Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I really need to go back to White Orchard and finish those markers and side quests. And more importantly practice my Gwent game and try win some cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Where did you get the Ciri card?

From the quest Gwent: Big City Players in Novigrad. I can't remember how I started but if there's an option to play Gwent with someone and it's coloured in yellow, that is part of a quest. Once you beat them, they will give you locations for other players in that quest. For me, that quest finished after beating 3 people in Novigrad, quest complete. Then I Reuve during the
    Dandelion
    quest in the
    Bath House
    and he had a yellow Gwent option. Once I beat him, he game me a location for a Scolatiel camp and beating a guy there gave me the Ciri card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I think I might actually be in love with Yennefer ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I kind of wish you could take a card of your choosing when you beat someone, Triple Triad (Final Fantasy 8) style. Beat a random merchant who had a killer deck yesterday, and really wanted the Roche hero card. Got a clear weather card instead :(

It might make things a bit too easy though.

From a dev on the official forum, makes the 'Collect all gwent cards' trophy sound much more achievable
    all - Don't remember who was asking about Gwent Collector Achievement but - little tip that i think wasn't explained in game - In order to obtain achievement you only need to collect cards that have unique name. So for ex. you only need 1xGhoul (even though there are couple of them in game), 1xDecoy, and so on. Leader Cards are exception to that rule - you need to have all 4 of them in each faction. I hope it helps %29.gif

Cards from White Orchard's Inkeep should be attainable from other merchant in White Orchard in today's patch for PC (it was too late for console patch but it will also be patched for consoles soon). If i am not mistaken - there are some "failsafes"/alternative ways to obtain cards in some quests but probably not in all of them. This achievement seems quite hard and therefore prestige one ;%29.gif Challenge accepted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Question about the history. I never played the first Witcher, as it was only on PC and i didn't have one at the time. I did pick it up a couple of years ago, but i don't have a set up for kb/m so never got round to playing it.

Anyway, i've just finished Triss' sidequests,
    and inevitably ended up getting it on and telling her I love her, which is grand, because i can remember her being a main part of the Witcher 2, so i said feck it, why not. Now, i've her sent back to Kaer Morhen (for an awkward conversation with Keira i'm sure), but why does the game seem to push me towards being with Yennifer? The whole story seems centered around her. What did i miss? And am i going to have to make some big decision near the end between Yen and Triss? I'll be picking Triss, but i'm afraid this will have some negative effect that the game forces because i didn't pick Yennifer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I think I might actually be in love with Yennefer ...

Ye, 'love'....sure :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Question about the history. I never played the first Witcher, as it was only on PC and i didn't have one at the time. I did pick it up a couple of years ago, but i don't have a set up for kb/m so never got round to playing it.

Anyway, i've just finished Triss' sidequests,
    and inevitably ended up getting it on and telling her I love her, which is grand, because i can remember her being a main part of the Witcher 2, so i said feck it, why not. Now, i've her sent back to Kaer Morhen (for an awkward conversation with Keira i'm sure), but why does the game seem to push me towards being with Yennifer? The whole story seems centered around her. What did i miss? And am i going to have to make some big decision near the end between Yen and Triss? I'll be picking Triss, but i'm afraid this will have some negative effect that the game forces because i didn't pick Yennifer!

Yennfer is his longtime bitch, triss is who he was banging whilst searching for Yennefer . yennfer alludes to this when they 1st meet in W3. I wont be having that akward moment with Kiera because I killed her.

Tbh he bangs everything.

I have played all 3 and there some mega plot holes in it but thats the jist of those 3 characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Once the prologue ends you can't go back to the area?

You can. Thought same myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is there only one Gwent opponent in White Orchard, the guy in the tavern?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is there only one Gwent opponent in White Orchard, the guy in the tavern?

I went back to the tavern and the women is gone, as she was disgusted with me for murdering soldiers in her place. There is no one in the tavern that will play cards with me. Am I missing something?

Is there a good guide about alchemy? Something that does bother me is when you're trying to gather ingredients or buy them, there isn't a quick access guide somewhere that tells you what you can make with them.

logik wrote: »
    I went back to the tavern and the women is gone, as she was disgusted with me for murdering soldiers in her place. There is no one in the tavern that will play cards with me. Am I missing something?

They have patched in the cards you missed from her. You can now buy them from the merchant in that area. Patch 1.04 fixes this, live now on pc, coming soon on consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

That blacksmith chick in the baron fortress is a pain to beat in gwent, some of her monster cards are OP as hell. Finally beat her on my 5th try

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Is there a good guide about alchemy? Something that does bother me is when you're trying to gather ingredients or buy them, there isn't a quick access guide somewhere that tells you what you can make with them.

Try this wikia, it has some info on alchemy but its not complete.
    http://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/The+Witcher+3+WikiAlso try the witcher reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/new/
    Or this site http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/guides-walkthroughs/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

neasyerac wrote: »
    That blacksmith chick in the baron fortress is a pain to beat in gwent, some of her monster cards are OP as hell. Finally beat her on my 5th try

Not when you play 6 heroes in your deck. Also, Scorch is broken against monsters.

On PS4 had no problem with the game but as soon as patch 1.3 came out I have had two crashes. Anyone else gotten gimped by the patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

neasyerac wrote: »

I find that playing strong opponents is more to do with luck than skill, you know how to beat them after one or two hands, but you need the cards to fall right for you as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

sheehy83 wrote: »
    They have patched in the cards you missed from her. You can now buy them from the merchant in that area. Patch 1.04 fixes this, live now on pc, coming soon on consoles.

Ok thanks, but is there not supposed to be an old man in the tavern to play against or is he in the patch aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

GodlessM wrote: »
    Not when you play 6 heroes in your deck. Also, Scorch is broken against monsters.

On PS4 had no problem with the game but as soon as patch 1.3 came out I have had two crashes. Anyone else gotten gimped by the patch?

I played her soon after I beat the baron so my deck was still pretty basic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I prefer to approach it the other way around.

Oils/Bombs - What works best against this monster? Do I have a formula for it? What ingredients am I missing? Find or buy. Other than that grab stuff from plants as much as possible.

Potions/Decoctions - will just check intermittently if I have a green on any of them and create. Can generally get along without them but have a few by now.

A lot of stuff is dependent on what monsters you have beaten as to whether you can create it so if I haven't got a bestiary entry for something then I probably haven't fought it or it was a higher level than me and I ran away and hence will be unlikely to have the ingredients for decoctions or mutagens related to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I don't understand the decoctions yet...
    Oils and potions I have the hang of though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Went out to get this yesterday but Argos was sold out, only the Navan branch have a couple copies.

Big diff in price too. Gamestop wanted €74.99 (I think) and Argos was €62.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

This game is one I have been waiting for for quite a while. What is wrecking my head is that fact that this is free with the 980. I don't want to drop 60 on this on steam when I am already thinking of upgrading the 770 I currently have...

The decoctions have sine brilliant power Looking at the descriptions. I haven't tried any yet but think I'll try an alchemy build on my next playthrough. All about signs and swords this one.

Some epic quests in Novigrad, feels like it's never ending but in a good way. anyone enter the high stakesgwent tourney yet? Dunno why its level 20 something as that shouldn't affect it?

I just won the tourney at the ball, wouldn't mind trying the high stakes one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

py2006 wrote: »
    Went out to get this yesterday but Argos was sold out, only the Navan branch have a couple copies.

Big diff in price too. Gamestop wanted €74.99 (I think) and Argos was €62.99

Smyths have it for €65 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Woah.. my steel sword is way OP at the moment.

Called Forgotten Vran Sword. Every time I hit someone I pretty much stun them and they are dead after about 2 blows. This is mostly due to the extra stats with it but also the runes I gave it.

Absolutely cruising through groups of bandits.

A decision I made a long time ago has really come into effect now. Feel quite bad about the whole thing :(

Something to do with the entire
    Crookback Bog
    quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

tok9 wrote: »
    A decision I made a long time ago has really come into effect now. Feel quite bad about the whole thing :(

Something to do with the entire
    Crookback Bog
    quest.

Yup. That's a bastard. Happy I researched that quest before deciding!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't know what that spoiler says, but i like that decisions seem to actually matter.

• Advertisement

The spoiler just gives the general quest line however if I remember it actually involves 2-3 quests.

As I said.. the decision was made a long time ago. What I really liked is at the conclusion it played a quick video with Geralt's thoughts over what he'd done. Really liked that.

On more positive news.. I beat Yoana in gwent! I had a few things up my sleeve. By the last 2-3 cards it was 144-18 to her. I got rid of the weather affecting my siege weapons and doubled up with my leader card which turned it to about 144- 56. And then I had frost to to nail the 13 cards (worth 120) in her front row. :)

Advertisement