Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What boardsies would you bring back?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I liked Degsy although he's gone a long while. Also Ruu who used to moderate the All Things Retro forum.
    Krudler is another one, he started the "Dental Plan" Simpsons quotes thread that lasted a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Bluewolf still posts here under the name Earthhorse, there is also a Bluewolf account but I don't know who's behind it.

Probably Bluewolf.

Bluewolf is her own poster ffs, here since 2003 ha ha. Very active.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I'd bring back Bubbles.

Or she-who-cannot-be-named. Simply cos that might be mildly amusing.

In fact, bring them both back, and have some kind of Thunderdome event. By money is on the Tribes player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Well who's Earthhorse then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

This will only derail the thread. I made that bit up. Earthhorse is Eathhorse, Bluewolf is Bluewolf, Quantum Erasure is Quantum Erasure, and I, Guy Person am Kiki La Rue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Guy Person wrote: »
    This will only derail the thread. I made that bit up. Earthhorse is Eathhorse, Bluewolf is Bluewolf, Quantum Erasure is Quantum Erasure, and I, Guy Person am Kiki La Rue.

I'm Spartacus, as it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Guy Person wrote: »

Wait...wait.

If you are Kiki La Rue, who dafuq am I?

*Checks pants*

Wait, these arent my pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

You all Everybody, you all everybody...

Jaden wrote: »
    I'd bring back Bubbles.

Or she-who-cannot-be-named. Simply cos that might be mildly amusing.

In fact, bring them both back, and have some kind of Thunderdome event. By money is on the Tribes player.

Who is she-who-cannot-be-named?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Who is she-who-cannot-be-named?

Clearly, they cannot be named. It used to be a banning offense to even type their username.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I doubt it is narcissistic at at all. Over the course of my 10,000 or so posts I am fairly sure that it would be possible to piece together (at least roughly) who I am, what I do, where I live, what sports I like, what TV shows I watch. There was even a photo of me somewhere at one point.
    It is hard to be part of a social forum or a community without providing some basic details about who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Wait...wait.

If you are Kiki La Rue, who dafuq am I?

*Checks pants*

Wait, these arent my pants.

I’m deeply flattered you all want to be me ;)

Jaden wrote: »
    Clearly, they cannot be named. It used to be a banning offense to even type their username.

How very cryptic and cloak and dagger.

*checks name in address bar*

Yes this is just a forum on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I doubt it is narcissistic at at all. Over the course of my 10,000 or so posts I am fairly sure that it would be possible to piece together (at least roughly) who I am, what I do, where I live, what sports I like, what TV shows I watch. There was even a photo of me somewhere at one point.
    It is hard to be part of a social forum or a community without providing some basic details about who you are.

But how would any of that become a problem for you, if someone decided to piece it all together?

I don't really get it... ? Unless someone is admitting to being into some strange quirky stuff, and then their identity is revealed... other than that? What's the issue exactly?

Like if you were into bondage sessions wearing a hazmat suit, or you dressed up as a lifesize garden gnome and hid in people's back garden at night... stuff like that! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I think LegsElevan became The Bearded Lady. If it's the right person I'm thinking of I think she was a teacher. I think that account is gone too now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Noddin- After hours used to be Noddin centric. Most threads, it was just wait for Noddin and the regular 'adversaries of Noddin' A few wise people would scramble to post early in threads to get their serious in.
    Great. I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I think LegsElevan became The Bearded Lady .

Ah, that's just letting yourself go:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Srameen

(Yes he’s actually gone)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,276 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Srameen

(Yes he’s actually gone)

wha? since when?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Srameen

(Yes he’s actually gone)

That was strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That was strange.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Curiouser and curiouser.

He may have been thinking about it for a while and then thought "fùck it I'm outta here".

Or. Well the alternative is too dreadful to contemplate!!

*fans face*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’ll be ate but- another complete and utter Walter Mitty if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Another complete and utter Walter Mitty if you ask me.

I'll ask Sir David Attenborough if you don't mind!

Another complete and utter Walter Mitty if you ask me.

I am rubbish at picking those out. The detail that's required to construct a whole life online and have it go on for years, inventing a family, interests, background, I don't know.

Are we more likely to assume a person is a Walter Mitty if they seem to have a pretty good life?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

That’s a bit of a leap. Seemed genuine enough to me. I liked how he was so matter of fact and that riled up posters who like a bit of conspiracy & drama. Hopefully he’ll be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,099 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Are we more likely to assume a person is a Walter Mitty if they seem to have a pretty good life?

People will know I'm the real deal so :D

To thine own self be true

People will know I'm the real deal so :D

Meet your sister :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

I’ll be ate but- another complete and utter Walter Mitty if you ask me.
    That I don't know but god could he be humorless and unjustifiably snarky. Found it bizarre that a man who is older than my father would launch into attack mode every time Mr Fegelian, a kid, started a maybe inane but harmless thread. And I've never seen Mr F get snarky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement