Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colm and Lucy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

So the only opinion that counts is his over inflated opinion of himself by the sounds of it, very cocky of him live on air to say turn it off, I wonder did many others follow his advice.. I still am struggling to believe they are up 2000 listeners like was claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Kamili wrote: »
    So the only opinion that counts is his over inflated opinion of himself by the sounds of it, very cocky of him live on air to say turn it off, I wonder did many others follow his advice.. I still am struggling to believe they are up 2000 listeners like was claimed.
    Kamili wrote: »
    Ah, he didn't say it on air, it was a reply on FB, but still a bit petty....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Dub Ste wrote: »

very pettty!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Dub Ste wrote: »

You should have said.."I dont dislike the station, just YOU and your ideas...and if its all the same to you i'll fcuking listen to AND take prizes of any station i choose"...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

So did anyone actually hear Nathan Carter on the show this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yeah to he fair to Carter he sounded like he didn't want to be on the call

Yeah to he fair to Carter he sounded like he didn't want to be on the call

So they only phoned him....:confused:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

So did anyone actually hear Nathan Carter on the show this week?
    You're kidding, right? :eek:

So they only phoned him....:confused:

And he's a musician who was probably very tired ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dick Pickle

Apparently Hayes nearly did himself an injury doing some charity absailing lark this week

• Advertisement

Apparently Hayes nearly did himself an injury doing some charity absailing lark this week

fell off a cliff? like the show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I think they went absailing down the State Street building.

I used to listen to TXFM then Phever both now gone so I listen to Colm and Lucy as an act of self-flagellation to atone for my sins.

There's something comforting about their utter sh1teness - it sounds like a show on a pirate station manned by bored middle aged South Dublin swingers.

I suspect they read this page as the music has massively improved in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Doffer

I actually miss the poor music radio that was txfm and indeed phever. As posted by Mrs S. I transitioned from the gateway drug that was txfm to nova. I didnt realise that it would be soul and family destroying a transition I expected. So now my new music choices are waxing lyrical about the S. Mac and how they slayed the Ellen show. Over and Under . Dont get me started.

Apologies for not doing a proper job on the rope...he's not as heavy as i guessed then....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I think they went absailing down the State Street building.

I used to listen to TXFM then Phever both now gone so I listen to Colm and Lucy as an act of self-flagellation to atone for my sins.

There's something comforting about their utter sh1teness - it sounds like a show on a pirate station manned by bored middle aged South Dublin swingers.

I suspect they read this page as the music has massively improved in recent weeks.

phever is back, they are on 88.1

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

phever is back, they are on 88.1

Thank fcuk.

This morning the news on 1 was boring, can't stomach the music on 2 and todayfm ...1 put me off newstalk....switched on nova and this was the first thing i heard "Lucy: we need to talk about ant and Dec now" ...switched off

and that is the definition of exactly what they said they were not

This morning the news on 1 was boring, can't stomach the music on 2 and todayfm ...1 put me off newstalk....switched on nova and this was the first thing i heard "Lucy: we need to talk about ant and Dec now" ...switched off

The breakfast show is just a gossip chat show now....bit like Joe duffy ,but people dont despise Joe Duffy...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The breakfast show is just a gossip chat show now....bit like Joe duffy ,but people dont despise Joe Duffy...:)

Max, may I introduce you to Da Lahv Lah Thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057895554

You'll soon change your mind on that assertion.....

Max, may I introduce you to Da Lahv Lah Thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057895554

You'll soon change your mind on that assertion.....

Dont listen to him...should have said "Anyone on any chat show "..then...;)

• Advertisement

Sorry for dragging this from the rubbish bin...but do Virgin have a stake in nova now..an awful lot of plugging for Loosey's tv show...and they always mention "Virgin"...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭prunudo

Sorry for dragging this from the rubbish bin...but do Virgin have a stake in nova now..an awful lot of plugging for Loosey's tv show...and they always mention "Virgin"...

Wondered this myself, was listening to the jukebox yesterday and there was a promo for the breakfast show which was basically a promo for living with Lucy.

jvan wrote: »
    Wondered this myself, was listening to the jukebox yesterday and there was a promo for the breakfast show which was basically a promo for living with Lucy.

Scraping the barrel.. A cuntry singer, fat pig(who d f is she) and now a washed out junkie....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

How times have changed. Also can't BELIEVE they spoke about the Westlife reunion the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Have they given the poxy pair another hour on a Saturday morning? I thought I was safe after 10, but I turned on the radio about 10:30 on Saturday to the unwelcome sound of Hayes.

seagull wrote: »
    Have they given the poxy pair another hour on a Saturday morning? I thought I was safe after 10, but I turned on the radio about 10:30 on Saturday to the unwelcome sound of Hayes.

Yeah..just another reason NOT to listen....even at the weekends...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I swear that station is turning into FM104...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭prunudo

god's toy wrote: »
    I swear that station is turning into FM104...

How big was Colm and JimJim's falling out after the 2fm show was axed? Is Colm's ego getting in the way and he wants to stick 2 fingers up at him and say I made a breakfast show bigger than yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

How big was Colm and JimJim's falling out after the 2fm show was axed? Is Colm's ego getting in the way and he wants to stick 2 fingers up at him and say I made a breakfast show bigger than yours.

Yep maybe, tho, I think JimJim would be better at a morning show there... just NOT a 'funny' one as hes not funny... NOva are dreaming if they think that show will every be big in any capacity there, lol Calling it Tripe doesn't come close to how awful it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Pretty big apparently. The story that I heard allegedly goes that Colm was on more than twice the money Jim Jim was on when they went to RTE. Hayes worked for RTE way back when and was big pals with Gerry Ryan and Ryan was allegedly instrumental in allegedly suggesting to RTE to bring in the two lads from FM 10Bore....so that may have been something to do with the fees being unequal (esp. given Ryan's power in RTE). Quite how Hayes thought this would have been kept quiet I don't know as the fees of the top earners are published so he must have known it would come out at some stage...and cause some acrimony, but that's what allegedly caused it.

Advertisement