Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hole in the Wall Gang ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    Its different up there in the border counties, I'm from the west of Ireland and had a girlfriend from Castleblaney.
    She was telling me that the best approach up there was keep doing what's in front of you

If you think you might witness something illegal or see something going on, turn around and say nothing.

In fairness if i was driving through a border town and seen a digger working the night shift, id drive by as if i seen nothing.

Seen nothing officer I had my eyes on the road.

Never ever be a tout or tell on anyone up there because you'll be excommunicated and probably have to emigrate, squeelers and rat's are not in existence...

The guards won't be able to give someone 24 hour protection. Because that's what you'd need if you said anything.

So id say if any of the locals heard a digger at 3am they'll just turn over and continue sleeping.

That's right Mick tell them nothing....

Tell them nothing and they'll ask end up with no banks and no ATMs, and fewer shops.

If course then it will be the government's fault...

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Tell them nothing and they'll ask end up with no banks and no ATMs, and fewer shops.

If course then it will be the government's fault...

Well its not upto members of the community to police what goes bump in the night.

Im just saying not to get involved with criminals at a capacity it could endanger your own well being.

There's a lot of variables in the situation with the diggers and ATMs, and who's responsible for keeping the peace and investigating the robberies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

In civilised, naw abiding countries members of the public report serious unlawful behaviour to the relevant authorities.

janfebmar wrote: »
    In civilised, naw abiding countries members of the public report serious unlawful behaviour to the relevant authorities.

There isn't one country on the planet thats law abiding.

There's a contradiction in your response.

If a country was law abiding, there would be no need to report serious unlawful behavior.

That's an oxymoron statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

lol just few days back when read stories in NI happening thought kells would be perfect place, 2 atms meters apart, the story with spikes is a bit over top seems as theres two ways to get into main street,so youll never know, thou from what ive heard its only 1 gardai car for 3-4 towns policing on response. And given sophistication seems planned well out, thou when you think all the excavators, trucks, cars vans etc used , with that much stolen stuff you'd make triple exporting or selling the machinery :confused: then ripping atm's and hoping theres cash in them to justify risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,731 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The gardai will catch them. Its just a pity the justice system gives silly jail terms. Few years must of it suspended

LOL
    Good one

The Gardai keep falling for the banana in the tail pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

How do they even get the ATMs out? Asking for a friend.

scamalert wrote: »
    lol just few days back when read stories in NI happening thought kells would be perfect place, 2 atms meters apart, the story with spikes is a bit over top seems as theres two ways to get into main street,so youll never know, thou from what ive heard its only 1 gardai car for 3-4 towns policing on response so who knows. And given sophistication seems planned well out, thou when you think all the excavators, trucks, cars vans etc used , with that much stolen stuff you'd make triple exporting or selling the machinery :confused: then ripping atm's and hoping theres cash in them to justify risk.

Maybe it'll increase the amount of guards on patrol.

We definitely need more recruitment and patrols.

Im sure more than likely it'll be the amadans copycats who'll get caught rather than the professional outfit.

Case close lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35,731 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

MrFresh wrote: »
    Update from Kells Garda

Pretty well planned.

Grass is green. I love the praise the Garda give them to cover their own stupidity.
    '' it was a very well organised robbery, carried out by highly trained intelligent people''
    Translate
    '' we fell for the banana in the tail pipe again,''

Doff wrote: »

It must be easy enough if that guy and his skank on breaking bad managed it anythings possible lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I heard it's Republican Travelers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

LOL
    Good one

The Gardai keep falling for the banana in the tail pipe.

They caught them the last time.

Doff wrote: »
    Brute force, remove the surrounding wall, then hook it out with the bucket and drop into a getaway vehicle.

There's CCTV videos around showing the entire job being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭veryangryman

One line i'm hearing from people i chat to is that this is what is funding the RA activity, yet very little in the media is joining the dots on it.

It kind of eerily makes a link with the last 24 hours. Could of course be coincidental.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

They have many means of gathering funds, none legal, the ATM's are probably at the less violent end of the scale, deplorable all the same.

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    Maybe it'll increase the amount of guards on patrol.

We definitely need more recruitment and patrols.

Im sure more than likely it'll be the amadans copycats who'll get caught rather than the professional outfit.

Case close lol

problem is that most likely the gangs who carry those out would be armed with real weapons, not some baton and pepper spray.

thou dont imagine this will keep up long if same technique keeps being used, its far to lucky to get so many so far.
    what irks me is that every branch has now 5-10atms yet one window open to do business -cost cutting. Even stolen cash can easily be written off by banks.

But as said if someone manages to get truck low loader,digger etc why bother with atms, 60k think is the max could be stored then again you never know how much will be left after a day. yet machinery like that could run easily 20k.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

septictank wrote: »
    2, and I'll raise you another 2.

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2019/0419/1043533-atm-kells/

You'd nearly think the "Lads" were putting together a fighting fund for events further down the road.

What i don't get, the alarm was raised at 4 AM. the Gardai station is 500 metres away yet they arrive on the scene 20 minutes later, thats why these fellahs have not been caught, they are offsky at 4.05 AM giving about 15 to twenty miles head start of the Guards. Although I can't imagine Kells having an active crack team waiting to pounce when the alarm goes off.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I've a feeling the gardai are not in any hurry to the scene of these robberies.
    Given who it is thought are involved, they are likely armed and dangerous.
    It is an unsafe situation for an unarmed ordinary garda to walk into.

mickdw wrote: »
    well definitely not worth risk, but shows that response time is a joke, as station is few minutes away, most likely 1 person sitting thou.Then add to that that any more units would be 15-20min away at best, so no wonder they get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

mickdw wrote: »

If you were being kicked to death on O Connell street they'd be nowhere to be seen either. Plenty around checking for tax/nct though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

ATM stolen in mitchelstown wednesday.

One of the small ones in filling station. Maxol at the north end of town.

All phone and power lines cut at 3 or 4am.

Just about in local paper. Wonder how much of this is going on around the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

If you were being kicked to death on O Connell street they'd be nowhere to be seen either. Plenty around checking for tax/nct though

Well unless everyone in the country is issued their own personal Garda, the guards can't be everywhere the minute a crime takes place.

Just about in local paper. Wonder how much of this is going on around the place?

Mitchelstown, im not surprised it's all coming together now thats for sure....

Well unless everyone in the country is issued their own personal Garda, the guards can't be everywhere the minute a crime takes place.

Enjoying the doughnuts and coffee or is it a chicken burger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If there's any stolen tonight the ballgame will get real.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They wrecked the phone lines.
    Broadband didn't come back until 17:50.
    There was a fleet of Eir van's trying to fix it during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They wrecked the phone lines.
    Broadband didn't come back until 17:50.
    There was a fleet of Eir van's trying to fix it during the day.

Most people now have a mobile, wrecking the phone lines was a little 1980's, I suppose the window twitcher brigade would use the landline.

On a side note why did people not rob ATM's with diggers 30 or 40 years ago? Much less technology then to track them and digger technology was pretty much as it is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

They're freezing the dye packs. The ATM manufacturers simply need to install thermostats and gravity triggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭highdef

Anyone else suspect a link between all these bits of plant machinery being left within easy distance of an ATM machine and those who are robbing same?
    Why the need to say "machine" twice in succession? It's like saying PIN Number.
    😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Most people now have a mobile, wrecking the phone lines was a little 1980's, I suppose the window twitcher brigade would use the landline.

On a side note why did people not rob ATM's with diggers 30 or 40 years ago? Much less technology then to track them and digger technology was pretty much as it is now.

I was thinking wrecking the phone lines had something to do with the alarm system.(I'm not an expert tough.)
    From my understanding they just stole the cash in this case.

Advertisement