Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Cabaal wrote: »
    I'm still wearing shorts for both cycling and running at this time of year, :)

Same here, it's not gotten that bad yet has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

CramCycle wrote: »

I've been using leg warmers for the last two weeks. I was a bit warm on a couple of days though.

Raam wrote: »
    I've been using leg warmers for the last two weeks. I was a bit warm on a couple of days though.

Probably Neuropathy on my part then, F****** Diabetes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

About 13:45 today on Grange road Baldoyle. New jersey on a white errm... bike..

Beeped and waved..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

CramCycle wrote: »

No where near cold enough yet, went for a run yesterday and found it awful warm for this time of year. But then I;m a pretty warm person even when its cold.

I'm curious how long I;ll get away with shorts

Out on my first spin with my boards.ie jersey tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

cdaly_ wrote: »
    About 13:45 today on Grange road Baldoyle. New jersey on a white errm... bike..

Beeped and waved..

Was me struggling the last few hundred meters home after a slog of a cycle. saw you and heard you cant remembered if i waved back or not. If i didnt sorry was shattered

Yep. You weren't exactly perky taking off from the lights. I think you muttered darkly or some such. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

I saw cdaly again this morning. Same location as last time: at the traffic lights on the junction of Griffith Avenue and Mobhi Road. I'm glad to say I was on my bike rather in a car with a bike on the back this time. I see you have your limbs covered now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Long-sleeve old jersey all the way in from Blackrock, along Sandymount, through Ringsend this morning about 7.30/7.45. Must have passed/gotten passed 3 or 4 times while meandering along in the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Plastik wrote: »
    Long-sleeve old jersey all the way in from Blackrock, along Sandymount, through Ringsend this morning about 7.30/7.45. Must have passed/gotten passed 3 or 4 times while meandering along in the car!
    Sounds like me. I was having a go-slow day and the lights were (unusually enough) mostly in my favour which turned the commute into a suprisingly pleasant early morning cruise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Passed a boards jersey wearer in Naul heading up the hill to Ballyboughal yesterday around half 5 or thereabouts. It was some day out there yesterday afternoon / early evening! Short sleeves and legs all the way! Same today in a couple of hours! Say hi if you see me in a black n orange hi-mountain top!

Ha! Me again... I wasn't stopped gasping for breath honest! I lost a bit of my glasses and had to turn back to search...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Another long-sleeve old kit wearer on the Malahide Road yesterday evening about 5.30 heading towards Marino Mart/ Fairview Park ..

<me waves>...

I'm gonna have to hide or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

<me waves>...

I'm gonna have to hide or something...

Or cycle faster and use a cloaking device!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I was cycling away from Ballsbridge along the Merrion Road this morning at about 8.30 and saw a new jersey cycling inbound. Not too far from the British embassy. Eye contact was made but I didn't have enough time to compute and blink 'hello', much less do a wave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

I was cycling away from Ballsbridge along the Merrion Road this morning at about 8.30 and saw a new jersey cycling inbound. Not too far from the British embassy. Eye contact was made but I didn't have enough time to compute and blink 'hello', much less do a wave :)

Me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Can never work out how to embed a youtube vid, but here, 14 secs in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1mVDEhmaOY&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Just use the code, like this...

<youtube tag>e1mVDEhmaOY</youtube tag>

Possibly a 2nd one in the background 2/3 seconds before your sighting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Last Saturday at about 11.45, I was driving the car that had to stop to let you cycle across a pedestrian crossing that you didn't check for traffic on at the entrance to Corke Abbey :p

Also yesterday evening at about 6.15 as I was coming onto the N11 Cabinteely bypass from Johnstown Rd.

I always check to see are cyclists wearing a boards shirt and didn't see any until this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

Watched the vid... cool to see the boards sighting, but I couldn't help but squirm and laugh at the big arse that obstructs the cam's view about 1min into the clip... Lycra has a lot to answer for!!!

Original Jersey. Junction of Ailesbury Road and Merrion Road around 8.30. I managed a wavelike gesture at the last minute.

daragh_ wrote: »
    Original Jersey. Junction of Ailesbury Road and Merrion Road around 8.30. I managed a wavelike gesture at the last minute.

Yup, that was me! Gave ya a wave back. Only the second time I've seen the new jersey.

Dónal wrote: »
    Yup, that was me! Gave ya a wave back. Only the second time I've seen the new jersey.

I'm easy to spot as I'm so slow :D

I maybe saw Needmoregears* powering north out of Baldoyle at about 6.15 this evening. Dunno was he in a boards jersey 'cos he was entirely hi-vis clad...

* or maybe somebody else entirely...

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭inkedpt

I saw today about 8.45 am someone with a boards.ie jersey on Fonthill Rd jumping from the road to the cycle lane just before the roundabout and head to the retail park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

I maybe saw Needmoregears* powering north out of Baldoyle at about 6.15 this evening. Dunno was he in a boards jersey 'cos he was entirely hi-vis clad...

* or maybe somebody else entirely...

'twas me alright. Had the boards jersey under the hi-vis. As for "powering" - you're most kind:)

Where were you? Sorry if I didn't spot you but the old glasses don't have night vision

Was in the car doing Dad's taxi. Old grey Saab 900 with the top down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Had the boards jersey under the hi-vis

Advertisement