Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

an awful lot of moanin goin on in this thread now!
    Wambulance.jpg

despite what ye all say, i like the dillons. i'm still enjoying it! there are a few WTF moments.. but all in all it's not all that bad! it's a soap, not real life :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

^^^haha Waaahmbulance

I like the Dillons too and don't think they've been overused at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Ray is another one who really deserves a story. I'd also love it if they ran some of the comedy storylines for longer. Like a lot more mileage could have been got out of the swingers storyline but it was ended in a week. It was hilarious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

deelite wrote: »
    Vivienne Connolly is going to be Louie's ex wife - she'll be competition for Carol

i thought his ex wife was a yank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

max life wrote: »
    I think she used to be a famous model.
    Ah great! Just what FC needs at the moment, another Model/Celebrity that probably can't act! :( .... Models haven't really a great track record in FC, just look at Felix for feck sake! who hires the actors in there? In the UTV soaps they list it in the credits, but I haven't seen it on the FC credits (must work as a models agent on the side :rolleyes: ) I've been bitten my lip for far too long now and I just have to ask.......WTF is going on with Fair City at the moment??? Stories are ridiculous!!!! All the good decent actors have either disappeared (except Bob) or have very short silly stories and we're left with the Dillons?? and now another new model/actor?! I can't figure out whats going on?
    I have to say I'm really very disappointed with whats going on at the moment, things were going so well with the Damian/Suzanne story, I've reverted to watching it on Sky+ so I can fast forward the Dillons shouting their heads off! (put a few more mic's in their kitchen ffs!) Rant over :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

i thought his ex wife was a yank

Maybe she might come in and be a bit like Jonathan Ryan. I can never remember him having that thick accent when he was in Bosco or Inside.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Ah great! Just what FC needs at the moment, another Model/Celebrity that probably can't act! :( .... Models haven't really a great track record in FC, just look at Felix for feck sake! who hires the actors in there?

Your one, cant think of her name, Costello, former Miss Ireland was another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Your one, cant think of her name, Costello, former Miss Ireland was another one.

One time actor, now full time charlatan Yvonne Costello..

I0000zWZEHApof94.jpg

Deise Tom wrote: »
    The guy with the pony tail Robin had a fling with (can't remember his name), and isn't one of the Dillons a model aswell, she was/is Yares girlfriend . . . . . Was Avi a model ?

• Advertisement

My god these scenes with Turlough and Neasa are cringeworthy... please let the 64a to Carrigstown plough them both out of it..

My god these scenes with Turlough and Neasa are cringeworthy... please let the 64a to Carrigstown plough them both out of it..
    Agreed! Somebody has to be taking the p*** with the whole story! btw, just to add, I never seen a Doctor to work so little??

At the earlier time of 7 o'clock ?? :confused::confused:

I wish they would stop messing around with the time.. RTE, put it on at 8pm and keep it at 8pm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,568 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

+ 1 and also plough through the rest of the Dillions ;)

Is Dean leaving?

I kind got the impression from his conversation with Leo he wants something more but maybe I'm wrong which I hope I am

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would have to agree with you there, I find them unbelievable, boring and totally pointless tbh, as I said before the only one of them I can bare to watch is the youngest daughter....

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Alwayson

blondie7 wrote: »
    Now that you mention them, i havent seen Jo and Dermot in it in ages. Miss them there good craic together :D

Usually when someone leaves Fair City for a long time they are imaginatively sent off to London by the scriptwriters. However no plausible explanation was given for why such a prominent couple as Jo and Dermot suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth. They haven't even been seen crossing the road in the background!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Ah poor ould Christy ;'(

Neasa Dillon is painful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Is Dean leaving?

I kind got the impression from his conversation with Leo he wants something more but maybe I'm wrong which I hope I am

Yeah, I kinda thought that too! It seemed like an exit set up. Love Dean, he will be missed.

Bob earwigging on christy and bela tonight was great! Loved belas reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I cant be doing with Charlotte Bishop , I know she's only a child but I cant tolerate her at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

optogirl wrote: »
    Christy Burke!! Do you mean Chris de Burgh or the Sinn Fein candidate?

No I mean the singer Christy Burke:D (that's what he's known in my house).:D

I hope I like Louie's wife in the Fair City - in real life she's being having juices and soups and one meal a day so she can look thin for tv, (it was in the one of the newspapers) - hopefully she'll have an affair with Leo, he hasn't had any action since Troy's boyfriends mother....

Alwayson wrote: »
    Usually when someone leaves Fair City for a long time they are imaginatively sent off to London by the scriptwriters. However no plausible explanation was given for why such a prominent couple as Jo and Dermot suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth. They haven't even been seen crossing the road in the background!

They're looking for Felix and Alex:D

When's Felix back on our screens he hasn't been about for ages :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I have to say the show is rapidly going downhill for me. There only decent scenes were the ones with Carol last night.

The middle Dillon (Caoimhe?) is just so over the top. Does anyone know if she has a theatre background? I dont think she's a bad actor or anything just really needs to tone everything down, the audience aren't thick.

I think the youngest Dillon is really good wish they'd give her more to do.

Neasa, I could take or leave as an actress but she is very beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I think i must be the only person who thinks Carol is a poor actress. Everything she says seems too rehearsed. She makes Neasa seem like a good actress....:)
    The bishops have all become too nice....they are like the Waltons now.
    Yes.......finally.......Stephen got a line!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

JESUS this show is great, the big minx with the capper in the wheel chair.
    Comedy Genius, has anyone approached Comedy Central about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Christy knows now!! :eek:

Poor Christy doesnt know where to go!!

STIG83 wrote: »

Poor fella he deserves better

:eek:
    Yes did you SEE the acting. why is he wasted on fair city? Can he not get on Desperate Housewives or crack CSI ? Shame some talent there
    I took a pic of him Looking shocked on my Iphone, as the acting was so awe inspiring:eek:

:eek:
    Yes did you SEE the acting. why is he wasted on fair city? Can he not get on Desperate Housewives or crack CSI ? Shame some talent there
    I took a pic of him Looking shocked on my Iphone, as the acting was so awe inspiring:eek:

LOL

Tablets wont fix me..... :(

What about some Yokes Christy?:D

If i was Christy i'd have her out on the street by now

• Advertisement

Why's Dean and Finn (only friends a wet day) at each others throats the whole time.

Wonder how many times Dean had to do that scene to pot the black?

Wheelchair man and minx

His plans include.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAONYRLTLYc

Her plans include

Is the actress who plays Carol pregnant? She is supposed to be getting married soon but she seems to have put on a lot of weight. Most women who are getting married try to lose weight before the big day.

Wonder how many times Dean had to do that scene to pot the black?

Stig, you saying that wasnt CGI? :eek:

Stig, you saying that wasnt CGI? :eek:

After the tram crash in Corrie, FC shouldnt bother wit CGI

After the tram crash in Corrie, FC shouldnt bother wit CGI

That Corrie episode was cool, fires and splosions and all....hang on did you say TRAM Crash? I thought that was an exploding tin of biscuits?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭A.Tomas

Karen23 wrote: »
    I cant be doing with Charlotte Bishop , I know she's only a child but I cant tolerate her at all.

Niamh and Paul's daughter is the worst!

(Zak Dillon a close second):D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭A.Tomas

Christy finding out about the affair wasn't mentioned in the preview I read.

Took us all by surprise!

They must be finally actually getting on with storylines, instead of spreading them out for years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

is there actually anything positive you guys can say at all? :rolleyes:

i don't think dean is leaving, i just think that it was the basis of this whole new plan of him starting a catering business or something. just another story line.

poor christy, felt bad for him. he's always getting a bum deal with the women. why was carol so nice to him (when she was makin the pizza) when before she was snappin at him all the time?

i think turlough & neasa are cute .. they look at each other like loved up eejits :) we've all been there! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

BO11OX !!
    Missed tonight's episode, I did not realise that it was on at 7. I was looking up to me t*ts all day and was looking forward to sitting down with a cuppa tea to watch FC. GGGrrrrrrr

Edit:
    The OH just told me that he set the Sky box to record the repeat at 3pm tomorrow. Aw, isn't he nice.

i think turlough & neasa are cute .. they look at each other like loved up eejits :) we've all been there! :)
    Its the worst storyline in FC in a long time. Its so unbelievable when you consider how shallow and selfish Neasa was not so long ago. They should introduce storylines with a bit more credibility and not insult the viewers intelligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

At the earlier time of 7 o'clock ?? :confused::confused:

I wish they would stop messing around with the time.. RTE, put it on at 8pm and keep it at 8pm..

yeah, this constant mucking around with the Wednesday episode is really annoying.

Why hasnt Nessa told Louis or Carol that she and Bob knows about the affair :confused: Louis has been pretty good to her giving her job and a place to stay surely she would want to let him know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Why hasnt Nessa told Louis or Carol that she and Bob knows about the affair :confused: Louis has been pretty good to her giving her job and a place to stay surely she would want to let him know

Maybe she feels guilty for confirming Bob's suspicions? But I agree with you, it's something she should definitely be considering.

This place has really heated up. It's good fun. I saw Vivienne Connolly in a play with a friend of mine a couple of months ago. It was a Greek tragedy, so it's a bit hard to judge what she'll be like in Fair City, but she was pretty good.

Has everyone voted in the Leo poll on the website? Only 60.53% of people think he is "more awesome than Barack Obama and Superman put together". That's a travesty. :D

• Advertisement

I can't wait for the competition to start between Louie's ex and Carol.

deelite wrote: »
    I can't wait for the competition to start between Louie's ex and Carol.

vivienne_connolly_th.gif

She looks a bit like the actress who plays Nessa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Edit:
    The OH just told me that he set the Sky box to record the repeat at 3pm tomorrow. Aw, isn't he nice.

Why don't you just set a 'series link' on your sky box. That way it'll always be recorded for you no matter what time it's on at. Even if the series times are staggered,....the way FC is at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Why don't you just set a 'series link' on your sky box. That way it'll always be recorded for you no matter what time it's on at. Even if the series times are staggered,....the way FC is at the mo.

Good thinking Batman ! I'll set it this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dubhillbilly

Don't know if this has been posted already but it's a behind the scenes of the show from the RTE website. I see myself in the background as an extra.:o

http://www.rte.ie/allaccess/set-spy/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement