Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hole in the Wall Gang ??

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Looks like the same people who shot the journalist in Derry. Then had a parade through Dublin to celebrate. Why was this parade allowed anyway ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Gerry G wrote: »
    The Guards were at the scene in 3 minutes

A lot of people seem to be missing this. Not only was the exit of the station booby trapped and the road blocked but the time it took for the alarm to be notified to the station and the Gardaí to get there could only have been 5 to 10 minutes and that's all the time they needed. These are smash and grabs in rural areas with the goal to be gone as soon as possible into the wilderness and across the nearest border. Even if a Garda car gets there they will be heavily outnumbered and have multiple getaway cars to pursue. These robberies won't be stopped when they are committed, but may be solved afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

MrFresh wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to be missing this. Not only was the exit of the station booby trapped and the road blocked but the time it took for the alarm to be notified to the station and the Gardaí to get there could only have been 5 to 10 minutes and that's all the time they needed. These are smash and grabs in rural areas with the goal to be gone as soon as possible into the wilderness and across the nearest border. Even if a Garda car gets there they will be heavily outnumbered and have multiple getaway cars to pursue. These robberies won't be stopped when they are committed, but may be solved afterwards.

Reminds me of the Centra robbery in Ashford Co. Wicklow.

The Gardai arrived and the guys then smashed up the Garda car with hatchets and crow bars.

The Gardai should have used their car to disable the Audi S3 I believe and at least would have made it harder for them to get away.

These gangs will hurt or kill to get away and will do anything to get away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

The Gardai should have used their car to disable the Audi S3 I believe and at least would have made it harder for them to get away.

The robbers would claim they were in it(the Audi) and would successfully sue the state for whiplash, personal injuries etc.

Only one crowd the robbers are afraid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

janfebmar wrote: »
    The robbers would claim they were in it(the Audi) and would successfully sue the state for whiplash, personal injuries etc.

Only one crowd the robbers are afraid of.

If under attack this would as you know be thrown out. But now that you mention it people are suing for anything even for mental suffering such as looking at someone covered in sh1t and be awarded a huge amount.
    That was a Garda by the way.

Fcuk these scum bags they need to be stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The Hole in the Wall Gang is also the name of a Belfast based comedy group behind the UTV series 'Give my Head Peace' which featured an actor playing a comical version of Gerry Adams.

The title of this thread and the alleged link to paramilitary activity is just priceless. Sometimes the universe lines up in unexpected ways.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole_in_the_Wall_Gang_(comedy)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭kerry cow

the guards believe the south Armagh gang that shot a cop dead , are the ones doing the robbery of the atms ,
    it's time the cops got heavy handed , eye for a eye ,
    there should be a special security ,highly trained tight group who s job should be to eliminate these vermin from our society ,and take the drug lords with them ,
    prison is too good for most of them .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

2z64d8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    The Hole in the Wall Gang is also the name of a Belfast based comedy group behind the UTV series 'Give my Head Peace' which featured an actor playing a comical version of Gerry Adams.

The title of this thread and the alleged link to paramilitary activity is just priceless. Sometimes the universe lines up in unexpected ways.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole_in_the_Wall_Gang_(comedy)

I just assumed OP had this in mind

I just don’t get this.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/0426/1045778-ballymena-atm/

There’s all praise for the police recovering the ATMs. They followed the robbers so why the **** didn’t they keep up the pursuit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

I just don’t get this.

There’s all praise for the police recovering the ATMs. They followed the robbers so why the **** didn’t they keep up the pursuit?

Probably stopped to secure the two machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

maybe the robbers ran into a local estate, and the cops didn't want another riot on their hands

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Odelay

I just don’t get this.

They probably abandoned the Jeep and trailer across the road and removed the keys.

How do you think they could have kept up with that pursuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I just don’t get this.

Well they had no idea if they were armed. And if they managed to recover the truck before it was burned (as looks like they did) then theres a high chance to get some physical evidence. Rather than run after potentially armed suspects through a wooded area at 3am they secured the truck and the evidence.

Less risk of them being split up and ganged up on, or one of the suspects doubling back and torching the truck. The suspects would just need to get far enough away and can use "ah, was just out for a stroll officer!" as no direct evidence left to indite them, then.

I suppose. I didn’t think of there being only 2 police officers and that the robbers are probably armed.

Caught by the balls then ...and about time

• Registered Users Posts: 81,671 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Crazy that they didn't have the money stashed away properly from their previous raids, perhaps it was simply a hobby for them like the way some people collect stamps.

Crazy that they didn't have the money stashed away properly from their previous raids, perhaps it was simply a hobby for them like the way some people collect stamps.

Hot money, needs to cool down before laundering.
    It takes time to run this amount of money through a business without attracting attention from the revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,190 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Hot money, needs to cool down before laundering.
    It takes time to run this amount of money through a business without attracting attention from the revenue.

Today was a big breakthrough. Detectives will be anxious to find out who these guys are linked to, how and where they were laundering the stolen cash etc. Mobile phone records should give them a lot of clues, ditto with the cars that were seized.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I wonder will it be revealed that it was all just a bit of a laugh.

• Advertisement

bit of a laugh? well it was no laughing matter for the business owners and cops north & south...must have been infuriating for them

Advertisement