Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What boardsies would you bring back?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Always thought he was full of it. BS and snark that is. Maybe I'm wrong though and he really did know all those people he said he knew. Unlikely as it is.

Anyway, he's not f*cking dead. He got caught in a lie and rage quit Boards, he'll survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

The love in for him has begun over on another thread so if he is reading he can be reassured that he has his fans.

But if it was all a load of sh!te they're just missing a made up character. I wouldn't mind someone setting up an account just for a wee piss take and giggles but to build a character that's supposed to be taken seriously and have all these details and to keep it going for so long is very odd.....also how was the Scooby Doo reveal post deleted so quickly before he closed his account... think on that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He was no Permabear.

Ghosteen wrote: »
    But if it was all a load of sh!te they're just missing a made up character. I wouldn't mind someone setting up an account just for a wee piss take and giggles but to build a character that's supposed to be taken seriously and have all these details and to keep it going for so long is very odd.....also how was the Scooby Doo reveal post deleted so quickly before he closed his account... think on that :D

:D

I don't think he was a lie but I'm not "shocked" "devastated" or whatever else that he's gone. He reported more posts than almost anyone. He had a constant bee in his bonnet about Mr Fegelian and to use the word of another poster, was humourless and of course the smugness of being a wealthy old man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

I don't think he was a lie but I'm not "shocked" "devastated" or whatever else that he's gone. He reported more posts than almost anyone. He had a constant bee in his bonnet about Mr Fegelian and to use the word of another poster, was humourless and of course the smugness of being a wealthy old man.

But if he was spoofing that he retired 22 years ago and there's a post from 2012 saying he was about to retire why would you believe the rest? I'm thinking now it was a grade A space cadet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

If he was an act of imagination he didn't have a very active imagination. Never suspected he was spoofing tbh. The only unusual thing he mentioned was knowing David Attenborough which is hardly beyond the realms of believability.

If he was a spoofer, he was harmless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

He was a source of great amusement to wind-up merchants I’d imagine.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    If he was an act of imagination he didn't have a very active imagination. Never suspected he was spoofing tbh. The only unusual thing he mentioned was knowing David Attenborough which is hardly beyond the realms of believability.

If he was a spoofer, he was harmless.

Andrea Corr was another one he knew, from a recent thread. There were lots more but I just can't bring myself to keep stuff like that in my memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

About 4 years difference, doubt he rage quit over that, could have easily said itwas an easy mistake, I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast.

Though all in all good fun, can't believe some people that their boardsie persona so seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Andrea Corr was another one he knew, from a recent thread. There were lots more but I just can't bring myself to keep stuff like that in my memory.

Maybe he was actually the man himself Jim Corr. I bet Jim is lurking on Boards, creeping on anti-vaxx threads.

• Advertisement

Again, if he worked in media that might not be so unbelievable, unless he was saying he was best mates with them all.

But obviously, I'm not as up to date on my Srameen-facts as dedicated fans like yourself!

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Again, if he worked in media that might not be so unbelievable, unless he was saying he was best mates with them all.

But obviously, I'm not as up to date on my Srameen-facts as dedicated fans like yourself!

They would be more Srameen-"facts" and I'm no fan, in case you missed it. He was hard to miss, given he spent 23 hours a day on here. I have no strong feelings either way but he was a cranky spoofer so no huge loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Is that the man who said he knew Patrick Kavanagh as well?

The very same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

He could have had 2 jobs, his plans may have changed, God only knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Raconteuse wrote: »
    That I don't know but god could he be humorless and unjustifiably snarky. Found it bizarre that a man who is older than my father would launch into attack mode every time Mr Fegelian, a kid, started a maybe inane but harmless thread. And I've never seen Mr F get snarky.

Did you know he had a full pension. Paid up diligently and early, no less?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,505 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Oranage2 wrote: »
    About 4 years difference, doubt he rage quit over that, could have easily said itwas an easy mistake, I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast.

Though all in all good fun, can't believe some people that their boardsie persona so seriously

He claimed to have retired 22 years ago, but in a post from 2012 said he was about to retire.

That's 14 years difference by my maths. When this was pointed out he closed his account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

He claimed to have retired 22 years ago, but in a post from 2012 said he was about to retire.

That's 14 years difference by my maths. When this was pointed out he closed his account.

Weird that all the posts were “deleted” so fast. Very strange.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭gifted

TBF to the man.....he's gone folks....let's not get into the oul tarnish his name when he's not around to defend himself

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

He could have had 2 jobs, his plans may have changed, God only knows.

I retired from a HSE job at 55 . I couldnt access that pension until 60 ,so I worked agency until I was 61 or so .I know technically I wasnt retired at 55 but its a way of saying it I guess .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,505 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

gifted wrote: »
    TBF to the man.....he's gone folks....let's not get into the oul tarnish his name when he's not around to defend himself

It's just normal curiousity, he had the chance to stick around and explain the discrepancy, but quickly closed his account instead.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Just curious, how do you know that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Srameen has closed their account. This news displeases me.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

I was able to read his mind.

Weird that all the posts were “deleted” so fast. Very strange.

I think that happens no matter who you are. If you close your account it is a GDPR requirement that all posts go too.

I was able to read his mind.

Women seem to have that power ;)

Wait, are you Srameen? Are we all a little Srameen?

I've been Inceptioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I think that happens no matter who you are. If you close your account it is a GDPR requirement that all posts go too.

Think they're still there, just harder to find them from your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Pillow talk :D

To thine own self be true

They would be more Srameen-"facts" and I'm no fan, in case you missed it. He was hard to miss, given he spent 23 hours a day on here. I have no strong feelings either way but he was a cranky spoofer so no huge loss.

Oh no, I didn't miss it; that's why it's fun to say it!

Wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Pillow talk :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement