Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What boardsies would you bring back?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Aww, I miss Frances Scruffy Taster already.

He was great for identifying plants in the gardening forum. He really knows his stuff.

Come on Frances Scruffy Taster - re-reg ffs!

Frances Scruffy Taster knew the game was up.

He felt the heat, he did what had to be done! I tip my hat to the man... :)

This is how I now choose to see Frances Scruffy Taster:

2fb9f0003e3acb3f04d5e4e8db7090f9.gif

That lad still posts though, unless he’s quit too. Seems to be “styling” himself as a sort of Irish Jordan Peterson for the incel types, albeit a poor imitation.

The reincarnation is almost as pedantic as his predecessor, I yearn for another tutorial on how becoming a libertarian enables one absolute freedom from meddling society. I suspect the original Permabear is now a wilderness expert in a buckled tent near Belmullet, subsisting on badgers and other roadkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

There will be a National day of boardsie mourning when Wibbs closes his account

Too true R:E

Aww, I miss Srameen already.

He was great for identifying plants in the gardening forum.

You keep that type of madness and debauchery in the gardening forum thank you very much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Omackeral wrote: »

Off topic but anything dramatic going down in the gangster thread Mack the hack?

Beasty gave me 7 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The reincarnation is almost as pedantic as his predecessor, I yearn for another tutorial on how becoming a libertarian enables one absolute freedom from meddling society. I suspect the original Permabear is now a wilderness expert in a buckled tent near Belmullet, subsisting on badgers and other roadkill.

Is the new PB not the same poster as the old PB?

Off topic but anything dramatic going down in the gangster thread Mack the hack?

Beasty gave me 7 days

No but PM me and I'll give you a nice bit of insider info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

He was great for identifying plants in the gardening forum. He really knows his stuff.

Come on Srameen - re-reg ffs!

What happened to srameen?
    Wasn’t he up on 23000 posts

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I wouldn’t be too sure, O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Wouldn’t you love to close your account just to read all the bitching in here. Then rereg and be like

giphy.gif

Shortly after I closed one of my accounts, a thread all about me popped up on 'another site', the name of which I shall not mention the name of which. Among all the usual stuff about me being a 'mentally ill cuck' (yeah, and?), an anonymous person (whomst I immediately recognised by his posting style) was going on about how delighted he was that I was gone. So I re-registered there and then. Didn't even want to return, but fuck that.

Needless to say, I had the last laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You keep that type of madness and debauchery in the gardening forum thank you very much.

Pampas grass everywhere.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I think you’re on to something. He liked scolding didnt he? He also liked fields. Scho-field.
    Wow this is just so obvious now how did we never see it before

His favourite character in Prison Break was Michael.

I liked Srameen. Seemed like a genuine nice fella

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Is there any of us doing a day's work here at all?!

No. Everyone downed tools with the untimely disappearance of Srameen

Come on Srameen - re-reg ffs!

Can't see Srameen mounting a comeback, compared to others who hover over the laptop all day. I'm not sentimental by nature, but he leaves a void behind him. Sure he ruffled a few feathers, but such is the price of having the courage of his convictions unlike shape-shifting politicians. However he came unstuck, there was a repository of knowledge there that few other posters on this site could boast. And his observations on the natural world were without peer. Farewell old stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Lads with cushy public sector jobs using boards to act the bollox and wind people up for their own cheap amusement I’d imagine. Waste of time.

Gas c*nt Johnny!

Ahh but he went to antarctica and other places most f us could only dream of. And he was living his retirement days in a posheen house in Dublin. Maybe he decided he had enough of the laptop and took on a new project

Thought he said his house was in Louth?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Ush1 wrote: »
    Thought he said his house was in Louth?

Dublins' front garden sure not much of a muchness there

Dublins' front garden sure not much of a muchness there

Post I quoted of yours isn't there anymore?

Is there something going on with boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

However he came unstuck, there was a repository of knowledge there that few other posters on this site could boast. And his observations on the natural world were without peer. Farewell old stock.

Easy enough to suffer the odd chronological inexactitude. Especially when you're whatever age he was... 75... 85... 35... I mean, who knows...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ush1 wrote: »
    Post I quoted of yours isn't there anymore?

Is there something going on with boards?

Did you “link” to a previous post?

We’re still waiting on clarification on whether that’s allowed or not after the one that, appears, to have “caught out” Snareem was, promptly, deleted.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Did you “link” to a previous post?

We’re still waiting on clarification on whether that’s allowed or not after the one that, appears, to have “caught out” Snareem was, promptly, deleted.

No I quoted it. Like I "said".

Scareen more like.

Give the lad a break FFS. It's an online forum. This is not real life.

Why wasn't he getting this abuse while he was online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Feel like a bit of a moron here but why the fliuch are we brutally castigating a person because of an apparent discrepancy in dates and years? Who the flupping flup gives a sh1t about such things? Are we supposed to leave our PPS number in our signature? Personally I fudge the occasional fact like x number of children instead of y, or this county not that one, because the whole thing is this is not a public show. Having been relentlessly stalked for the past 3 years online by a nasty someone I do not know nor never met, I will throw the odd falsehood to break a scent trail, or re reg. I honestly find the reaction to some ****e about retirement year to be horribly weird.

It's amusing that someone invents, at least some aspects of their life, in order to post anonymously to impress strangers, and then runs off when found out.

You'd probably find half the posters in here talk ballix about their lives at one stage or another

I thought he was a decent skin and that's my two pennies worth

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Gynoid, it's the disappearance of the post that makes it so odd. Like you said, it's anonymous, so why was the post deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You'd probably find half the posters in here talk ballix about their lives at one stage or another

I thought he was a decent skin and that's my two pennies worth

So why run off then?

So why run off then?

Who cares? I'm sure he'll live his life in the real world as normal

Gynoid wrote: »
    Feel like a bit of a moron here but why the fliuch are we brutally castigating a person because of an apparent discrepancy in dates and years? Who the flupping flup gives a sh1t about such things? Are we supposed to leave our PPS number in our signature? Personally I fudge the occasional fact like x number of children instead of y, or this county not that one, because the whole thing is this is not a public show. Having been relentlessly stalked for the past 3 years online by a nasty someone I do not know nor never met, I will throw the odd falsehood to break a scent trail, or re reg. I honestly find the reaction to some ****e about retirement year to be horribly weird.

Why bother divulging information at all if it's a lie?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think a lot of people, myself included, smelled a rat long before the retirement post. Anyway whatever he is I hope he’s okay. If he was full of shlte it doesn’t make him a bad person. Just bored. But then I guess you have to fill those 22 retired years with something :pac:
    I hope he’s reading this thread and having a chuckle, while Mrs S brews him some coffee and has some scones baking in the oven.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement