Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colm and Lucy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭jimmymack

I've just switched on the radio and while flicking through the stations, I heard Lucy talking about erections (the context was nudism). I know the kids are back in school, but it's depressing that they have to go to the gutter to get material for this show. Breakfast radio isn't the place to be talking about this crap. Wouldn't it be great to have an engaging, intelligent alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

jimmymack wrote: »
    I've just switched on the radio and while flicking through the stations, I heard Lucy talking about erections (the context was nudism). I know the kids are back in school, but it's depressing that they have to go to the gutter to get material for this show. Breakfast radio isn't the place to be talking about this crap. Wouldn't it be great to have an engaging, intelligent alternative?

Something like ROCK SOLID music perhaps? Sounds more constructive over all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Trump radio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭Homer

Unfortunately it’s all those two dunces know. One trick ponies if ever there were.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What is it you want nova? What do you want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

This show is getting worse, if that were possible.

Whilst Hayes loves the sound of his own voice, as soon as he starts into a piece that's making some sense and has a modicum of interest for the listener Lucy abruptly cuts across him and diverts the item down another road entirely. They had a genuinely interesting item on breathalysers last week, Lucy kept cutting across Hayes shouting "Liar! Liar!" I almost texted in to tell them to tell Lucy to STFU.

And why does she always sound like she has a mouthful of spit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

And why does she always sound like she has a mouthful of spit?

If i know Hayes ,and I KNOW Hayes...its not spit...............:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

If i know Hayes ,and I KNOW Hayes...its not spit...............:eek::D

:pac:

Jesus wept...unfortunate enough to catch the last few minutes of this sh1te this morning, Keith Barry (another joke :rolleyes:) was on ..i thought Looseys head was going to explode with excitement....
    How the fcuk is this still on...:confused:...what does Branigan think is going to happen with the show, If Nova was a newspaper it would be The Sun, and Hayes would insist it have a page 3 girl (on every page tho) ..Falling listenership usually means "do you need more boxes for your stuff"....but then again , its Branigan...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

Jesus wept...unfortunate enough to catch the last few minutes of this sh1te this morning, Keith Barry (another joke :rolleyes:) was on ..i thought Looseys head was going to explode with excitement....
    How the fcuk is this still on...:confused:...what does Branigan think is going to happen with the show, If Nova was a newspaper it would be The Sun, and Hayes would insist it have a page 3 girl (on every page tho) ..Falling listenership usually means "do you need more boxes for your stuff"....but then again , its Branigan...:rolleyes:

I think the Colm & Lucy experiment has been a failure and it must be plain for all to see at Castleforbes House. They're not pulling in ratings akin to FM104 et al because that demographic is already spoilt for choice on the airwaves. No one is going to tune in to a so called rock station if they want to listen to chat and pop music (which is exactly what Nova are currently offering in the morning). By pushing away their core demographic, they may struggle to replace them with the type of demographic they're chasing. Unfortunately, their pigheadedness seems to override their common sense. They've ignored all of the feedback on social media and in some cases deleted listeners' comments altogether. Who knows where it will go from here. But I suspect it'll trundle on down the same track for a while yet. I've said it before, but they should just rebrand the station and be done with it. They clearly don't want to cater to rock fans anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Can they rebrand though? wouldn't that breach their licence? Isn't it just easier to pretend they are a rock station and do what they want to avoid the hassle of a rebrand/licence removal.

Not that the licence would be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Kyle More wrote: »
    I think the Colm & Lucy experiment has been a failure and it must be plain for all to see at Castleforbes House. They're not pulling in ratings akin to FM104 et al because that demographic is already spoilt for choice on the airwaves. No one is going to tune in to a so called rock station if they want to listen to chat and pop music (which is exactly what Nova are currently offering in the morning). By pushing away their core demographic, they may struggle to replace them with the type of demographic they're chasing. Unfortunately, their pigheadedness seems to override their common sense. They've ignored all of the feedback on social media and in some cases deleted listeners' comments altogether. Who knows where it will go from here. But I suspect it'll trundle on down the same track for a while yet. I've said it before, but they should just rebrand the station and be done with it. They clearly don't want to cater to rock fans anymore.

I dunno, based on an ad I heard one weekend... their neighbours in 98 and 104 are getting worried :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭prunudo

Kamili wrote: »
    Can they rebrand though? wouldn't that breach their licence? Isn't it just easier to pretend they are a rock station and do what they want to avoid the hassle of a rebrand/licence removal.

The Bai don't really seem to care, once they make money thats all that's important

mloc123 wrote: »
    I dunno, based on an ad I heard one weekend... their neighbours in 98 and 104 are getting worried :pac:
    Hayes must have applied for a job there....

I hear theres a Janitors job going....he's good with sh1t..........:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

jvan wrote: »
    The Bai don't really seem to care, once they make money thats all that's important

exactly, so they won't bother with a rebrand when they can continue as is

mloc123 wrote: »

I doubt it, given that they can't even beat Sunshine and Q102 in the ratings (according to the latest JNLR figures), let alone 98FM or 104.

Kamili wrote: »

I'd say they'll continue to trundle along as they are, Kamili. But it does strike me as misleading that they're allowed to continue as they are, especially with the breakfast show paving the way for what they want the station to become. But like you said, they'll most likely remain as they are in name only. The BAI will do diddly squat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Thanks to the poster either on here or the general Nova thread who suggested giving 4FM a lash.

I never would have thought given the "Classic Hits" tag, I expected it to be all Neil Diamond for taxi drivers but it's sounding very upbeat and professional, loads of good 90s anthems and thank God no "Harry Barry and Gary" and that ghastly voice link man

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Thanks to the poster either on here or the general Nova thread who suggested giving 4FM a lash.

I never would have thought given the "Classic Hits" tag, I expected it to be all Neil Diamond for taxi drivers but it's sounding very upbeat and professional, loads of good 90s anthems and thank God no "Harry Barry and Gary" and that ghastly voice link man

It isn't 4FM any more simply Classic Hits, took them a while to change it. https://www.classichits.ie/

Today was my penance. Once in a blue moon I listen in to the breakfast show on my morning commute for two reasons, to see if it's still on air and to see if there's any, ANY, improvement. Has anyone actually told Kennedy that it's supposed to be a rock station? Now I know we're all well aware that it's quickly drifting away from that format, but she genuinely seems clueless to the fact that it's MEANT to be a rock station. Today she tried to play Michael Bublé after 'Celebrity Loose' because he was featured in today's 'news'. In fairness to Hayes, he quickly put the brakes on her and played Prince instead, who was also featured on the same bulletin. It seems that Bublé was a step too far, even for Hayes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I caught a few seconds of the show this morning and they had guy on the phone maybe for a competition or something, anyways Kennedy asks him what he's up to and I think he just said something like " I'm in the kitchen" Kennedy then goes onto asking what he's wearing and If he was naked.

It all seemed very bizarre and uncomfortable, I soon switched over to another station.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

It's "pardy" season you know.
    She said so this morning.
    Many times.

You know its all pretend with them dont you..???

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Samuel Vimes

Have to say I given up completely on Nova Breakfast.
    Trite rubbish.
    :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I like Lucy. Not a fan of Colm. Though I did get a shock the other day when he said his daughter was in college. Im pretty sure i remember him announcing when she was born on the strawberry alarm clock? Can't believe she's old enough to be in college.

Have to say I given up completely on Nova Breakfast.
    Trite rubbish.
    :mad:

me too

I like Lucy.

Used to, but Hayes has bullied moulded her into his little brainless unfunny foul mouthed mong.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Used to, but Hayes has bullied moulded her into his little brainless unfunny foul mouthed mong.....

I got that impression the other day coincidently.

I got that impression the other day coincidently.

She's been his Baldrick since the start, he beat the self respect out of her.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

She's been his Baldrick since the start, he beat the self respect out of her.....:)

To quote the Sleaford Mods:
    "In the snakes and ladders we are the Baldricks son, and blackadders..."

Advertisement