Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Amara was streets ahead of the rest initially to such an extent they had to buff the others several times. I mostly Amara but have a level 60 Fl4k. Came back to it recently and still prefer Amara.
    Never invested much time in Moze or Zane but they're all pretty good now. I'd still 100% be Amara, she's just so damn versatile.

yeah it got a huge buff

beforehand you used never use infusion, i can't remember why i still don't

https://bl3skills.com/siren

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

So despite having a romp of a time with Borderlands 3... I cannot in good faith recommend it to anyone. In fact, I think this is one of the 2 games I've played this gen that I would say is enjoyable but would not recommend on principle. :(

It's just too buggy and poor performing. They have saved so much of the player's time with the quality of life improvements. A shame that it's pretty much offset by all the time wasting you spend having to quit the game and load in due to quest progression getting stuck and then paired with long loading screens and menu lag it just makes it very frustrating to get through. It gets worse over time as well.

And the graphics are constantly loading in as you move through the world, it ruins immersion. Horrible optimisation. Buggiest Borderlands to date.

I never came across any of those issues and I played it at launch so there was a tonne of updates since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I had to do little resoluton dance everytime I played it because it loaded off centre every single time, load game, play game, exit to settings change from 4k to 2k and back to 4k all whilst my mouse was off screen.

Thankfully you could load and start game usng the KB only.

• Advertisement

Oh right. I forgot about PC. I played on the Xbox One X.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What time is the new DLC out at anyone know....?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What time is the new DLC out at anyone know....?

Think it's up now :)

Lads as much as I love the BL3 series the new DLC is tripe.....really is. I would be very hard pushed to buy any more content before seeing the reviews...I never wanted the content to be over as quick in my life.

• Advertisement

Lads as much as I love the BL3 series the new DLC is tripe.....really is. I would be very hard pushed to buy any more content before seeing the reviews...I never wanted the content to be over as quick in my life.

Really. It will be a week or 2 or 3 before I get to play it since I'm currently playing through The Outer Worlds.

After reading your post I decided to watch that launch trailer above and it looks alright and from your comments plus watching that I get the feeling it's just weird and wacky stuff going on due to being inside that psycho's head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

What do you think of the Outer Worlds? I'm thinking of getting that next.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah most reviews I've read have been mixed at best. Shame really.

Yester wrote: »
    What do you think of the Outer Worlds? I'm thinking of getting that next.

I'm a couple of hours into it but still in the first area area but really enjoying it. It's kinda like Fallout but still different. But I do wish they used the Fallout computer hacking and lock picking. In this game they are automatically hacked or picked by using components you find and you can run out. Happened me a few times and had to go back to what ever thing I couldn't open after finding or buying more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 LillyLin

Borderlands 3 its game of year for me best of the best

Circle of Slaughter sucks. I wish I discovered earlier when my hellwalker could still one-shot everything.
    Why do you have to do all 5 rounds in one go? One round gives me a headache. It should checkpoint at reach round completed. It reminds me of the old games in that barrels are just spammed everywhere and seem to be to the enemy's advantage, never yours, and all of the enemies that spawn are badasses and/or one level above you meaning ammo becomes an issue.

What Mayhem level are you playing at? Lower the level if you are finding it difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I haven't got to the whole 'Mayhem' business yet.

It's not the difficulty per se, it's the fact that you have to do it all in one sitting. It wouldn't be a problem if it was quick hence why if I had a hellwalker my level I could clear all rounds in the time it would take me to clear one round.
    After the second round I get bored and my eyes start to hurt, I have to leave. I need a rest from that constant onslaught but it insists you have to do all rounds at once. Aint nobody got time for that. :eek:

It's more for endgame to be honest, once you have proper levels of skills and legendaries built up. After that it doesn't take as long. I'd regularly do the whole 5 levels 2 or 3 times in one sitting for farming.

LillyLin wrote: »
    Borderlands 3 its game of year for me best of the best

You obviously have no played Ghost of Tsushima yet..without doubt GOTY.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,882 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You obviously have no played Ghost of Tsushima yet..without doubt GOTY.

I would be very very surprised if Cyberpunk does not win GOTY and if it's not it the winner it'll be Animal Crossing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

BL3 was out last year anyway, my monies on Cyberpunk, everything else so far has appeared to have shat the bed in some way. Unless cyberpunk is another all hype and no delivery, but i wouldnt expect it from CDPR..

How are the DLC's for BL3? great? decent? meh?

I played it and finished it on a few classes before any of them were released, but said to myself id do a fresh run after they're all released, still have the Siren class to play proper, so might jump back in, in the near future. :)

nix wrote: »
    BL3 was out last year anyway, my monies on Cyberpunk, everything else so far has appeared to have shat the bed in some way. Unless cyberpunk is another all hype and no delivery, but i wouldnt expect it from CDPR..

How are the DLC's for BL3? great? decent? meh?

I played it and finished it on a few classes before any of them were released, but said to myself id do a fresh run after they're all released, still have the Siren class to play proper, so might jump back in, in the near future. :)

I got the season pass and on the whole it was well worth it. The 1st 3 DLCs are all quite good and decent amount of hours playing, but the current DLC really is sub par.....very bad. So slow and very samey, one mini boss in particular is so frustratingly boring.

I ended up just trying to run past all the enemies to get it over with, which is never a good sign. Did not do any of that with the other DLCs.

I played it on Mayhem 10 with Moze, did not even bother doing it with my other 3 chars.

So for actual Borderlands news, new dlc and skiltrees all round coming and a free next gen upgrade for current gen owners as well as a new game mode. Better not just be ultra vault hunter or some other mayhem nonsense.

To be honest the wind is well and truly out my sails and this game. I never thought I'd say this but it needs to be a MMO or something for there to be a point to it. It has the same problem the last game had and thats end game, there is none. Whats the point of grinding for gear and getting current level stuff if all you are going to do with it is run the same content over and over to make the next run easier?#

The best content he had was the time limited stuff. ENjoyed those more than the DLC

Advertisement