Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colm and Lucy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

jvan wrote: »
    Reading the last few posts reaffirms that I'm not missing much since I stopped listening, not even as a casual listener.

In Hayes mind, as long as people are on here moaning about the show he knows they're still listening....happy days...;)

In Hayes mind, as long as people are on here moaning about the show he knows they're still listening....happy days...;)
    I would say that applies to all broadcasters.

The objective isn't to be well-liked - but to generate a response.

The worst thing for any broadcaster must be to have an apathetic audience who couldn't care less whether you come or go.

I would say that applies to all broadcasters.

The objective isn't to be well-liked - but to generate a response.

The worst thing for any broadcaster must be to have an apathetic audience who couldn't care less whether you come or go.

Better than being a patethic presenter..eh..?..:P

Better than being a patethic presenter..eh..?..:P
    The JNLRs are all that matter.

I listen to a few broadcasters that I consider woeful - just for the comic value.

Haven't listened to Colm & Lucy but I daresay they fit into that category.

The JNLRs are all that matter.

I listen to a few broadcasters that I consider woeful - just for the comic value.

Haven't listened to Colm & Lucy but I daresay they fit into that category.

Theyre sad...not funny....unless you like talk of sh1t, knobs, babies and how we helped to home the homeless...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Was I dreaming, was it a mistake or did I hear a jingle today for the Marty and Miller breakfast show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

It's called feedback,dude.

I've been listening to Nova since the 1980s and I dislike the current direction the station is taking ?

The current Nova has nothing to do with the 80s version apart from the name.

SERIOUSLY..eek.png......we thought it was the same.....Mr/Mrs Pedantic strikes again....everyone else knows what he means....rolleyes.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭its_steve116

It's like how ITV has had two completely different shows with the name "Love Island". One in the 00s with celebrities and one this decade with members of the public.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mod Note

Reminder no personal abuse or attacking other posters please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Colm on Cutting Edge now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

liam7831 wrote: »
    Colm on Cutting Edge now

I'd read that this morning before work, not sure if he said he'd be on the previous morning but my god did they talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

Sweet jebus.....We have the breakfast drivel on in the office at the moment.

I'm pretty sure this is closest thing to being in Hell, Hayes and "comedienne" Joanne McNally....absolutely dreadful.

I think they're trying to outfunny each other, it's neck and neck at the moment, though McNally's voice has the edge..........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Sweet jebus.....We have the breakfast drivel on in the office at the moment.

I'm pretty sure this is closest thing to being in Hell, Hayes and "comedienne" Joanne McNally....absolutely dreadful.

I think they're trying to outfunny each other, it's neck and neck at the moment, though McNally's voice has the edge..........

Oh the japes.

They attacked Trump again this morning on some flimsy pretext but what they said wasn't funny so the sound of them both trying to force laughter was just a little bit sad.

What was even more pathetic was Hayes' complete ignorance of the world of politics..occasionally veering off into SJW politics like a drunken uncle trying to impress his vegetarian nephew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

How is this heap of crap show still going?

I've stopped listening to Nova totally now. Only saw this thread come up on the main page.

Talk about flogging a dead donkey.

• Advertisement

AH lads..i thought we were letting this thread disappear into obscurity...bit like the show....still the most advertised show on nova..its like theyre proud of it...like a baby's first proper poo...:p

BTW Lucy luv, no-one wants you to take your clothes off...maybe 10 years ago...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,183 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Goes to show how important the breakfast show is, since I changed channel in the mornings I haven't listened to nova since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Goes to show how important the breakfast show is, since I changed channel in the mornings I haven't listened to nova since

Same... 4fm anytime I am in the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭prunudo

Kamili wrote: »
    How is this heap of crap show still going?

I've stopped listening to Nova totally now. Only saw this thread come up on the main page.

Talk about flogging a dead donkey.

The show is one of the main reasons I don't listen to Nova much these days. Bar the odd occasion I've pretty much stopped completely.

The show will be a YEAR old a week on Saturday.

• Advertisement

The show will be a YEAR old a week on Saturday.

Woop de fcuking doo....let see if they mention it.:rolleyes:..hopefully thats Kennedys contract up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I only have it on now when I'm in the shower as I haven't bothered changing the station yet.

But seriously, what is Lucy's obsession with poo? I think someone mentioned it on here before but there's an ad where she's talking about Keith Duffy having 'the squits'. Then the other day she mentioned the squits again.

I really should just stick on something else.

Wheety wrote: »
    I only have it on now when I'm in the shower as I haven't bothered changing the station yet.

But seriously, what is Lucy's obsession with poo? I think someone mentioned it on here before but there's an ad where she's talking about Keith Duffy having 'the squits'. Then the other day she mentioned the squits again.

I really should just stick on something else.

"Colm! Poo! Poo! I'm sorry, it just slipped out. ....POO!"

Wheety wrote: »
    /QUOTE]

Sweet jesus..ye know they read these posts....expect an item on people listening to the show naked next week ....:rolleyes:

Now that she has lost her weekend show to Neil Molloy, I think it would be nice for Ruth Scott to be Colm's Friday co host.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Now that she has lost her weekend show to Neil Molloy, I think it would be nice for Ruth Scott to be Colm's Friday co host.

God no. It's bad enough as it is

God no. It's bad enough as it is

God no, why would you inflict that on her....it would only be a bad thing, for her...
    Hayes will have the last say, except where JC is concerned...
    Listened to JC this morning..it was very "dukebox" stylee....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Liam will be on breakfast tomorrow.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Liam will be on breakfast tomorrow.

Just this week, or are the others gone.....??:)

Just this week, or are the others gone.....??:)

I think they are back on as of this morning

• Advertisement

LK on The six o'clock show......Jesus she really is a thick....no script....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Given the quality of the show, and their favourite topic, I would like to propose a new name for the Nova morning show - Utter Scutter.

seagull wrote: »
    Given the quality of the show, and their favourite topic, I would like to propose a new name for the Nova morning show - Utter Scutter.

Good one!

Good one!

I can see Hayes using that and pretending it was his idea...knob...:rolleyes:

What, roughly, would Hayes and LK's salary be?

According to this..very little

https://www.payscale.com/research/IE/Industry=Radio_Broadcasting/Salary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Too much whatever it is 😂

That's an average and would include contributors like TV and tech reviewers, not to mention including everyone from RTE employees to those in smaller stations like 98 FM or Sunshine.

I have it in my head from ages ago that salaries are approximately equal to average annual JNLR listenership x 1 euro.

You could probably adjust that upwards for the national broadcaster (also taking into account TV work), and downwards for stations that are struggling.

I have it in my head from ages ago that salaries are approximately equal to average annual JNLR listenership x 1 euro.

How much are Hayes and that idiot kennedy on though??

• Advertisement

If my understanding is correct, take their anticipated (or most recent) JNLRs, whichever is the lower, and multiply by 1 euro; then scale it up or down based on the financial health of the station relative to the norm (probably downards) as a guesstimate.

So lets say Nova is performing at 20% below average in terms of advertising revenue. Lets say the show generates 75,000 listeners in the JNLRs

Then the salary expressed in euro should be 0.8 x (75,000 x 1) = 60k

That should be per person, and it sounds about right to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

So are the dopey duo getting weekly pay cuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭chilloutrelax

If my understanding is correct, take their anticipated (or most recent) JNLRs, whichever is the lower, and multiply by 1 euro; then scale it up or down based on the financial health of the station relative to the norm (probably downards) as a guesstimate.

So lets say Nova is performing at 20% below average in terms of advertising revenue. Lets say the show generates 75,000 listeners in the JNLRs

Then the salary expressed in euro should be 0.8 x (75,000 x 1) = 60k

That should be per person, and it sounds about right to me.

The entire station had a listenership of that amount the show is much lower

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

Not sure, but I wouldn't pay them in bent washers, complete and utter drivel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I think you’re all underestimating btw......

Doesn’t Hayes have some other role in there? An Executive/Managent position of some sort? That would add to the pot nicely one would imagine.

The entire station had a listenership of that amount the show is much lower
    That's a fair point.

As Butters has indicated, there are other considerations too, such as whether a broadcaster has some executive role within the organisation. I would add another one, that you'd have to consider whether or not some broadcasters are loss-leaders, designed to anchor the station and boost overall listenership. Pat Kenny's salary at Newstalk, which could never have been justified in its own right, is an example of that.

Of course, the latter is not a sustainable long-term strategy, and it's worth bearing in mind that Nova is unprofitable; it always has been.

• Advertisement

Not so long ago, Nova's jingles used to boast something like "If you want to know what's happening in the Kardashians' lives, this isn't the station for you!"

This morning, Colon & Loosey spent 5 minutes wittering on about the girlfriend (or ex-girlfriend, who knows?) of the son of a footballer and a Spice Girl.

SO, that's full circle, then, is it?

Fúck Right Off, Colon & Loosey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Humphrey Menton

I think you’re all underestimating btw......

Doesn’t Hayes have some other role in there? An Executive/Managent position of some sort? That would add to the pot nicely one would imagine.

I believe his official title is 'Director of Programming'. But yes, he basically calls the shots at the station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I believe his official title is 'Director of Programming'. But yes, he basically calls the shots at the station.

Well I think it’s fair to say that he’s handsomely rewarded for that, as well as providing an explanation as to how his own show has survived to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Well I think it’s fair to say that he’s handsomely rewarded for that, as well as providing an explanation as to how his own show has survived to date.

Exactly why he is still there! Greg did an infinitely better job as music director or whatever the title is.

Homer wrote: »
    Exactly why he is still there! Greg did an infinitely better job as music director or whatever the title is.

Probably has to work out his notice...:p... .enjoying JC on sundays...;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement