Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Was that you in the BJ in the 3 Peaks bunch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

Planet X wrote: »
    Was that you in the BJ in the 3 Peaks bunch?

I was in the new long sleeved Boards top. Did a nice job keeping me warm on the Slieve Maan and Shay Elliot descents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Saw someone heading down Cruagh Road today at around 14h00. They then turned onto Tibradden Road. They were wearing Boards jersey and possibly Boards shorts too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Spotted a boardsie coming down from powerscourt/sally gap direction and turning off for cruagh road at about half 10 this morning, that was me shouting boards at you at the junction, couldn't think what else to say :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Passed someone on the Templeogue road (near Hollingsworths) wearing a ls boards top (new) on Sunday at around 13:30. Gave a (friendly) beep as I passed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Passed someone on the Templeogue road (near Hollingsworths) wearing a ls boards top (new) on Sunday at around 13:30. Gave a (friendly) beep as I passed.

That was me. S/S with a long sleeve running top underneath. Wondered why someone was beeping at me, battling into the wind about 15k later I realised why. :)

Thursday evening about 7pm - old jersey, making an illegal exit out of the Chapelizod gate of the Phoenix park. I was running in the opposite direction trying to figure out where I recognised that jersey design from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Thursday evening about 7pm - old jersey, making an illegal exit out of the Chapelizod gate of the Phoenix park. I was running in the opposite direction trying to figure out where I recognised that jersey design from

Guilty as charged, although not strictly illegal as I was using the pedestrian gate. Oops :o......I suppose I really should have dismounted. Apologies for bringing shame on the jersey. I'll have to retire it now, and only use it to wash my bike. My only defence is, I was probably still on a high after setting a PR and moving up to 5th on this.

http://app.strava.com/segments/664839

(Now 6th :()

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Needmoregears at the Tour de Foothills if I remember my boardsies correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Inquitus wrote: »
    Needmoregears at the Tour de Foothills if I remember my boardsies correctly.

I met few others in disguise but didn't notice any other boards gear - mind you was on my lonesome for most of the last 50k so I didn't see too many other people in any class of gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

spotted a new jersey on a white bike friday eveing heading out from town at north strand bout 730pm and old jersey this morning bout 9 on willie nolan road in baldoyle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

neris wrote: »
    spotted a new jersey on a white bike friday eveing heading out from town at north strand bout 730pm and old jersey this morning bout 9 on willie nolan road in baldoyle.

Out of town Friday might have been me. I passed that way on my white bike around that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

T'was I this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Some feckin eejit called captain something on a power trip today in Laois. And there was me on a "recovery" spin and he nearly killed himself trying to get past:D

He started on about being a moderator on some forum or something:rolleyes:

And the state of his bike...... Sellotape holding on the handlebar tape:eek: get it together man:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Raymzor

saw a boardsie in timetrial event in limerick 2nite-you were flyin it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

Raymzor wrote: »
    saw a boardsie in timetrial event in limerick 2nite-you were flyin it.:)

that was me,
    i doubt if i was flying it,
    one of my worst times in years!
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Old jersey on blonde lady between malahide and portmarnock - sighted twice

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Old jersey on blonde lady between malahide and portmarnock - sighted twice

Spotted what I presume is the same lady at 1115 turning right onto the coast at Sutton cross. Black Canyon - didn't shout as too much traffic around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Old jersey sighted at approx 9:15am this morning just before the summit in Howth. You had a partner sporting red tights with you. I was the new jersey heading downhill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

boardsie with beard heading up Kilmashogue Lane at 12:25pm today - slight scraping sound from your front derailleur;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

boardsie with beard heading up Kilmashogue Lane at 12:25pm today - slight scraping sound from your front derailleur;)

Meself on the old hybrid, trying to figure out what ROKs climb would be like. I kind of like the loud creaks it makes as they help drown out the creaks my body makes. Really needs stripping down and re-greasing and a lot of TLC. The bike needs some attention too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Old Jersey in Glendalough Green @ 2.20

Too busy getting soup into me to say anything to you.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,764 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

New jersey & bib tights (maybe shorts with leggings) going over feathered back to Dublin. You stopped at the top and then flew past me soon after.

Nice looking white Planet X. Think you said something going past but I was a whole new world of pain (and cold after the hail stones)

You could have been telling me the 3rd secret of Fatima & I wouldn't have noticed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Old Jersey in Glendalough Green @ 2.20

Too busy getting soup into me to say anything to you.:)

That was me. Were you sitting at that counter thingy just to the right of the serving area (as all the tables were taken) in short sleeves?

Lot of motorbikers in there today, I thought they all went to Lynhams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Yip that was me. Only the second time in the hills around there. I was wrecked and didnt even notice you in there until you were leaving.
    jimm wrote: »
    That was me. Were you sitting at that counter thingy just to the right of the serving area (as all the tables were taken) in short sleeves?

Lot of motorbikers in there today, I thought they all went to Lynhams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Leroy42 wrote: »
    New jersey & bib tights (maybe shorts with leggings) going over feathered back to Dublin. You stopped at the top and then flew past me soon after.

Nice looking white Planet X. Think you said something going past but I was a whole new world of pain (and cold after the hail stones)

You could have been telling me the 3rd secret of Fatima & I wouldn't have noticed!

That was me and actually that's the old design jersey :D I got hail stones on my way up to glencree, not fun..

• Advertisement

Old jersey this morning at around 8:15am along the Grand Canal at Portobello, blondy hair and a facemask type thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Dónal wrote: »
    Old jersey this morning at around 8:15am along the Grand Canal at Portobello, blondy hair and a facemask type thing.

Sounds like she is everywhere these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 silentfox

A guy with the jersey passed me on a hill in the pheonix park last thursday afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Celbridge Main Street at 8am to-day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

Stephen's Green at around 6:45 or a little after on Friday riding a single speed, around the Loreto school approaching the Leeson street junction. I was walking in a hurry in the opposite direction to catch a train

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Spotted one on Saturday morning (8:30ish am) at Christ Church. He pulled in at Dublinia, looked like he was meeting a mate there. Me was too busy hugging the brakes on the ol' scr to give a proper shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Boardsie spotted heading South on Sandyford Road 9am yesterday (Sat). I gave a shout from my car while you were stopped at the lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Spotted one on Saturday morning (8:30ish am) at Christ Church. He pulled in at Dublinia, looked like he was meeting a mate there. Me was too busy hugging the brakes on the ol' scr to give a proper shout.

That was me waiting for mvt, in one of the rare occasions I visited the north side for a spin.

Clontarf Cycle Track/Wind Tunnel this evening at 1815 or so - you passed me on Frankenbike with a guy in a yellow top behind me on a road bike. Our little train couldn't keep up with you - you were fairly flying considering the wind. Eventually you turned off at the little roundabout in Baldoyle. - still a great spin home into a strong but steady wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Today @ 16:23 heading along Griffith Ave through the junction with Drumcondra Road at Whitehall Garda Station - old style jersey..........

Mr Daly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Full boards kit spotted between portmarnock & baldoyle around 130 this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

boards shorts heading towards dalys cross, near lim citay last nite at around 6 30 ish

Jawgap wrote: »
    Today @ 16:23 heading along Griffith Ave through the junction with Drumcondra Road at Whitehall Garda Station - old style jersey..........

Mr Daly?

Hope you were admiring my out-of-the-saddle sprint start...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭furiousox

Saw new type jersey today at 3.00 heading from Duleek direction towards Kilmoon cross.
    I was heading towards Drogheda in a white van.
    Gave you a "toot-toot".

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

furiousox wrote: »
    Saw new type jersey today at 3.00 heading from Duleek direction towards Kilmoon cross.
    I was heading towards Drogheda in a white van.
    Gave you a "toot-toot".
    I heard your friendly "toot-toot" and thought "I must check boards later" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Know it's a bit past the sighting, but spotted a jersey a the NRC during the UniChamps/Skib regatta a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember if you were there on the Saturday or the Sunday. Leaning against bike watching the finish with another cyclist. Spotted you first while carrying my boat back and again from the balcony... Never got a chance to say hello!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

Saw some boards shorts this morning at about 08:00 on Distillery Road, heading towards Ballybough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Jersey this morning outside Glenmalure, near the top of what I think it Slieve Maan. Gave a beep after I passed in a black car. Same person again I think later but with a jacket on, got a nod from you when I came from the opposite direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭buffalo

Saw some boards shorts this morning at about 08:00 on Distillery Road, heading towards Ballybough

That would've been me on the way to do the Randonnee. Now you know where I live! ...for the rest of the month anyway.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Jersey this morning outside Glenmalure, near the top of what I think it Slieve Maan. Gave a beep after I passed in a black car. Same person again I think later but with a jacket on, got a nod from you when I came from the opposite direction.

That may have been me - around 0945-1000ish? Went for a suffer out of Laragh - Sliabh Mann, Shay Elliot, Wicklow Gap ; wrecked but happy at the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, it was around that time alright, it was quiet enough out there around that early on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭hiDEhi

Spotted at least one boards old type jersey at the Sligo 160 yesterday. May have seen another one on the road in from Rosses Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Roadrat

LDB wrote: »
    Saw a boards jersey this morning around 8:20 time heading towards Seville place/upper sherrif st I think (coming from N circular road)
    I noticed the speed of the person first, and then the jersey ... whoever you are you were flying!

It’s quite cool to spot the jersey out and about. Anyone else had any sightings?
    Saw 1 on North East Cycle yesterday between Lough Egish and Castleblayney.Chap with a goatee, English accent I think. He was making a brave stab at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭buffalo

South-bound boardsie on a bike with tri-bars, coming down the Malahide Road at the city end just before six yesterday evening.

This feels like a missed connection ad.

• Advertisement

buffalo wrote: »
    South-bound boardsie on a bike with tri-bars, coming down the Malahide Road at the city end just before six yesterday evening.

This feels like a missed connection ad.

Could have been me legging it home for chauffeuring duties...

Advertisement