Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

New mini-event for the next week.

Increased chances of getting legendaries (or grenades) from slot machines, and bosses in all Proving Grounds will now always drop something from their dedicated loot pool.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-04-02-borderlands-3-hotfixes-apr-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Penn wrote: »
    Think I read FL4k's pets were tiny too. Didn't notice anything different with Amara though.

They are was playing for a bit a while ago. Have every damn achievement except the stupid kill 4 rare spawns one.

They are was playing for a bit a while ago. Have every damn achievement except the stupid kill 4 rare spawns one.

You're going to need help for that , it's not working as intended. Someone on your friends list needs to be on at the same time as you and be actively killing them so you can pick up a bounty for them in the lodge. Killing them without a bounty won't count towards it.

You're going to need help for that , it's not working as intended. Someone on your friends list needs to be on at the same time as you and be actively killing them so you can pick up a bounty for them in the lodge. Killing them without a bounty won't count towards it.

It's the most stupid achievement.

On another topic decided to jump back into Borderlands TPS and keep getting an error. So I tried another Game Pass game and same error. Is there something up with Xbox live does anyone know?

I should be on later if you want to add me and I'll run through it and kill them so oyu can get the bounties on them.

• Advertisement

I should be on later if you want to add me and I'll run through it and kill them so oyu can get the bounties on them.

Thanks for the offer but it is putting you through a bit of trouble going through the four maps just to kill them. Someone might play the DLC on my friends list and then I can pick the bountys.

It's a 10-15 minute effort at worst.

Had a quick run through proving grounds there on M4 to see what I could get in terms of a bloodletter. +35% Shotgun damage , Health regen. Then In the slots on Sanctuary a Mirv-Tacular Hex (homing with 6 mirvs on first contact) with a 20% chance to spawn one while Iron bear takes damage. It literally rains nades :pac:

That mysterious pink icon from last week was for an arcade game which is now live. You can buy bonuses like +25% xp from combat for 1 hour etc. It's in Tanis' lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

That mysterious pink icon from last week was for an arcade game which is now live. You can buy bonuses like +25% xp from combat for 1 hour etc. It's in Tanis' lab.

More info
    https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-04-07-borderlands-science/

Details on Mayhem 2 and Cartels Event released

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-04-21-borderlands-3-mayhem-mode/
    There will be more than 25 all-new modifiers that can be applied to your game, each rated as Easy, Medium, Hard, or Very Hard. Easy modifiers are largely helpful, and include things like Big Kick Energy, which actually increases your weapons' damage but also increases their recoil and spread. There’s also Galaxy Brain, which dramatically increases the size of enemies' heads so that crit shots are easier to land.

Venture into Medium modifier territory and beyond, though, and things start to get more challenging. For example, the Medium modifier Floor is Lava "encourages" you to keep moving at all times by forming a pool of damage-dealing lava beneath your feet when you stand still, and the Hard modifier Drone Ranger spawns Healing Drones to accompany and assist enemies. We'll let you discover the rest of the modifiers—including all of the Very Hard ones—for yourselves.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-04-21-borderlands-3-revenge-of-the-cartels/

• Advertisement

Thanks for the ****ty shotgun GB ... unless they rolled back on the nerf that made the recoil crazy?

Left so many of these on the ground doing cistern of slaughter over the weekend for XP to unlock the last of the new guardian perks

They really are going all out in Borderlands 3 with free content. Afair you had to pay for any extra content in Borderlands 2. The headhunter packs spring to mind.

The problem with these events is tying to them to new gear and the level caps in the DLC. Good gear such as ghast call is made useless come the next paid update with a level cap increase

Your right that sniper rifle I got with the valentines day event was brilliant but it was lacking in the love, guns and tentacles DLC. In Mayhem 3 mode it wasn't as powerful due to the level increase.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I hated having to drop that gun, it was great.

Yay more SDU's still haven't cleared a lot of now under-leveled loot from my bank since the last cap increase so I can just keep hording.

And yet more buffs for Moze!!!

New loading bar with Clap trap at beginning of game. It is a really long loading screen and I still don't know why it is needed.

Mayhem mode is more difficult I'm finding and still haven't found the sweet spot yet. In previous I always went Mayhem 3 and found it to be just right. Small bit hard with some enemies an just the right amount of difficulty with others.

• Advertisement

Well this new event is pretty difficult on the Mayhem mode I'm on. May have to rethink this. As I said in last post Mayhem 3 was just the right amount of difficult for me anyway. I'm currently messing around with Mayhem 4 and 5 in new Mayhem modes but the fight with Joey is mad difficult.

I'm able to do it on M6 with a bit of farming for new guns. They are the only thing that scale. Shields and nades don't.

It's a mess though as you have no way to differentiate a M1 from a M10 gun other than by looking at it's damage.

Tip: Reroll the mods till they suit you. They stick until you reroll them again or change level.

It's buggy as hell though and I've had several hard and soft crashes on Xbox and weird audio slowdown during the boss fight on the cartels event. Even then I've had situations where the boss wouldn't drop his invulnerability after the lieutenants were killed.

@wotzgoingon I can mail you a M6 Anarchy shotgun if you want one.

Thanks for the offer but I'm okay.

I thought the game was more choppy even when I was collecting the 20 things in Pandora. I just put it down to having not played in a while.

Regarding the Mayhem mode I'm on I have barely touched the guardian ranks at end game. I'm not even half way down on the furthest one to the right and the other two are barely touched. Which may also be why I'm having more difficulty.

I only beat clap traps score on the new mini game and called it quits. But I'm not sure what you gain from playing them but just thought I would mention it.

From the arcade game you can earn points to buy a buff for more xp, damage etc. for 1 or 2 hours.

The rewards from the actual game are just cosmetics.

Had a quick go of the Cartel thing and Mayhem 2.0. Tried to go for Mayhem Lvl.6.

The amount of HP it gives enemies is just ridiculous to the point of being frustrating. The modifiers are fine for the most part, but 3000% health? And that's only Mayhem 6. I think Mayhem 10 goes to 12500%. After dying to the cartel boss twice, I said I'd drop down to Mayhem 5, and it threw me back to the start of the level (I thought it'd just reload from the last checkpoint).

I get that it's about finding loot in each Mayhem level to work your way up with stronger anointments but it's just really poorly balanced. Not to mention the whole Loot The World thing where you get specific loot pools in different areas is annoying too. I had to go to Ascension Bluff to get the coordinates for the Cartel thing, and out of maybe 12 legendaries that dropped, one was a shield, one was a pistol, and ten sniper rifles.

I expect a lot of rebalancing in the coming weeks.

Does anyone know where you can find out what loot types are dropping where?

I beat the first boss Joey yesterday at my first try even though I died three times the day before at Mayhem 5. I was looking up the stats of each guy you kill and seen kill Joey 5 times so i said I would go back to beat him again but couldn't get into him. The gate was locked. I called it quits then. Might go back later.

Penn wrote: »

Does anyone know where you can find out what loot types are dropping where?
    From reddit

* **Covenant Pass -** Nothing Found

* **The Droughts -** SMGs & Class Mods

* **Ascension Bluff -** Snipers

* **Devil's Razor -** ARs & Grenades

* **The Splinterlands -** Pistols

* **Carnivora -** ARs & Shields

* **Guts of Carnivora -** Rocket Launchers

* **Konrad's Hold -** SMGs

* **Sandblast Scar -** Nothing Found

* **Cathedral of the Twin Gods -** Shotguns & Artifacts

* **The Great Vault -** Nothing Found

* **Destroyer's Rift -** Nothing Found

* **The Slaughter Shaft -** Nothing Definitive

I beat the first boss Joey yesterday at my first try even though I died three times the day before at Mayhem 5. I was looking up the stats of each guy you kill and seen kill Joey 5 times so i said I would go back to beat him again but couldn't get into him. The gate was locked. I called it quits then. Might go back later.

You have to redo the collecting mission each time :(

Here have a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwqCJv7dCbo

I was using something similar but switched to the build and gear she uses and my god Moze is finally a wrecking machine !!!!! Sprint and you heal off tic damage ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wotan on M10 didn't stand a chance. The Yellowcake is handy enough to get and on my M10 run I did it with a M7 one.

Use what Eoin posted above to get the classmod and relic you need.

EDIT: Usually these videos make it look easier than it really is but this one really does the job, even without perfect stuff and just the Yellowcake this will work. Like I was farming Killavolt for the Monarch and swapped out the Old god for a transformer and he still died in 4 hits. The only thing that slows you down is his immune phase.

I can play through the main game areas on Mayhem 7 and haven't tried any higher level yet but if I get to the boss in the new event I die. It's more to do with there is just so many enemies around and then the lasers, in the heat of the battle it can be awkward to not hit them.

Mind you I just tried the boss a couple of times as I can see no good from them as it is all cosmetic stuff you get anyway. I still love that sniper rifle from the valentines event. Even though it is only a level 53 it can still be good in fade away with fl4k. I would love a level 57 Mayhem 10 version of it.

• Advertisement

The Yellowcake and O.P.Q system are must haves as far as I'm concerned until they get nerfed. With Moze you can exploit the alt fire on the OPQ (Atlas AR fires 1 drone and switches back to normal fire) with some for the road by hopping in and out of iron bear to proc it and have as many drones as you can shoot in 5 seconds :D

Even with only one/two drones it's one of the best AR's in the game now.

EDIT: I never actually noticed any lasers in the event boss????

Advertisement