Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What boardsies would you bring back?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I think that happens no matter who you are. If you close your account it is a GDPR requirement that all posts go too.

No, I can still see the post where he says he retired at 54 and where he “doubles down” on his claim.

Was his original, conflicting, post linked into the thread?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,483 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

No, I can still see the post where he says he retired at 54 and where he “doubles down” on his claim.

Was his original, conflicting, post linked into the thread?

Yes, by another poster, then it mysteriously disappeared into the night with Srameen.

It's the vanishing posts that piqued such interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I’m often accused of lying about my own age (I will be sixty in a few months). No wonder with bull****ters like this around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I’m often accused of lying about my own age (I will be sixty in a few months). No wonder with bull****ters like this around.

Sounds more like something a 58 year old would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

You don't look a day over 40, Woke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Yes, by another poster, then it mysteriously disappeared into the night with Srameen.

Yep, that particular one went like a fart in a fog.
    On his issues with Mr F, well I have had to put him on ignore and my boards experience is quite a bit more peaceful now that I only see replies to him.

There's innocence, there's naivety and then there's sometimes wanton reckless idiocy and I deal with that enough IRL :pac:

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Oh no, I didn't miss it; that's why it's fun to say it!

Wrong!

Ok ok I hold my hands up and admit to my wrongness.

These are tumultuous times we live in and now with this strange turn of events tempers will run high. Let us keep our heads.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Oranage2 wrote:
    About 4 years difference, doubt he rage quit over that, could have easily said itwas an easy mistake, I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast.

No he was out by 14 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

If we can take any solace at all from this tragedy it’s that Berties_Horse will now be guaranteed to be the first reply on every thread bemoaning the quality of the thread.

Woke Hogan wrote:
    Is that the man who said he knew Patrick Kavanagh as well?

:pac: the list gets longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Is there any of us doing a day's work here at all?!

To thine own self be true

If we can take any solace at all from this tragedy it’s that Berties_Horse will now be guaranteed to be the first reply on every thread bemoaning the quality of the thread.

I like Bertie and he is still with us thankfully.

Nope, like I said in the thread that outed Srameen....
    I actually am a 40y.o retiree :P

I am on the bus into college for a lecture in Criminal procedure tho ;)

I'm preparing to take the yacht to Monaco actually, a storm is of no concern to such an accomplished sailor as I.

:pac:

These are tumultuous times we live in and now with this strange turn of events tempers will run high. Let us keep our heads.

:pac: I must say I'm getting great craic out of this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

That doesn’t sound right. Does pulling up an old post contravene any “rules” of the site?

Has an explanation as to why these post were removed been forthcoming?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

banie01 wrote: »
    Yep, that particular one went like a fart in a fog.
    On his issues with Mr F, well I have had to put him on ignore and my boards experience is quite a bit more peaceful now that I only see replies to him.

There's innocence, there's naivety and then there's sometimes wanton reckless idiocy and I deal with that enough IRL :pac:

To be fair to Srameen, he tried his best to help that poster, a lot of us did.

Srameen was a decent poster, very level headed. Boards has lost a good one there.

Ghosteen wrote: »
    :pac: I must say I'm getting great craic out of this

Me too and look how it brings us all together! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

He told me he knew Moses.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    To be fair to Srameen, he tried his best to help that poster.

How? Genuine question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I like Bertie and he is still with us thankfully.

You're some lickarse!

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    To be fair to Srameen, he tried his best to help that poster, a lot of us did.

Srameen was a decent poster, very level headed. Boards has lost a good one there.

As I said on the thread that seems to have been the trigger for the exit...

Srameen is(was) one of my fav posters.
    Much the same as yourself, I always found him quite level headed, good with advice and very knowledgeable on a wide range of topics.
    Got to appreciate a broad base of knowledge, as my own grandfather always said "A man of letters".

That's how Srameen struck me, and whatever else can be said about the story adding up.
    That's how I'd like to think of him.

As to the poster many have tried to help...
    I've had posts directed at him and I think 1 other regular deleted, and rightly so because I rage posted at them.
    I put him on ignore, it helps ;) a

How? Genuine question?

In fairness from his original musings on the dangers of ethanol, his potential sectioning, his benzo addiction and stolen prescription pad...

Many, many posters here have tried to offer constructive advice to that poster to see it descend into a morass of shít posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

I can make about 4 hours of actual work, resemble a full day of work. Does that count? (It takes skill) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Well, you've put years on me, listening to your sh1te all the time.

Omackeral wrote: »
    That is so ultra high net worth, very Permabearian.

I prefer to be held in the same high esteem as LaptopGremlin actually.

I'd kindly ask you to remember that, wankpheasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

How? Genuine question?

In earlier posts he answered questions as to what he could do to get a job, cvs etc, study, there were many encouraging posts. But that poster wouldn’t take advice from anyone, instead decided to post about how life was sh1t even though he was too lazy to get off his arse.
    In the end I could see a lot of frustration alright with the idiotic posts from the self-castrating bleach-drinking poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Well, you've put years on me, listening to your sh1te all the time.

I wouldn’t mind taking a few more years of ya, you scut.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I prefer to be held in the same high esteem as LaptopGremlin actually.

I'd kindly ask you to remember that, wankpheasant.

He's a cock-wombling cuntnugget and so are you... so you got it!

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    You're some lickarse!

Why? For being open with who I like?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement