Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun attack at Christmas market, Strasbourg.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

So, none.

No the religion of greed and western arrogance as previously stated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Dannyriver wrote: »

So, none? Since there is no such “religion”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭malinheader

So why would anyone want to come to countries which are this. Should they not stay where they are?

So why would anyone want to come to countries which are this. Should they not stay where they are?

I suppose the same reason we Irish were a nation of immigrants before we joined the EU which raised our standard of living considerably ...mind you during the crash we reverted to being an immigrant nation again. But you knew that already didn't you?

So, none? Since there is no such “religion”

You might want to google the various definitions of religion there for a fuller understanding of the word.

• Advertisement

I suppose the same reason we Irish were a nation of immigrants before we joined the EU which raised our standard of living considerably ...mind you during the crash we reverted to being an immigrant nation again. But you knew that already didn't you?

I left to work in another country myself. Didn't expect any changes to the way the country operated to accommodate me,paid taxes into the country, never expected to be housed or sheltered unless paid for by me. Understood I would be entitled to no welfare and didn't make a fuss when someone called me paddy in a joking way. As did most i knew. Do you see any differences here.

I left to work in another country myself. Didn't expect any changes to the way the country operated to accommodate me,paid taxes into the country, never expected to be housed or sheltered unless paid for by me. Understood I would be entitled to no welfare and didn't make a fuss when someone called me paddy in a joking way. As did most i knew. Do you see any differences here.

Jaysus you re a great fella altogether. Differences to what?

Jaysus you re a great fella altogether. Differences to what?

Thanks. But thats just the way it was when I was an immigrant as you said.

Differences to what. I think you know that already. As you said.

Thanks. But thats just the way it was when I was an immigrant as you said.

Differences to what. I think you know that already. As you said.

I don t actually. Immigration is a complex issue. There are so many aspects to it so that 'do you see the difference' could refer to numerous aspects of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

What % are people happy with having the muslim population at? Or are ye all carefree enough to have no threshold?

Over in Belgium there is enough to have started political parties, with aims for an islamic state, and they have election success. They literally sound like ISIS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Belgium#Islam_party

This is where is occurs:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sint-Jans-Molenbeek#Demographics

So thats probably a limit any sane person would want right?

What about future birth rates? England & Wales has it at 5% - from the 2011 census.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_England

So gonna pretty much double in a generation and as the older cohort dies off the % will increase.
    And as much as I enjoy watching the Brexit spectacle and the UK potentially break itself up it is just a bit too close to Ireland for comfort. Whatever happens Ireland will likely have open borders with either the UK or the EU and possibly continue to be open to both.

So someone please provide me with a good case in favour of what seems to be utter madness?

Racist bull****, my brother lives in Brussels and he told me he has a lesbian friend living in Molenbeek* with her partner .. so it's all bull****, they are very tolerant and progressive there.

Maybe 5-10 KM from Molenbeek, but come on, Clontarf is closer to Darndale and they are pretty much the same neighbourhood right ??

By the way, this mentally ill deluded fool of a brother says all this with a straight face....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Racist bull****, my brother lives in Brussels and he told me he has a lesbian friend living in Molenbeek* with her partner .. so it's all bull****, they are very tolerant and progressive there.

Maybe 5-10 KM from Molenbeek, but come on, Clontarf is closer to Darndale and they are pretty much the same neighbourhood right ??

By the way, this mentally ill deluded fool of a brother says all this with a straight face....

Lol, You had me at the start.

Molenbeek is Brussels future.

An incredibly violent ****hole

Danzy wrote: »
    It is mad, we all agree today that 1950s Catholism was horrendous here.

However, for the modern Left, a faith that is multiples more regressive, at its best, that is often dark ages savagery, is off limits for protest or critique.

They'll happily wear an anti Nazi badge and sit on a platform with people who advocate the extermination of all Jews, killing gays, wife beating.

Off topic but the modern Left has gone nuts, bat shi7 crazy.
    The same ****ers who scream "Islamophobia" usually set themselves up as feminists as well. There's women in England who think it's a mostly muslim country because they're kept so segregated. Then there's the honour killings. And the raping of 10s of thousands (at least) young girls for being white. Then there's the use of Sharia courts for the likes of divorce apparently with the womens' own "free will" used as an excuse. And the 100s of thousands who've had their genitals mutilated.

But hey, better just nod and smile or you're racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

5th person has passed away from his injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

5th person has passed away from his injuries.

He is said to have stopped the attacker entering a crowded club. Very brave man.
    A Polish man who was critically wounded during a terror attack at a Christmas market in the French city of Strasbourg died from his injuries on Sunday. Barto Orent-Niedzielski was the fifth fatality from last week's mass shooting.

"My brother Barto Pedro Orent-Niedzielski has just passed away. He thanks you for the love and strength you have given him," the brother of the 36-year-old Polish-born victim wrote on Facebook.

Orent-Niedzielski and his Italian friend Antonio Megalizzi had blocked the attacker from entering a concert venue during Tuesday's assault. When they saw the attacker, they reportedly rushed to stop him.

True hero.could of been a whole lot more killed only for him. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Zorya wrote: »
    He is said to have stopped the attacker entering a crowded club. Very brave man.
    A Polish man who was critically wounded during a terror attack at a Christmas market in the French city of Strasbourg died from his injuries on Sunday. Barto Orent-Niedzielski was the fifth fatality from last week's mass shooting.

"My brother Barto Pedro Orent-Niedzielski has just passed away. He thanks you for the love and strength you have given him," the brother of the 36-year-old Polish-born victim wrote on Facebook.

Orent-Niedzielski and his Italian friend Antonio Megalizzi had blocked the attacker from entering a concert venue during Tuesday's assault. When they saw the attacker, they reportedly rushed to stop him.

You see this is what most of us sensible people would call wanted and valuable immigrants.

Not the type of shytes that want all the most barbaric backwards shyte from home, the same home they couldn't wait to leave behind, somehow recreated in their new Western countries.

jmayo wrote: »
    You see this is what most of us sensible people would call wanted and valuable immigrants.

Not the type of shytes that want all the most barbaric backwards shyte from home, the same home they couldn't wait to leave behind, somehow recreated in their new Western countries.

How to you decide which is which at the border?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

How to you decide which is which at the border?

Non EU and no visa ? Immediate goodbye.
    No proof of identity ? Immediate goodbye.
    Young single male on own and above ? Immediate goodbye.

That would be a hell of a start at weeding out thousands that turn up unannounced and from God knows where.

The rest go into detention until background checked.
    Background check not possible goodbye.
    Better be safe than sorry.

If they are found in the country to have entered illegally they are detained until repatriation possible.
    No wandering around the streets of say Dundalk.:mad:

Anyone allowed entry and found to have committed a criminal offense, after sentence served immediate repatriation and that even goes for fookers that may be tortured, killed, whatever.
    Be greatful that you were taken in and don't act the maggot.

Actually at this stage I would consider not taking in muslim immigrants from non EU.
    We don't need to start building the Molenbeeks, Lutons, Bradfords, Sevrans of the future.
    Call me racist or whatever, but don't tell me mass muslim immigration has been a long term positive for any country that has experienced it.
    Or are you going to deny problems in France, Netherlands, Belgium, UK and laterally Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Austria.

It is not that hard, but bleeding heart liberals like yourself are too quick to give the benefit of the doubt.

Do you allow anyone that turns up at your home to come straight in ?

Or are you going to do a presidential debate and claim otherwise just to look "right on and cool".

jmayo wrote: »
    Non EU and no visa ? Immediate goodbye.
    No proof of identity ? Immediate goodbye.
    Young single male on own and above ? Immediate goodbye.

That would be a hell of a start at weeding out thousands that turn up unannounced and from God knows where.

The rest go into detention until background checked.
    If they are found to have entered illegally they are detained until repatriation possible.
    No wandering around the streets of say Dundalk.:mad:

It is not that hard, but bleeding heart liberals like yourself are too quick to give the benefit of the doubt.

Do you allow anyone that turns up at your home to come straight in ?

So how do you decide who is heroic and who is murderous?

So how do you decide who is heroic and who is murderous?

Hey. That's not our job. That's the job of all the so called brainy and wise people telling us it's ok, perfectly safe,everyone's checked muliticultraism and diversity are great. See if any of them can answer this.

• Advertisement

Hey. That's not our job. That's the job of all the so called brainy and wise people telling us it's ok, perfectly safe,everyone's checked muliticultraism and diversity are great. See if any of them can answer this.

Why? Jmayo is the one saying we should try get immigrants that are brave and heroic over ones that are murderous. I don't think he'd fall in your category though. It's a great idea but if those are the traits you think potential immigrants should be judged on, how do you test them?

Why? Jmayo is the one saying we should try get immigrants that are brave and heroic over ones that are murderous. I don't think he'd fall in your category though. It's a great idea but if those are the traits you think potential immigrants should be judged on, how do you test them?

That's my point. How do you test them.So how do we know who we are letting in. Does anyone have an answer. So do we just keep on doing what were doing and suffer the consequences.

At the very least have ones that are culturally similar or from cultures that assimilate.

End the idea of Multiculturalism. The culture you left at home, needs to mostly be left at home.

Limit numbers so integration is possible. Not the Neoliberal free for all of the last 30 years.

That's my point. How do you test them.So how do we know who we are letting in. Does anyone have an answer. So do we just keep on doing what were doing and suffer the consequences.

I don't believe there is a way to test a persons character at point of entry. You can look for criminal records, military intelligence or even social media but you will always be taking a chance. I think a good start in reducing risk would be to properly resource the enforcement of existing laws more stringently. Bring back the local immigration Garda offices and let them do their job. Replace the law on demanding ID that was deemed unconstitutional about 8 years ago.

At the very least have ones that are culturally similar or from cultures that assimilate.

End the idea of Multiculturalism. The culture you left at home, needs to mostly be left at home.

Limit numbers so integration is possible. Not the Neoliberal free for all of the last 30 years.

In a practical sense though, how do you determine a persons culture at point of entry to the state?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I don't believe there is a way to test a persons character at point of entry.

Just going to point out that very many terrorist attacks (including the one this thread is about) are carried out by second generation immigrants [i.e. technically not immigrants at all].

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Cordell

In a practical sense though, how do you determine a persons culture at point of entry to the state?

Serve them a full Irish and a pint. If they run away screaming, then there's your answer.

Just going to point out that very many terrorist attacks (including the one this thread is about) are carried out by second generation immigrants [i.e. technically not immigrants at all].

That's true. It doesn't seem like they come from families or communities that support their acts either.

I don't believe there is a way to test a persons character at point of entry. You can look for criminal records, military intelligence or even social media but you will always be taking a chance. I think a good start in reducing risk would be to properly resource the enforcement of existing laws more stringently. Bring back the local immigration Garda offices and let them do their job. Replace the law on demanding ID that was deemed unconstitutional about 8 years ago.

Place of origin would be a good start, add in religion and education level filters as well.

Place of origin would be a good start, add in religion and education level filters as well.

You think your place of origin is a good indicator of your character?

• Advertisement

You think your place of origin is a good indicator of your character?

Enoch Powell will give us a job, diggin’ our way to Annascaul.
    And when we’re finished diggin’ there they’ll close the hole and all.

Advertisement