Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Finished the Moxxi DLC a while ago. Very good DLC and cannot wait for the next one. There is suppose to be one of those invincible enemies in next DLC that were in previous games. I personally think that's a bad thing as I have all the achievements and it is guaranteed one of the achievements in the next DLC will be beating that guy. Them guys do be very tough.

The boss at the end of the Maliwan Takedown was one of the invincible bosses as far as I remember, Wotan the Invincible I think he was called?

Wonder will the next one be tied to a takedown as well, or whether they will just keep it as a self contained boss battle similar to previous games. I'm a fan of having them tied to a takedown. Loved how the Maliwan Takedown felt like a raid lite, with a great boss battle at the end to cap it off.

They mentioned on one of the streams that they favoured the takedown approach.

I don't mind either, but more reward I guess in the takedown with the mini bosses along the way. I've a few issues with the takedown finale. It needs a checkpoint at the boss I feel due to quitters not wanting to fight the second stretch again. If someone goes down it's very difficult to pick them up due to the amount of adds, the bombs and the size of the arena. Thats when you can get a team. For playing it solo I've the same issue. Slow ass Moze gets tagged by the bombs a bit and sometimes I can't be bothered to rerun the final section again

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

They mentioned on one of the streams that they favoured the takedown approach.

I don't mind either, but more reward I guess in the takedown with the mini bosses along the way. I've a few issues with the takedown finale. It needs a checkpoint at the boss I feel due to quitters not wanting to fight the second stretch again. If someone goes down it's very difficult to pick them up due to the amount of adds, the bombs and the size of the arena. Thats when you can get a team. For playing it solo I've the same issue. Slow ass Moze gets tagged by the bombs a bit and sometimes I can't be bothered to rerun the final section again

Yeah the checkpointing is horrendous throughout the whole thing if you ask me. Hope they sort that out with the next one.

Live stream today at 4pm with the new DLC, which is due this week.

https://www.twitch.tv/borderlands

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't know how anybody played this game with choosing F4lk. Currently playing through Borderlands the Pre Sequel and damn I miss my pet. He saved me so many times in this game. All you can do is just die if nobody is around you in FFYL.

Back on topic of this game does anybody know if they will be raising the level cap with this new DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,234 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't know how anybody played this game with choosing F4lk. Currently playing through Borderlands the Pre Sequel and damn I miss my pet. He saved me so many times in this game. All you can do is just die if nobody is around you in FFYL.

Back on topic of this game does anybody know if they will be raising the level cap with this new DLC?

Yep. Up to lvl57, enough to get two capstone skills
    https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-03-24-borderlands-show-cartels-mayhem-level-cap-increase/

They are still only raising it small amounts. They should have raised it to 60. But it's very easy to get to higher levels in this game compared to previous. I remember having to go through second playthroughs just to gain levels. And that was just to get to 50. I didn't even bother to try to get to 72 as it was such a chore to get to 50. Plus I had burnt myself out from playing the game so much I just left it.

They are still only raising it small amounts. They should have raised it to 60. But it's very easy to get to higher levels in this game compared to previous. I remember having to go through second playthroughs just to gain levels. And that was just to get to 50. I didn't even bother to try to get to 72 as it was such a chore to get to 50. Plus I had burnt myself out from playing the game so much I just left it.

I didn't bother with lvl53, but might start playing again with the dlc and increased loot for takedown.

Revenge of the Cartels sound very interesting. Going to be run over 6 weeks.

• Advertisement

Played last night for the first time in a while. Decided to do the Maliwan Takedown. Fell into a gap in the floor between platforms against the Valkyries. Turned off the game.

I'll give it a few more spins tonight. I'd only done the Takedown once before anyway so not overly familiar with it.

I'll say one thing though, the Shocking AAA pistol is still one of the best guns in the game. I nearly find it does better against armoured enemies than corrosive guns do, and still does pretty well against flesh.

Any major buffs to weapons I may have missed out on over the last while? What's the hard-hitters these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Do you have to have the DLC to do the Maliwan Takedown?

Yester wrote: »
    Do you have to have the DLC to do the Maliwan Takedown?

No, it was a free update. Should be a new mission in your mission list. If you select it it'll give you the map locations to access it (I think you need to go to Sanctuary first to access it).

Penn wrote: »
    No, it was a free update. Should be a new mission in your mission list. If you select it it'll give you the map locations to access it (I think you need to go to Sanctuary first to access it).

Cool. I'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

FFS this incremental increase in level is just stupid.

I for one won’t be spending days/weeks of my life grinding for guns just for them to up the level ever so slightly again.

Should have gone to 60 and left it there for a while.

FFS this incremental increase in level is just stupid.

I for one won’t be spending days/weeks of my life grinding for guns just for them to up the level ever so slightly again.

Should have gone to 60 and left it there for a while.

I agree. It's why I didn't bother when they released the first 3 levels. But with new DLC, new Takedown, new Mayhem modes and up to lvl57... I'm happy enough to jump back in for another while.

Played last night for the first time in a while. Decided to do the Maliwan Takedown. Fell into a gap in the floor between platforms against the Valkyries. Turned off the game.

I'll give it a few more spins tonight. I'd only done the Takedown once before anyway so not overly familiar with it.

I'll say one thing though, the Shocking AAA pistol is still one of the best guns in the game. I nearly find it does better against armoured enemies than corrosive guns do, and still does pretty well against flesh.

Any major buffs to weapons I may have missed out on over the last while? What's the hard-hitters these days?

The AAA has been in my off hand since the game came out. Only down side is the low capacity mag. It rips through shields and is so effective that usually I'd not bother switching to something else to finish the job. Used to even better in mayhem 3 I'd deliberately try and get the 25% chance to reflect bullets mod and run a transformer shield, which got recharged every time one was reflected back at you.

I think Dahl in general got buffed, or at least the AR's did. Breath of the Dying is great if you can get a high capacity one (I've a 37 round one). Very easy to farm from the blinding banshee and I almost exclusively used it in the last DLC.

Ion Laser is another one I've been using lately, wrecks stuff if you use the trick with the balls. When you stop firing it will release up to six of them depending on how long you held the trigger down so then what you do is release it the trigger but get back on when the balls fire and feather it so you can get it to do that 3 or 4 times in a row in quick succession. Corrosive is the one to get with whatever other element. Splash damage moze does well with it.

The AAA has been in my off hand since the game came out. Only down side is the low capacity mag. It rips through shields and is so effective that usually I'd not bother switching to something else to finish the job. Used to even better in mayhem 3 I'd deliberately try and get the 25% chance to reflect bullets mod and run a transformer shield, which got recharged every time one was reflected back at you.

I think Dahl in general got buffed, or at least the AR's did. Breath of the Dying is great if you can get a high capacity one (I've a 37 round one). Very easy to farm from the blinding banshee and I almost exclusively used it in the last DLC.

Ion Laser is another one I've been using lately, wrecks stuff if you use the trick with the balls. When you stop firing it will release up to six of them depending on how long you held the trigger down so then what you do is release it the trigger but get back on when the balls fire and feather it so you can get it to do that 3 or 4 times in a row in quick succession. Corrosive is the one to get with whatever other element. Splash damage moze does well with it.

I've a Cryo/Shock Ion laser which is pretty great. The cryo does great damage regardless of who it's hitting. I'll see what I have in the bank for the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I agree. It's why I didn't bother when they released the first 3 levels. But with new DLC, new Takedown, new Mayhem modes and up to lvl57... I'm happy enough to jump back in for another while.

Don’t get me wrong I played the first DLC and went up to 53 and I’ll tip in to play the new DLC and modes to go to 57 but won’t be grinding yet.

Shows how out of practice I am with the game. Tried Maliwan Takedown again last night, made it to Wotan. Was getting absolutely crushed. Thought that fight was a hell of a lot harder than the previous time I played it.

Suddenly dawned on me that I was on Mayhem 3, checked and I was saddled with some godawful modifiers. Didn't stand much of a chance.

I still do love the core gameplay of the game though. For all the things the game got wrong it got a hell of a lot right too. It did improve a lot from BL2 & TPS.

• Advertisement

Don’t get me wrong I played the first DLC and went up to 53 and I’ll tip in to play the new DLC and modes to go to 57 but won’t be grinding yet.

Oh yeah, definitely don't see myself really grinding for the foreseeable, at least until the last DLC and whatever level cap comes with it. At that point hopefully with next-gen release, I'll jump into TVHM and replay the game and DLCs from scratch on PS5.

I tried the Maliwan Takedown last night. Only made it as far as the Valkyrie Squad. It's good craic but I don't know if I will ever be able to beat it.

DLC is live, 3.8gb download.

EDIT: + a 6.6gb patch that I only got prompted with when launching the game.

I bought the new DLC but doubt I will be able to play it until tomorrow as I'm still downloading the 6.6GB patch and then I will have to move on to downloading the DLC.

I started downloading the patch a few hours ago.

Played the first bit of the DLC. Seems interesting anyway.

Oh my god, the first main boss is a pain in the hole. Without spoiling it expect lots of falling.

New guardian rank perks. One is useless, one is ok and one is really great. To spec into all 3 you will need to be guardian rank 300 !!!!

What is with the pink status icon on the bottom? Looks like Wotan and drains as you kill stuff and resets when you die or change area?

What is with the pink status icon on the bottom? Looks like Wotan and drains as you kill stuff and resets when you die or change area?

I was wondering about that myself. Some on Reddit are confused about it too. Seems to drain automatically over time but like you say, resets when you change area.

Most seem to say it's just the Takedown buff where you get more loot etc from beating Wotan. Not sure why though, or why it's there all the time and draining.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Did Iron Bear get a damage buff? Holy ****, was messing around and equipped twin mini guns and the tore through kilavolt. (farming a new transformer)

• Advertisement

QUICK QUICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the vending machines have legendary gear in them :eek:

EDIT and here was me panic buying like a fool :D

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1243588733061890048

Advertisement