...
    540985.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

At long last, I've found my next car. Picking it up early next week.

Here's a little hint:

Only seeing this now, but that looks very promising, congrats MM :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭td2008

Congrats - the M4 looks so good in black - much better than the E92 M3 did imo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

td2008 wrote: »
    Congrats - the M4 looks so good in black - much better than the E92 M3 did imo

Cheers!

I thought the E92 M3 looked best in mineral grey or mineral white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

330e M-sport, just delivered yesterday. Ill post up a few better pictures when the weather improves.

[IMG][/img]cIlBbMk.jpg

[IMG][/img]M9mDV02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Took the new pressure washer (Nilfisk E145) for a spin yesterday and gave her the first wash of 2021.

MMarOL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I have an E145. Fantastic machines. Makes light work of cleaning concrete, driveway etc as well as washing the car. One of the attachments is strong enough to strip car paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

I have an E145. Fantastic machines. Makes light work of cleaning concrete, driveway etc as well as washing the car. One of the attachments is strong enough to strip car paint.

Yeah I upgraded from a Karcher K2 and the difference is mad! Going to tackle the patio slabs when the weather improves, the Karcher wasn't really up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

My latest purchase Focus ST2 Facelift Petrol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Duff wrote: »
    Yeah I upgraded from a Karcher K2 and the difference is mad! Going to tackle the patio slabs when the weather improves, the Karcher wasn't really up to it.

I came from a Nilfisk C110 to the E145. Night and day, gave the C110 to my Dad as I couldn't wear it out.

Focus ST looks great @eoinbmw. What did it replace?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

I came from a Nilfisk C110 to the E145. Night and day, gave the C110 to my Dad as I couldn't wear it out.

Focus ST looks great @eoinbmw. What did it replace?
    CheersðŸ‘I finally managed to get the other half into the family hack so I offloaded my 09 audi a6 sline estate! Nice to get back into something a bit fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Ms jou's yoke:

541616.jpg

What a moustache! :eek: ;)

541617.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭passatman86

Thats a clean looking corolla
    Any more pics
    Did you fit a few bits to it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Next post will be a picture of a black M4. :pac:

So after 5 years in my first diesel and a long and harrowing search, I picked up this 2016 BMW M4 on Wednesday. Fully loaded with gadgets and gizmos and almost €100 cheaper to insure than the 330d.

Have to say I'm absolutely loving being back in a petrol.

50894816998_100c2f0a82_c.jpg

The only thing more impressive about the car is the wall behind it! Well wear MM, beautiful car.

I went from a Golf GTD to an R and my insurance came down too. Funny little country we live in.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    The only thing more impressive about the car is the wall behind it! Well wear MM, beautiful car.

I went from a Golf GTD to an R and my insurance came down too. Funny little country we live in.

My insurance dropped by almost €500 from a 730d to a M140i, go figure!
    Lovely car MM, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

That's really nice, I like how subtle it is.

• Advertisement

vintagevrs wrote: »
    That's really nice, I like how subtle it is.

Pictures don't do the M4 justice, especially in black. It's not as subtle in person :pac:

Advertisement