Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

ye he sounds like a lovely chap. Just listened to the interview there. Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

angel01 wrote: »
    He comes across as lovely but I could have told you that ;):D

Aye, he's a dreamboat alright. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Thanks, Ep. He comes across as a very nice guy, doesn't he? Although I still wouldn't spill a drink on him. "I'd like to have a go at Tony Tormey, now. Paul needs a smack."

I hope he wins the TV Now thing tomorrow, but I have my doubts about it. He is a brilliant actor, but I think the awards always favour TV3.

He's been one of the stars of Fair City recently

Didn't he already have Paul when Niamh & Orla were taking care of the bears/drugs :confused:
    Aye, he's a dreamboat alright. :D

Just like his brother :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

:D Ah now. That shrine is long neglected. Angel will always be faithful to Louie. (And in fairness to Louie, he also has the advantage of being able to act.)

I was talking to my mother about Fair City recently, and her main complaint was the lack of male eye candy. "They finally introduce someone handsome, and what do they do? They stick him in the attic over the charity shop, and we haven't seen him since!" So I guess Avi has at least one fan.

Oooh noo!! Lots of hotties on FC!! Damian, Louie, Dean, Keith,Robert! Best of all the soaps methinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

:D Ah now. That shrine is long neglected. Angel will always be faithful to Louie. (And in fairness to Louie, he also has the advantage of being able to act.)

I was talking to my mother about Fair City recently, and her main complaint was the lack of male eye candy. "They finally introduce someone handsome, and what do they do? They stick him in the attic over the charity shop, and we haven't seen him since!" So I guess Avi has at least one fan.

Bloody hell, Fair City has loads of male hotties.. does she need glasses or has she missed all of Louie's scenes ;):D

• Advertisement

Bloody hell, Fair City has loads of male hotties.. does she need glasses or has she missed all of Louie's scenes ;):D

I think the problem is the high standard of handsomeness in her family. ;)

I think the problem is the high standard of handsomeness in her family. ;)

Oh of course :p

Just saw this on the fair city twitter:

#Faircity goes from strength to strength - Last week's audience share exceeded 40%.

That is impressive :D

Where can you view tv ratings, aertel only has ratings from April

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Has Charlie ever asked about the vase he left with Christy for safe-keeping ever been mentioned again.

Some pics of the TV Now Awards

vexezk.jpg
    2v0zl21.jpg
    ei1ph3.jpg
    2wcfi4j.jpg
    332njol.jpg

awards are being shown tomorrow 8pm TV3

Some more pictures!

Zumo scrubs up well ;):D

http://entertainment.ie/caughtout/TV-Now-Awards-2010/1040/4630398604.htm

I love Leo's suit :eek::D

Carol's dress was like a tent.. Geez I hope she isn't pregnant :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Some more pictures!

Zumo scrubs up well ;):D

http://entertainment.ie/caughtout/TV-Now-Awards-2010/1040/4630398604.htm

I love Leo's suit :eek::D

Carol's dress was like a tent.. Geez I hope she isn't pregnant :eek:

Hi Angel01. Any idea or hints as to who won what? It appears to be a closely guarded secret, can't find results anywhere.

rogercar wrote: »
    Hi Angel01. Any idea or hints as to who won what? It appears to be a closely guarded secret, can't find results anywhere.

I think Corrie may have won best soap but I can't seem to find results anywhere either :(

I think Corrie may have won best soap but I can't seem to find results anywhere either :(

Here ye go

http://www.dublins98.ie/onair/shows/showbiz-show-shows-onair/walkers-tv-now-awards-on-now-in-dublin943/

From looking at this pic, Sarah doesn't look very pregnant? (from the tvnow nominations announcement)

124iopg.jpg

So the only blooming winner was Tony Tormey, can I just say WTF????? :rolleyes::eek::eek::eek:

Ye I'm happy to hear Tony won. Pretty sad the show didn't win it overall as its by far the best soap at the moment. Zumo not winning either is a pretty low point as well. :(

There is always next year..

Gibson101 wrote: »
    Ye I'm happy to hear Tony won. Pretty sad the show didn't win it overall as its by far the best soap at the moment. Zumo not winning either is a pretty low point as well. :(

There is always next year..

The TV3 bias is as strong as ever :( No point really watching the awards tomorrow (no offence Tony) :(:(

Zumo and the soap should have won. It is the strongest one at the moment.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Thanks Angel. Aforegone conclusion i suppose with TV3 being the broadcaster. Well at least FC got one, and in fairness Tony Tormey is a very good actor. But overall I'm disappointed with the results. Fair City were robbed. They should have one best soap.

The TV3 bias is as strong as ever :( No point really watching the awards tomorrow (no offence Tony) :(:(

No your right. All the people that won seem to be from TV3, However the Clinic won and so did the Late Late Show so its not all TV3

I'm in complete agreement. How can they be allowed rigg the results like that? What a disgrace!

• Advertisement

No your right. All the people that won seem to be from TV3, However the Clinic won and so did the Late Late Show so its not all TV3
    Ya sure, but let's face it, TV3 have not many homegrown shows, certainly no home made drama or chat shows. If they didn't have the UK soaps and reality rubbish,they would have nothing much to show. I usually watch Corrie etv on UTV.

Epicurus wrote: »

That interview only has all the corrie or emmerdale actors, no one from Fair City which is a little bit annoying. I'm sick to death of people especially our own media not taking our own home grown shows seriously.

What exactly do they do better then Fair City...Nawt :mad:

That interview only has all the corrie or emmerdale actors, no one from Fair City which is a little bit annoying. I'm sick to death of people especially our own media not taking our own home grown shows seriously.

I agree, that is what angers me, Fair City cast should at least have been interviewed. :(:(

Gibson101, it's a TV3 bias. Corrie and Emmerdale are shown on TV3. They're just promoting "their own shows",seeing as they can't make any of their own (unless it's tacky early morning/afternoon shows) as they havn't got the resources or finance. I dare them to try and make a soap/drama that is half as good as Fair City! (Rant over!) :(

I have sent a tweet to Dec from 98Fm telling him that I wasn't happy they didn't interview anyone from Fair City. He said he would pass it on. We should be promoting irish shows.

I have sent a tweet to Dec from 98Fm telling him that I wasn't happy they didn't interview anyone from Fair City. He said he would pass it on. We should be promoting irish shows.

Fair play to you, Angel.

I'm very happy for Tony Tormey, but I can't believe Fair City didn't get the general award. Or if not Fair City, then Eastenders. I think everyone would acknowledge that Corrie is going through a very rough patch at the moment, whereas FC and EE have both been very strong. They also have much more viewers in Ireland than Corrie. So where did the votes come from?

It really does look like the same old TV3 bias.

Gibson101, it's a TV3 bias. Corrie and Emmerdale are shown on TV3. They're just promoting "their own shows",seeing as they can't make any of their own (unless it's tacky early morning/afternoon shows) as they havn't got the resources or finance. I dare them to try and make a soap/drama that is half as good as Fair City! (Rant over!) :(

So what's the point in Fair City been involved with these awards if that is the general consensus? And why is it that only TV3 are producing these award shows better then what RTE are doing. Why can't RTE do their own awards shows? Also, I watched the soap awards a couple of nights ago and that was produced by UTV yet Eastenders (Which is a BBC show) won most of the awards. I didn't see any bias here. Only happens in Ireland I suppose.

Well done Angel. I look forward to his response with bated breath :rolleyes:
    I'm very happy for Tony Tormey, but I can't believe Fair City didn't get the general award. Or if not Fair City, then Eastenders. I think everyone would acknowledge that Corrie is going through a very rough patch at the moment, whereas FC and EE have both been very strong. They also have much more viewers in Ireland than Corrie. So where did the votes come from?

It really does look like the same old TV3 bias.

Corrie is poor at the moment. The media once again have made more of a big deal with the lesbian girls on that show then they did with the lesbian relationship with connie and yvonne in Fair City. Its like it still has that stigma attached to it as been a poor show when quite frankly its the best its ever been at the moment. The actors across the board are stronger, stories are better. What more do they want?

Rant over but I'm really peeved about the whole situation!!!!!!!!!

Delighted for Tony Tormey; much deserved winner.

• Advertisement

Rant over but I'm really peeved about the whole situation!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree with your every word, Fair City should have got more awards than it did and no offence to Tony but I think others should have got it. I thought Clelia Murphy would have won an award and Zumo was robbed :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement