Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random/General Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

The old Jurys hotel across the bridge has been renamed the 'HowDoo' hotel. Ye can see it from the quay

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭buttonteaser

just wondering can anyone tell me what the name of this house is. iv never heard or even knew this place was here until i stumbled upon it on a random spin

the area is called terrerath

its on a left turn after jack meades.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Terrerath,+Waterford&hl=en&ll=52.252082,-7.022367&spn=0.014266,0.042272&sll=52.252292,-7.030585&sspn=0.007133,0.029311&oq=terrerath+watergord&t=h&hnear=Terrerath,+County+Waterford&z=15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Hijpo

just wondering can anyone tell me what the name of this house is. iv never heard or even knew this place was here until i stumbled upon it on a random spin

the area is called terrerath

its on a left turn after jack meades.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Terrerath,+Waterford&hl=en&ll=52.252082,-7.022367&spn=0.014266,0.042272&sll=52.252292,-7.030585&sspn=0.007133,0.029311&oq=terrerath+watergord&t=h&hnear=Terrerath,+County+Waterford&z=15

Google says Woodlands House Halfway House?? Dont know if its an actual halfway house. Not on the laptop at the moment, does streetview on google maps go up to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭cbl593h

Hijpo wrote: »
    Google says Woodlands House Halfway House?? Dont know if its an actual halfway house. Not on the laptop at the moment, does streetview on google maps go up to it?
    I wouldn't pay much heed to placenames on Google, since when did the Dunmore Road go over the bridge at Jack's ???? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭buttonteaser

cbl593h wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay much heed to placenames on Google, since when did the Dunmore Road go over the bridge at Jack's ???? :confused:

yeah i googled woodlands house and just got the hotel. i might just drive all the way up the driveway and be really nosey next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

well , how is it going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Anyone else's UPC Broadband dropping in and out? I'm in the Gracedieu area!

Edit: tis' fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Does anyone know if any of the take aways in town deliver out to Butlerstown? Would be so nice to not have to drive in everytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

does anyone know a good place to get tea and a cake on sunday? :)

• Advertisement

CuriousG wrote: »
    does anyone know a good place to get tea and a cake on sunday? :)

that little place on Micheal street does be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

deadybai wrote: »
    that little place on Micheal street does be nice

Is that the newish place? Never thought of it, have you been there?

CuriousG wrote: »
    Is that the newish place? Never thought of it, have you been there?

yeah i think its beside funk it. I cant think of the name. But its a class place for a cup of coffee/cake etc.

Christmas lights in the city will be turned on November 22nd at 5p.m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Someone in Cherrymount has their Christmas light up and on already! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

mike65 wrote: »
    Someone in Cherrymount has their Christmas light up and on already! :eek:

I reckon there'll be a lot more up by the weekend. A lot of people like to put them up on the night of the Late Late Toy Show :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Late Late Toy Show used to be our day to put it up too, but that was when it was on the telly in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Swissarmyknife

Hi,Does anyone know if any of the meat factories have a shop,or sell to the public?
    Any recommendations appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Hi,Does anyone know if any of the meat factories have a shop,or sell to the public?
    Any recommendations appreciated.
    Countrystyle out in Grannagh have an outlet shop. Good value in the place too.
    They have a special offer this week of Pork Steaks €4 each. (I just saw it on facebook)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

Countrystyle out in Grannagh have an outlet shop. Good value in the place too.
    They have a special offer this week of Pork Steaks €4 each. (I just saw it on facebook)

Dawn Meats have a factory shop.. out at Carrolls Cross, on N25. Opposite the old closed pub.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Lads, anyone know the best place in Waterford to laminate sheets? I have a few A4 certificates that I would like laminated, they arent brand new sheets, one or two are a tad worn. Anyone know a place that could do this?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Lads, anyone know the best place in Waterford to laminate sheets? I have a few A4 certificates that I would like laminated, they arent brand new sheets, one or two are a tad worn. Anyone know a place that could do this?

Cheers.

Surely you know someone who'd have a laminator or at least have access to one through work or something? If not, I'd imagine the likes of Barry down in suirdzign on Patrick's street would be able to do it.

^ I dont know anyone who would have a laminator. Ill check that place out thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JaneDoe111

Try Cantec in Cleaboy Business Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

You can buy one fairly cheap in tesco.

Hi,i have a couple of bags of kids clothes to get rid of.
    Anyone recommend a charity shop that would accept them?
    Thanks.

Hi,i have a couple of bags of kids clothes to get rid of.
    Anyone recommend a charity shop that would accept them?
    Thanks.

theres one across the road from smyths that take clothes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭SonnyB

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1620954_717858491568236_888394445_n.jpg

**** If anyone finds a USB stick like the one in the photo will you please please let me know, it has a college thesis on it due in for next week and a heap of other college work **** Feel free to share!

Lost in the BALLYBRICKEN area

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Fegten wrote: »
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1620954_717858491568236_888394445_n.jpg

**** If anyone finds a USB stick like the one in the photo will you please please let me know, it has a college thesis on it due in for next week and a heap of other college work **** Feel free to share!

Lost in the BALLYBRICKEN area

Post it on the main waterford facebook pages....Waterford gang, waterford in your pocket, WLR etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

What was St Patrick's parade like this year?

Anyone any photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭annettesayz

Hi all
    Would you mind filling in this short survey as part of my college research, which is in relation to the Winterval Festival in Waterford to see if there would be a demand for a Toy Show event.
    Thanks

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/85B7SQS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Some director doing locations in Waterford today for an upcoming big budget movie anybody know what it is or might be :confused:
    Doing locations in #Waterford & I see this awesome statue of a true, #Irish #hero, Thomas Francis Meagher... love it.

https://twitter.com/markmahon/status/463709409403994112

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Some director doing locations in Waterford today for an upcoming big budget movie anybody know what it is or might be :confused:

https://twitter.com/markmahon/status/463709409403994112

I wouldn't believe much of what he says, in the last few years he's claimed to be making a film about the famine starring Colin Farrell and a Brian Boru film starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Now he's saying it's a film with Thomas Francis Meagher as one of the leading characters. I'd be doubtful it'll ever happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Creamsoda wrote: »
    I wouldn't believe much of what he says, in the last few years he's claimed to be making a film about the famine starring Colin Farrell and a Brian Boru film starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Now he's saying it's a film with Thomas Francis Meagher as one of the leading characters. I'd be doubtful it'll ever happen.

Maybe it's the same blockbuster, Leo might win an Oscar this time......:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Creamsoda wrote: »

Maybe it's the same blockbuster, Leo might win an Oscar this time......:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Lads I don't even know where to begin with this one. I'm lookin to learn to dance. I can see everywhere salsa and zumba classes but what I'm lookin for is, I don't know, social dancing?
    like how they danced in clover.
    I'd be a complete novice, but I'm fed up going to things and watching everybody else dance and feel a bit stupid too.
    would anybody know of anybody willing to teach someone or if there are Waltz jive lessons in Waterford or near? One to one or classes I could join?
    :( prob should add I'm a female.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Mike65 closed his account today. An excellent contributor to Boards, especially the Waterford City and Soccer Forums. Also has the highest amounts of posts on Boards I think, as things stand he has 90,093 to his name. Sad to see him go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Geoffs have nailed a lawn to their frontage! When did that go up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Geoffs have nailed a lawn to their frontage! When did that go up?

About two years ago the main building was done, they are just finishing an extension to the right of the building , haven't seen it lately maybe they covered this recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Distance between ferrybank, kilkenny and cherrymount is 80.66 km. Travel time from ferrybank, kilkenny and cherrymount is 73 Minutes.

From the bottom of that page.

Any sign of the pizza blaa in Winterval this year, I havent seen it in any stalls yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Any sign of the pizza blaa in Winterval this year, I havent seen it in any stalls yet?

Been meaning to ask this myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

http://www.fifa.com/ballon-dor/puskas-award/

get on and vote for Stephanie Roche...legend

Does anyone know that busker always in town with the baseball cap? Can ya please tell him to stop playing Wagon Wheel? :pac: . Everytime i walk past hes playing it. I walked past him walking up to Dunnes today, got and ate a roll, walked back down and he was playing it again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

I got 4 rescued ex-battery hens today. Hopefully after a couple of weeks of good feeding, fresh air and sunshine they'll be thriving and enjoying life. At least they've been spared being slaughtered later this week.

Today was their first day outdoors and tasting grass. They're very nervous though and I'm keeping them away from my existing hens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I'd love to keep a couple of hens. It's one of those things I'm often saying I'll look into. Beekeeping too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Just seen about 10 people sitting on deck chairs outside centra on johns street queuing for one direction tickets i guess which are on sale tomorrow morning!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Wow, some brilliant sunset out there lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement