Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 dopes

Going by her showreel, it doesnt look promising......but I hope I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

dopes wrote: »
    Going by her showreel, it doesnt look promising......but I hope I'm wrong.

Looking at the majority of the showreel, I found her annoying and so highpitched :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Neasa.... And Duncan!

I wouldn't like this. Duncan is a bit of a loveable loser. If he were to suddenly start going with the best looking woman in Carrigstown his character might be ruined somewhat.

Himself and Sarah are just waiting to happen anyway.

Epicurus wrote: »
    I wouldn't like this. Duncan is a bit of a loveable loser. If he were to suddenly start going with the best looking woman in Carrigstown his character might be ruined somewhat.

Those two together would make me puke. Duncan deserves better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

She's alright looking, I suppose... She looks a tad too D4 for my liking... Give me Neasa any day, though...

Ye she's quite pretty alright and will of course wait to see her act before I pass judgement.

I think Sarah & Duncan are definitely a couple waiting to happen. Not sure about the relationship between her and Keith. But only time will tell.

Question is, when is Keith coming back?

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    A new family sounds good! Hate to say it but I read Yare's twitter, he comes across as a right tool :eek:

:D:D:D I read it too. Also caught his showreel online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmwgGyIK5ko

Anyone got anything on Neasa? Can't find anything at all :D

Gibson101 wrote: »
    :D:D:D I read it too. Also caught his showreel online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmwgGyIK5ko

Anyone got anything on Neasa? Can't find anything at all :D

I'm not stalkerish, trust me :D

She is on facebook :p

http://www.facebook.com/garrihya

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

I'm intrigued as to who this could be;

Didn't Bella have a daughter years ago with Barry's wife or girlfriend?
    Wasn't the baby sick, she could've died. Can anyone remember?
    Would love to see Fair City from the start again like they used to run
    Enders, corrie etc on satelite channels. Used to love the old Corrie episodes.
    They used to show old Fair City on UTV years back in the daytime, I used to record them back in the vcr days. Loved Hannah, Rita's mother, she was gas!:D

Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Didn't Bella have a daughter years ago with Barry's wife or girlfriend?
    Wasn't the baby sick, she could've died. Can anyone remember?
    Would love to see Fair City from the start again like they used to run
    Enders, corrie etc on satelite channels. Used to love the old Corrie episodes.
    They used to show old Fair City on UTV years back in the daytime, I used to record them back in the vcr days. Loved Hannah, Rita's mother, she was gas!:D

It would be a great late-night thing to run the whole show again from the start. It's on about 2,750 episodes now. If they broadcast two every weeknight, It would still take over five years to catch up to where we are now.

And then we'd be watching the 2010 episodes and thinking "Wow, I'd forgotten Zumo was such a hard case before he came out. And wasn't Neasa pretty before she put on all that weight?"

• Advertisement

And then we'd be watching the 2010 episodes and thinking "Wow, I'd forgotten Zumo was such a hard case before he came out. And wasn't Neasa pretty before she put on all that weight?"

:D:D:D

Yeah, you have a point there. Still, it might make him even more of a loser if he had Neasa, and let her get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cheers :D

You didn't actually attempt to add her on Facebook did you Gibson? that's a tad stalkerish...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

It would be a great late-night thing to run the whole show again from the start. It's on about 2,750 episodes now. If they broadcast two every weeknight, It would still take over five years to catch up to where we are now.

If they ran an episode every weekday like they did on UTV ( might've been S4C, the Welsh channel ) or an omnibus Saturday or Sunday morning, wouldn't that be great?:D
    It would seriously gain them loads of viewers. Petition for old episodes yaay!!!

If they ran an episode every weekday like they did on UTV ( might've been S4C, the Welsh channel ) or an omnibus Saturday or Sunday morning, wouldn't that be great?:D
    It would seriously gain them loads of viewers. Petition for old episodes yaay!!!

I suspect it will have to wait until RTE has a digital/cable-only channel, but I'd put my name to that.

You didn't actually attempt to add her on Facebook did you Gibson? that's a tad stalkerish...

No I certainly did not. I think she's good looking and that but nothing more. I do have respect for myself :) Sure it's only harmless banter on this.

I suspect it will have to wait until RTE has a digital/cable-only channel, but I'd put my name to that.

With the way RTE run things, I doubt very much we'll be seeing any sort of movement for the Omnibus. Sure all the other soaps do, why can't they?

Is there any other news on the RTE player? Why is there such a hold-up in that side of things?

No I certainly did not. I think she's good looking and that but nothing more. I do have respect for myself :) Sure it's only harmless banter on this.

In all fairness, don't take any notice. Adding someone on facebook who is famous, is hardly a massive thing, People add famous people on these sites all the time.

I follow quite a few famous people on twitter, go and shoot me now, I reply to them, read their tweets. Hey, gosh I must now be classed as a stalker :rolleyes:

Ignore it.

If these people didn't want to be found, their profiles would be private, It is up to them if they accept a friends request or not.

With the way RTE run things, I doubt very much we'll be seeing any sort of movement for the Omnibus. Sure all the other soaps do, why can't they?

Is there any other news on the RTE player? Why is there such a hold-up in that side of things?

It is because of the actors union and rights for coverage.

In all fairness, don't take any notice. Adding someone on facebook who is famous, is hardly a massive thing, People add famous people on these sites all the time.

I follow quite a few famous people on twitter, go and shoot me now, I reply to them, read their tweets. Hey, gosh I must now be classed as a stalker :rolleyes:

Ignore it.

If these people didn't want to be found, their profiles would be private, It is up to them if they accept a friends request or not.

I don't follow anyone on twitter or any social network, but thank you angel01 for the support. :D
    It is because of the actors union and rights for coverage.

Ok! If its about pay etc which I'm assuming from Unions getting on board why don't they just sort it? Using the internet can only enhance "Fair Citys" appeal abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Thought last night's episode was absolutely brilliant, brought a tear to my eye.
    Good comedy and drama in equal amounts. Yvonne was amazing, as was Bella,
    loving Cas, he's a fantastic addition. Can't get used to the new Mark though and
    as beautiful as Neasa is, I'm not impressed with her acting. She smiles through
    every sentence but maybe she just needs time. :)

I mentioned something along the same lines as this last week. Nessa smirks way too much.

ratmouse wrote: »
    I mentioned something along the same lines as this last week. Nessa smirks way too much.

I think she just needs time. Everyone does and it's a little too early to judge her on the small snippet we've seen of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I was only winding ya up anyway... ;)

I don't follow anyone on twitter or any social network, but thank you angel01 for the support. :D

Ok! If its about pay etc which I'm assuming from Unions getting on board why don't they just sort it? Using the internet can only enhance "Fair Citys" appeal abroad.

I know but I guess we can only wait & see, doesn't bother me too much as I have a dvr so I can record easily.

Seems like someone else likes Zumo :D

He's not in studio this week, but I will pass it on to him. All the best.

and on Yvonne:

No not at all. We haven't heard the last from Yvonne Doyle.

I was only winding ya up anyway... ;)

:D

I have to say, the build up for this story was so well done and executed. It was as if by chance they stumbled across it and kept going with it. Hats off to the writers.

Makes me realise how much I will miss Tracey :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

I think she'll probably come in as Neasa's girlfriend. The show has a terrible lesbian deficit at the moment, and I think that should be rectified.

Meeja, you have been reading my mind!:D

It can't be coincidence that Neasa arrives just in time to take Yvonne's place.

When you think of it, with Connie & Yvonne's departure the show is in danger of losing approx 5%* of viewers (that's 20-25,000 per episode!!:eek:). Surely the writers & producers will have seen that coming and will have taken steps to ensure that no such demographic deficit arises, don't you think?

*This estimate is based on the supposition, often quoted as a statistic but rarely supported by research citations, that 10% of humans are homosexual. Extrapolating from that albeit dubious statistic, it seems reasonable to infer that 5% of any given population is likely to be lesbian. Assuming that the viewers of Fair City constitute a representative sample of the population (however likely or unlikely that may be), one could argue that 5% of the viewers of Fair City are probably lesbian. OK, so it's an argument based on an assumption founded on an inference extrapolated from a dubious statistic, but it's all I've got. Bear with me on this one, please, I'm trying to make a point here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement