Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

Meeja, you have been reading my mind!:D

It can't be coincidence that Neasa arrives just in time to take Yvonne's place.

When you think of it, with Connie & Yvonne's departure the show is in danger of losing approx 5%* of viewers (that's 20-25,000 per episode!!:eek:). Surely the writers & producers will have seen that coming and will have taken steps to ensure that no such demographic deficit arises, don't you think?

*This estimate is based on the supposition, often quoted as a statistic but rarely supported by research citations, that 10% of humans are homosexual. Extrapolating from that albeit dubious statistic, it seems reasonable to infer that 5% of any given population is likely to be lesbian. Assuming that the viewers of Fair City constitute a representative sample of the population (however likely or unlikely that may be), one could argue that 5% of the viewers of Fair City are probably lesbian. OK, so it's an argument based on an assumption founded on an inference extrapolated from a dubious statistic, but it's all I've got. Bear with me on this one, please, I'm trying to make a point here.

Oh I doubt very much, they'll add a new lesbian just for the sake of it. You need to build up to these sort of serious topics and I personally think it'd be ridiculous on the writers part just to do that.

On the other hand, I have mentioned in previous posts that Neasa could be a direct replacement for Yvonne. A younger and hotter femme fatale who comes to carraigstown to do one thing and one thing only....Be the new Yvonne :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Haha I love Robert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

*This estimate is based on the supposition, often quoted as a statistic but rarely supported by research citations, that 10% of humans are homosexual. Extrapolating from that albeit dubious statistic, it seems reasonable to infer that 5% of any given population is likely to be lesbian. Assuming that the viewers of Fair City constitute a representative sample of the population (however likely or unlikely that may be), one could argue that 5% of the viewers of Fair City are probably lesbian. OK, so it's an argument based on an assumption founded on an inference extrapolated from a dubious statistic, but it's all I've got. Bear with me on this one, please, I'm trying to make a point here.

Hey, don't knock arguments based on assumptions founded on inferences extrapolated from dubious statistics. Some of us DREAM of basing an argument on an assumption founded on an inference extrapolated from a dubious statistic.

PS :D

I like Leo being master of the spreadsheet. And I'm delighted to hear that Troy isn't forgotten. He wasn't it it for long, but I think he made a great impact.

Ah Keith is back and so is Sarah. I wonder how their relationship is going to build from here.

• Advertisement

"This is great. I hope she pukes so I can change her again." :D

There's some lovely dialogue here. Great murderous looks from Barry too, when Leo messed up the coupon deal.

If ever there was an ultimatum for both Sarah & Duncan. Will one of them has to go?

Quite a decent episode, looking forward to tomorrows to see who this guy is from Tracey's past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Gibson101 wrote: »
    If ever there was an ultimatum for both Sarah & Duncan. Will one of them has to go?

Quite a decent episode, looking forward to tomorrows to see who this guy is from Tracey's past.

I think he is her previous pimp! good to have another big baddy :D

Can I just say, I just love having Duncan back :D:D:D:D

I laughed at Wayne again, he does make me laugh so easily!

Seems like Yvonne's family don't give a stuff, only Louie really cares :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

G'wan Barry. "well you're not smart Sarah" :D

Love the three grandfathers. Charlie is going to feel left out here.

Epicurus wrote: »
    G'wan Barry. "well you're not smart Sarah" :D

:D Sarah got served, I think is the appropriate phrase here :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I'm hoping Barrys financial woes results in the return of Seamus. Back as head of the Northside Post where he belongs.

Epicurus wrote: »
    I'm hoping Barrys financial woes results in the return of Seamus. Back as head of the Northside Post where he belongs.

Seamus was a good character. Wonder what the status is in his return!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

It would be a great late-night thing to run the whole show again from the start. It's on about 2,750 episodes now. If they broadcast two every weeknight, It would still take over five years to catch up to where we are now.

And then we'd be watching the 2010 episodes and thinking "Wow, I'd forgotten Zumo was such a hard case before he came out. And wasn't Neasa pretty before she put on all that weight?"

:D
    I'd love to see some of the old episodes..see how far FC has come & how young some of the older charcters looked & acted back then!

Oh I doubt very much, they'll add a new lesbian just for the sake of it.

I agree with you there Gibson, I think the Lesbian storyline has gone with Yvonne. I also have a feeling that when & if she returns she will probably be straight again.

And here's her showreel:

http://vimeo.com/6992484

She is also pretty easy on the eye:

507_4b5e065574791.jpg

She looks prettier in the showreel...that pic doesn't do much for her I think. She seems to be better at the comedy stuff...that bit about the niece, she looked like she was going to laugh all the time!

greenie wrote: »
    She looks prettier in the showreel...that pic doesn't do much for her I think. She seems to be better at the comedy stuff...that bit about the niece, she looked like she was going to laugh all the time!

That's all in the Future as I'd Prefer to concentrate on the actors on the show now then potential ones coming in. Sorry ;)

Anywho if barry sells up? What will he end up doing?

That's all in the Future as I'd Prefer to concentrate on the actors on the show now then potential ones coming in. Sorry ;)

I thought it was happening sooner rather than later..anyway I'm multitalented..I can follow the actors on the show now and at the same time wonder what kind of roles new actors will be playing and what they'll bring to the show!:D Always thinking I am!

I thought it was happening sooner rather than later..anyway I'm multitalented..I can follow the actors on the show now and at the same time wonder what kind of roles new actors will be playing and what they'll bring to the show!:D Always thinking I am!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The scene with Robert and Wayne was fantastic... I'm glad they're going to have more scenes together, but hope it won't take away too much from the Wayne/Damien relationship...

Seamus was a good character. Wonder what the status is in his return!:D

He is due back before the end of the year I believe..

• Advertisement

The scene with Robert and Wayne was fantastic... I'm glad they're going to have more scenes together, but hope it won't take away too much from the Wayne/Damien relationship...

We need another lads night out, and this time they have to bring Robert. I'd love to see a bunch of them have a day out somewhere.

Should be interesting when Wayne moves into the apartment, should make some comical scenes with Robert :D

Looking forward to seeing what Ritchie has to offer, should be some good scenes with Tracey's past coming back to haunt her.

angel01 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing what Ritchie has to offer, should be some good scenes with Tracey's past coming back to haunt her.

Yes, I hope that will be good. They've been quite clever about it so far. There have been a few reminders recently that Tracey used to be a prostitute and a heroin user. I don't know if they're just being helpful for new viewers, or if that's where she's going to end up again.

I also really like the way they've brought in the new villain. It's completely believable that people like that end up as debt collectors (mentioning no real-life names). Tracey made it inevitable that Damien would concede the job to someone else. And suddenly we have a new thug in Carrigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Didn't Bella have a daughter years ago with Barry's wife or girlfriend?
    Wasn't the baby sick, she could've died. Can anyone remember?
    Would love to see Fair City from the start again like they used to run
    Enders, corrie etc on satelite channels. Used to love the old Corrie episodes.
    They used to show old Fair City on UTV years back in the daytime, I used to record them back in the vcr days. Loved Hannah, Rita's mother, she was gas!:D

Yes I think her name was Linda and she went to live in Galway when the "scandal" broke and to the best of my knowledge the child did die - and I think the mother also died (not sure though).

With regards to RTE reshowing old episodes this won't happen ever as RTE are too busy re-running Dallas, Hi-De-Hi, Kojak and other imported crap.

deelite, just seen I had a response from the producer of the show lol. :D

I've noticed some of your posts are quite early in the morning - so I'm guessing at this stage you're Alan Hughes......:D or maybe "Lindy" from RTE 2 radio - :p

I've still got no reply btw.

deelite wrote: »
    I've noticed some of your posts are quite early in the morning - so I'm guessing at this stage you're Alan Hughes......:D or maybe "Lindy" from RTE 2 radio - :p

I've still got no reply btw.

PMSL :D

That is so weird, I got two replies to my original email :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I agree with you there Gibson, I think the Lesbian storyline has gone with Yvonne. I also have a feeling that when & if she returns she will probably be straight again.

And maybe played by another actress

Deise Tom wrote: »
    And maybe played by another actress

I really hope not, she has come back as the original actress and Ciara did say in the interview, she would return to the show so I think it is just a break for her :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

We need another lads night out, and this time they have to bring Robert. I'd love to see a bunch of them have a day out somewhere.

Robert is brilliant, i think. Did not like him at the start but he has grown on me. He is just himself and does not do things or say things just to be popular with the others.

• Advertisement

PMSL :D

That is so weird, I got two replies to my original email :eek:

Now I know how Bosco felt not getting an invitation for the Now Awards - even though he was nominated.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement