Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

QUICK QUICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the vending machines have legendary gear in them :eek:

EDIT and here was me panic buying like a fool :D

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1243588733061890048

I noticed that earlier but presumed it was just in the dlc areas.

Didn't get any good ones in the machines though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm not far into the DLC but the area you start in when in a vehicle is mayhem in Mayhem 3 mode. The enemy vehicles are way stronger than in base game and you can be up against 2 or 3 at a time sometimes. Still a good DLC but I will have to organize my weapons better. I had a corrosive assault rifle with me from the last DLC so I will have to change that. My safe is nearly full with legendary weapons. I should go through it and get rid of lower level guns. I also got another infinity to drop.

I'm not far into the DLC but the area you start in when in a vehicle is mayhem in Mayhem 3 mode. The enemy vehicles are way stronger than in base game and you can be up against 2 or 3 at a time sometimes. Still a good DLC but I will have to organize my weapons better. I had a corrosive assault rifle with me from the last DLC so I will have to change that. My safe is nearly full with legendary weapons. I should go through it and get rid of lower level guns. I also got another infinity to drop.

I'd say bin the lot except for COMs and artefacts. The vending machines are rich pickings. Spend 20 minutes going from Sanctuary and the 2 Locations in floodmoor basin farming the vending machines. I got some great anointment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Got a Sawbar, a Night Hawkin and my first Conference Call through the vending machine tonight.

Then levelled up from 52 to 55 making the above almost instantaneously redundant :pac:

Oh my god, the first main boss is a pain in the hole. Without spoiling it expect lots of falling.

That boss was difficult just beat it now.

• Advertisement

That boss was difficult just beat it now.

I was a good idea just some questionable execution. I liked the need for speed but I fell almost half a dozen times trying to get back off the rock platforms. Every time trying to get from the small platforms on to the big one before it fell towards the arena and you could snooker yourself if you shot the last crystal and were too low to get onto the big one.

Got a couple of hours in this afternoon.

Some of the new guns are great. Tedior shotgun called Flama Diddle+ , there is a Maliwan one that works like an elemental flakker !!!!!

Also got a Jakobs AR called Mutant I think it was. Like a Rowans call but with a laser instead.

I find this DLC to have the hardest enemies so far. Not overly hard but I died a fair few times in this DLC. I didn't die once in the moxie DLC.

Yeah
    Wendigo
    while not hard as such did take some amount of ammo to put down, did notice he was level 59 though maybe due to the fact you have
    Hammerlock with you
    . I got nothing from him so will see if he's any easier when I got back.

Yeah
    Wendigo
    while not hard as such did take some amount of ammo to put down, did notice he was level 59 though maybe due to the fact you have
    Hammerlock with you
    . I got nothing from him so will see if he's any easier when I got back.

I just beat him now he wasn't too bad for me on Mayhem 3. I used a shotgun which blasted through him.

• Advertisement

Wrapped it up last night. Over all it was a bit of a let down. The final boss was super easy compared to everything else. I liked the new areas though. They definitely are not nearly as substantial as the DLC in Borderlands 2

Some seriously good shotguns to be found in it like the anarchy and that Dahl AR who's name I can't remember is excellent.

Had issues with the A Hunter, Through and Through achievement. Simply killing the rare spawns didn't count towards it. I had to recruit help and add them as a friend and then both of us killed them in our own game so we could pick up the bounty mission for them in the lodge.

Wrapped it up last night. Over all it was a bit of a let down. The final boss was super easy compared to everything else. I liked the new areas though. They definitely are not nearly as substantial as the DLC in Borderlands 2

Some seriously good shotguns to be found in it like the anarchy and that Dahl AR who's name I can't remember is excellent.

Had issues with the A Hunter, Through and Through achievement. Simply killing the rare spawns didn't count towards it. I had to recruit help and add them as a friend and then both of us killed them in our own game so we could pick up the bounty mission for them in the lodge.

Yeah final boss was so easy to the point where I was expecting a second stage to it or something. Wendigo was far harder. He hit hard, the adds were dangerous wandering into their firefield and he was a bullet-sponge.

Mostly enjoyed the DLC though. Liked a lot of the new enemies. I swear to frig though it felt like every second legendary that dropped was the COV Serial Killer AR. Got so, so many of them.

Also stayed on Mayhem 3 the whole time so hit Lvl57 maybe halfway through the DLC. I forgot it wouldn't take as long to grind through levels with the Mayhem XP boost, so wasn't that bad. Still going to hang off grinding for weapons for at least another DLC/new levels. Got a new Shocking AAA and Transformer from vending machines, and a new Maggie from a drop (among other new stuff).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Finished the DLC last night, it was a bit of fun. Big fan of the Seeryul Killur and Oldridian guns, picked up a few other new ones but I haven't really tried them out.

Did Burton Briggs' chain of side missions last night. Really interesting, definitely a bit of a change from the other missions.

Penn wrote: »
    Did Burton Briggs' chain of side missions last night. Really interesting, definitely a bit of a change from the other missions.

I'm not finished the main story yet but I completed his missions already. The mini
    maze
    was pretty cool I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Man that new Anarchy shotgun puts out insane numbers once you have the ten stacks of 30% weapon damage per stack.

Playing on Mayhem 3 last night, can't be arsed with 4 at the moment, and even with no elemental damage buff, my corrosive variant was just vaporising everything. Even badass enemies, point in the general direction of any enemy and they go down with one or two shots regardless of how much health or armour they are packing. Completely and utterly broken, and I hope it stays that way!

Finished this just now. I have a couple of things left to do, side missions and still have a fair few achievements to get. Probably will take me a while to get them. I don't know how I missed some of the echo logs as I search every where pretty thoroughly as I go through each area.

Finished this just now. I have a couple of things left to do, side missions and still have a fair few achievements to get. Probably will take me a while to get them. I don't know how I missed some of the echo logs as I search every where pretty thoroughly as I go through each area.

I realised I walked right by a few of the logs when I used the videos to mop up. Think I mentioned the achievement for the rare spawns doesn't unlock from simply killing them. You need someone on your friends like to be killing them in their game so bounties show up in your game for them at the lodge. I'd say that will get patched.

Then there are the stupid fish jokes :rolleyes:

Ran the takedown tonight solo and did it on my second attempt with a semi favourable roll on M3 Anarchy shotguns ftw!!!!! Reload on empty or a kill gives a boost of 30% damage with a max 10 stacks. Finally got a Kyb's worth or 6 :D

I have the fish left to do. The secret achievement also. Will get both done it will just take time and the then 4 guys to kill. I killed them all more than once but yea I looked it up after it wasn't unlocking so may come back to that one at a later stage.

I was on Mayhem 3 and was doing the invincible side mission thinking I was screwed but he was really easy. Why did they call him invincible when he wasn't.

Hmmm secret achievement? It's not "Good One, Babe" is it ???? Thought I was snookered on that one but you can just fight Empowered Grawn again if you don't have enough kills.

• Advertisement

Hmmm secret achievement? It's not "Good One, Babe" is it ???? Thought I was snookered on that one but you can just fight Empowered Grawn again if you don't have enough kills.

That's what i am doing but I fast traveled back to the lodge and back to the level and ran all the way through the level to find no boss. You have to exit out of game and then back in.

After running all the way through and finding no boss I called it a day. As I'm worn out as I played it for a few hours today.

Anyone used Ironbear this evening??? :pac:

Anyone used Ironbear this evening??? :pac:

No, haven't played at all today. Why what happens?

No, haven't played at all today. Why what happens?

They him
    super tiny
    for April fools. Do it in split screen and watch getting out of it or get in the gunner seat :D

Hadn't planned on farming for gear but wanted to try out a new build for Amara so did the Takedown and then Slaughter Shaft twice, so now I'm fairly well stocked with anointed lvl57 gear. But with RE3 out on Friday and busy tomorrow evening, I think that's me done again for a few weeks

Actually got games tonight via matchmaking. Host was doing proving grounds. With the current co-op event the drop rate is through the roof and significantly faster and easier than circles of slaughter.

Got another transformer that gives +75% shields and 30% health on exiting Iron Bear. Brings them to 160k !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I swear to god, if I get one more f*cking Flama Diddle drop I'm going to have a breakdown. It's like the Edge Transit fiasco in Destiny 2 a while back.

Seriously though, the new shotguns introduced in this DLC are fantastic. Been using different variants of the Anarchy and the Insider, and nothing stands a chance. Enjoying the shake up, having played an Amara elemental build for so long that focuses solely on SMGs, it's a nice change of pace.

Almost finished with the DLC as well; what a great piece of content. The setting and writing in particular for me where leaps and bounds ahead of the last DLC. The enemy variety is much better as well this time around.

goon_magee wrote: »
    I swear to god, if I get one more f*cking Flama Diddle drop I'm going to have a breakdown. It's like the Edge Transit fiasco in Destiny 2 a while back.

Seriously though, the new shotguns introduced in this DLC are fantastic. Been using different variants of the Anarchy and the Insider, and nothing stands a chance. Enjoying the shake up, having played an Amara elemental build for so long that focuses solely on SMGs, it's a nice change of pace.

Almost finished with the DLC as well; what a great piece of content. The setting and writing in particular for me where leaps and bounds ahead of the last DLC. The enemy variety is much better as well this time around.

Yeah the Flama Diddle and Seryul Killer AR were the two gins that dropped for me the most. I think it's probably more noticable with the event that's running plus Mayhem mode. Means legendaries just dropping everywhere.

It's an elemental Amara build I respec'd to last night. Hell of a job. I miss Guardian Angel from the green tree with the Phasezerker build, but the damage she can output with the right guns is incredible. For Slaughter Shaft last night, used double penetrating laser ARs (corrosive for first run of it, then got an incendiary drop during it so used it for second one). Absolutely shreds and almost no cooldown on Phasegrasp. Brainstormer on Wotan with that build too dropped his shield in seconds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

They him
    super tiny
    for April fools. Do it in split screen and watch getting out of it or get in the gunner seat :D

Oh, I was wondering why I seemed to be in the ground when I used Iron Bear, explains that so!

• Advertisement

Think I read FL4k's pets were tiny too. Didn't notice anything different with Amara though.

Advertisement