Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

angel01 wrote: »
    I really hope not, she has come back as the original actress and Ciara did say in the interview, she would return to the show so I think it is just a break for her :)

I hope she is back as well, but is it really up to her. If she is not available for whatever reason when the script writers what to bring her back, then those behind the show will have no problem recasting the role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I hope she is back as well, but is it really up to her. If she is not available for whatever reason when the script writers what to bring her back, then those behind the show will have no problem recasting the role.

I doubt very much they'll ever recast the role of Yvonne. Yes they have done it for Mark which is fine, but Yvonne is such a pinnacle player in Carraigstown. Would be a travesty if they did :( I'm sure she'll be back soon, all actors at some stage need to spread their wings and in way makes it more interesting to see them in other roles.

Took me a while as well to get used to Robert, but with the stories I've seen him do he's been excellent.

Super Excited about the new villian in town. Hopefully, he has something excellent to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Gibson101 wrote: »
    I doubt very much they'll ever recast the role of Yvonne. Yes they have done it for Mark which is fine, but Yvonne is such a pinnacle player in Carraigstown. Would be a travesty if they did :( I'm sure she'll be back soon, all actors at some stage need to spread their wings and in way makes it more interesting to see them in other roles.

Took me a while as well to get used to Robert, but with the stories I've seen him do he's been excellent.

Super Excited about the new villian in town. Hopefully, he has something excellent to offer.

I would rather Yvonne not come back at all if it isn't Ciara O'Callaghan playing her, she is such an important person and Ciara has made that role her own, wouldn't like to see anyone else playing that role.

I would rather Yvonne not come back at all if it isn't Ciara O'Callaghan playing her, she is such an important person and Ciara has made that role her own, wouldn't like to see anyone else playing that role.

Well you can rest easy with the knowledge that I doubt the producers are stupid enough to let that happen :)

If anyone is interested that new girl that is joining Fair City is in this production that is in the Samuel Beckett Theatre over the next few days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwhSKoAj0p0

http://twitter.com/striketheplay

• Advertisement

If anyone is interested that new girl that is joining Fair City is in this production that is in the Samuel Beckett Theatre over the next few days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwhSKoAj0p0

http://twitter.com/striketheplay

Which one is she?:confused:

Which one is she?:confused:

She isn't in that video, she is one of the characters that is involved with going on strike.

She isn't in that video, she is one of the characters that is involved with going on strike.

Cool. I always like seeing the Fair City Actors doing other work. I went to see Hilda Fay in "Little Gem" I think it was and thought she was excellent.

Cool. I always like seeing the Fair City Actors doing other work. I went to see Hilda Fay in "Little Gem" I think it was and thought she was excellent.

She is wonderful in theatre work, this sounds quite a small intimate play. I wish I had have known about it in advance :(

There is plenty of other Characters other than Mark they have re-cast

• Advertisement

000353ef-545.jpg

Business man, estranged Father, former drug addict, there is a lot more to Louie Gleeson than the starched suit. Louie has made a successful venture of his move to Ireland, with McCoys, the Hungry Pig and Vinos all part of his empire, is Louie trying to take over Carrigstown?

During a break in Alan Devine's very busy filming schedule, we posed some of your questions to him.
    What do you feel are Louie's strengths and his weaknesses?
    Louie works hard, is straight, honest and loyal. He doesn't cheat, and he respects the law. He doesn't suffer fools, and he has no time for the lazy. He knows how far to push people, and knows when to back off. He can read a situation very well, and is never afraid to step in if he sees unfairness, or an injustice.
    Will Louie ever get custody of his children, and do you think we will see his ex-wife appear on the show?
    The only good thing to come of his disastrous marriage to Ingrid is his two children, Joey and Clara. But due to his own appalling behavior, he is not allowed to see them.
    After a bitter dispute, he essentially had to hand custody over to his ex-wife. It galls him that he is powerless to change this situation, but even worse he is terrified that Joey and Clara will forget all about him, or will grow up hating him.
    If Ingrid did show up in Carrigstown, he could be delighted to see his kids, but also very suspicious of his ex-wife's motives.
    Louie is a fascinating character - always scheming, always trying to get the upper hand, and for what? Behind his cold businesslike mask, what is it that drives him?
    I don't consider Louie to be 'always' scheming, but he does keep an eye out for any opportunity to gain that extra advantage. It's perfectly reasonable to try to gain the upper hand, after all, business is all about profit and loss. You either win or you go out of business.
    Louie is a self-made man, who is driven by a very strong work ethic, but he also does actually enjoy the cut and the thrust of doing deals. And he gets a real kick out of finding bargains, and making money.
    He believes that if you honest, and put 100% effort into your work, then there should be no whinging or excuses, if for some reason, it fails.
    How has the character grown, and changed since you first began to play him?
    When Louie first arrived in Carrigstown, he was determined to stamp his mark on things. He was all business. His attitude was, 'this is the way I do things, and you are either with me, or against me'. People thought Louie was unreasonable, but in Louie's world it's everyone else who is unreasonable.
    Once he had established himself, he became aware that barking orders, and shouting the odds, will only get you so far with people. He has had to discover some flexibility. After all who wants to spend their hard earned money in a restaurant, or pub, where the workers are miserable, and the owner is a hard nosed so and so!
    If you could open any business for Louie to run, what would it be?
    I think Louie would be perfectly suited to running a bookmakers. A constant flow of punters and cash, and with Louie's smart risk management skills, the odds would always be in his favour. 'Gamblers' will always gamble recession or no. Low overheads and high profit levels would be heaven for Louie.
    What are your favourite films to watch?
    The Good, The Bad and the Ugly: Goodfellas: Alien 1, 2 & 3: Field of Dreams: Carlitos Way: The Crossing Guard.
    If there was one woman in Carrigstown that Louie could settle down and be happy with, who do you think it would be?
    When he first met Yvonne, Louie was attracted to this fiery woman who is not afraid to swim against the tide, she gave as good as she got. He fell in love and even proposed to her only to have the stuffing knocked out of him when Connie arrived, and then the whole pregnancy saga. Despite all that he stayed loyal and loves her, but as for settling down and being happy? Well it never works out that simple when you are dealing with two such hot headed, forceful characters, as Louie and Yvonne. If they did settle down, I know that I wouldn't like to be living next door!!

Thanks for your questions,
    Alan Devine.

Quite short interview I thought :eek::(

There is plenty of other Characters other than Mark they have re-cast

Noone as big and important as Yvonne. It wouldn't work. That would be like recasting Tracey or Carol :eek::eek:

000353ef-545.jpg

Business man, estranged Father, former drug addict, there is a lot more to Louie Gleeson than the starched suit. Louie has made a successful venture of his move to Ireland, with McCoys, the Hungry Pig and Vinos all part of his empire, is Louie trying to take over Carrigstown?

During a break in Alan Devine's very busy filming schedule, we posed some of your questions to him.
    What do you feel are Louie's strengths and his weaknesses?
    Louie works hard, is straight, honest and loyal. He doesn't cheat, and he respects the law. He doesn't suffer fools, and he has no time for the lazy. He knows how far to push people, and knows when to back off. He can read a situation very well, and is never afraid to step in if he sees unfairness, or an injustice.
    Will Louie ever get custody of his children, and do you think we will see his ex-wife appear on the show?
    The only good thing to come of his disastrous marriage to Ingrid is his two children, Joey and Clara. But due to his own appalling behavior, he is not allowed to see them.
    After a bitter dispute, he essentially had to hand custody over to his ex-wife. It galls him that he is powerless to change this situation, but even worse he is terrified that Joey and Clara will forget all about him, or will grow up hating him.
    If Ingrid did show up in Carrigstown, he could be delighted to see his kids, but also very suspicious of his ex-wife's motives.
    Louie is a fascinating character - always scheming, always trying to get the upper hand, and for what? Behind his cold businesslike mask, what is it that drives him?
    I don't consider Louie to be 'always' scheming, but he does keep an eye out for any opportunity to gain that extra advantage. It's perfectly reasonable to try to gain the upper hand, after all, business is all about profit and loss. You either win or you go out of business.
    Louie is a self-made man, who is driven by a very strong work ethic, but he also does actually enjoy the cut and the thrust of doing deals. And he gets a real kick out of finding bargains, and making money.
    He believes that if you honest, and put 100% effort into your work, then there should be no whinging or excuses, if for some reason, it fails.
    How has the character grown, and changed since you first began to play him?
    When Louie first arrived in Carrigstown, he was determined to stamp his mark on things. He was all business. His attitude was, 'this is the way I do things, and you are either with me, or against me'. People thought Louie was unreasonable, but in Louie's world it's everyone else who is unreasonable.
    Once he had established himself, he became aware that barking orders, and shouting the odds, will only get you so far with people. He has had to discover some flexibility. After all who wants to spend their hard earned money in a restaurant, or pub, where the workers are miserable, and the owner is a hard nosed so and so!
    If you could open any business for Louie to run, what would it be?
    I think Louie would be perfectly suited to running a bookmakers. A constant flow of punters and cash, and with Louie's smart risk management skills, the odds would always be in his favour. 'Gamblers' will always gamble recession or no. Low overheads and high profit levels would be heaven for Louie.
    What are your favourite films to watch?
    The Good, The Bad and the Ugly: Goodfellas: Alien 1, 2 & 3: Field of Dreams: Carlitos Way: The Crossing Guard.
    If there was one woman in Carrigstown that Louie could settle down and be happy with, who do you think it would be?
    When he first met Yvonne, Louie was attracted to this fiery woman who is not afraid to swim against the tide, she gave as good as she got. He fell in love and even proposed to her only to have the stuffing knocked out of him when Connie arrived, and then the whole pregnancy saga. Despite all that he stayed loyal and loves her, but as for settling down and being happy? Well it never works out that simple when you are dealing with two such hot headed, forceful characters, as Louie and Yvonne. If they did settle down, I know that I wouldn't like to be living next door!!

Thanks for your questions,
    Alan Devine.

Quite short interview I thought :eek::(

It was very short wasn't it? No one posing as many questions as they should have?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

It was very short wasn't it? No one posing as many questions as they should have?? :(

I think probably a lot of Angel's questions had to be answered privately....

I think probably a lot of Angel's questions had to be answered privately....

:D:D:D:D

I am quite dissapointed by that :( I think even rubbish characters got more questions asked than that.. Hmm.. in a sulk now :mad:

00035409-545.jpg

There's a new debt collector in town.

Damien has no concept of the terror that will be unleashed when he passes Tracey off his client list, to fellow collector Ritchie Lennon.

When Tracey was a vulnerable lonely teenager she fell under the spell of Ritchie Lennon, and when his violence and malevolence surfaced, it took a lot before Tracey could extradite herself.

Ritchie is a tough, threatening character who has used violence in his criminal past, and now on his recent release from prison, continues to have criminal ambitions. He remembers every injury done to him - both physically and to his reputation. He can be charming when he needs to be and occasionally sentimental.

Ritchie's menacing nature is amplified by the fact that he doesn't feel the need to advertise it - it's the subtle style of his intimidation that makes it all the more terrifying.

Since his release, he has found employment with ARC Debt Collections. And was delighted to see a familiar name on his work list; with Tracey's help he'll be back in business in no time, at least he hopes so!

Ritchie Lennon is played by Ronnie McCann, whose other television credits include; Casualty, The Bill, Eastenders and Taggart.

00035409-545.jpg

There's a new debt collector in town.

Damien has no concept of the terror that will be unleashed when he passes Tracey off his client list, to fellow collector Ritchie Lennon.

When Tracey was a vulnerable lonely teenager she fell under the spell of Ritchie Lennon, and when his violence and malevolence surfaced, it took a lot before Tracey could extradite herself.

Ritchie is a tough, threatening character who has used violence in his criminal past, and now on his recent release from prison, continues to have criminal ambitions. He remembers every injury done to him - both physically and to his reputation. He can be charming when he needs to be and occasionally sentimental.

Ritchie's menacing nature is amplified by the fact that he doesn't feel the need to advertise it - it's the subtle style of his intimidation that makes it all the more terrifying.

Since his release, he has found employment with ARC Debt Collections. And was delighted to see a familiar name on his work list; with Tracey's help he'll be back in business in no time, at least he hopes so!

Ritchie Lennon is played by Ronnie McCann, whose other television credits include; Casualty, The Bill, Eastenders and Taggart.

Sounds really exciting this does. Nice to see them getting a little bit grittier with their characters.

Fear not folks!! due to Alan's busy filming schedule, that was only part 1 :D:D:D Part 2 will go up soon I believe *happy Angel returns* :D

I like what he says about his kids in the interview and ex wife :D

They say there was a high number of questions ;)

Fear not folks!! due to Alan's busy filming schedule, that was only part 1 :D:D:D Part 2 will go up soon I believe *happy Angel returns* :D

I like what he says about his kids in the interview and ex wife :D

They say there was a high number of questions ;)

Cool. Glad to hear it. Angel01 will be best pleased with that now.

• Advertisement

Cool. Glad to hear it. Angel01 will be best pleased with that now.

I am ;) I was thinking the interview was too short, good sign that he is really busy filming then :D

New Poll on the fair city site folks, you may be interested ;)

Who would you prefer to see Damien with? Suzanne or Neasa! This week's #Faircity poll http://bit.ly/aGvO25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

0003549a-545.jpg

Fair City website Competition Number 14

To be in with a chance to win some Fair City merchandise, answer the following question.

What was the Hungry Pig called, before it was the Hungry Pig?
    To enter the competition
    . Send an email to faircity@rte.ie.
    . Please put Competition No. 14 in the subject line.
    . In your email, tell us your answer.
    . And don't forget to include your name and full postal address.
    Only one answer per person will be entered in the draw.
    The closing date is the 9th June 2010. The correct answer will be published on the website on Thursday the 10th of June 2010. The name of the winner will be published with the correct answer. If you prefer not to have your name published, please let us know in your email.
    The Fair City team look forward to receiving your entries. Best of luck!

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/competition14.html

00035499-545.jpg

Competition 13

We asked you..

How many times has Paul Brennan been married?
    The answer is ....(drum roll)....twice.
    Once to Nicola and once to Niamh, Paul never divorced Niamh after their first break up; the joint ceremony planned with Gina and Ray was only a blessing.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/2010/0526/comp13winner.html

Noone as big and important as Yvonne. It wouldn't work. That would be like recasting Tracey or Carol :eek::eek:

Kay McCoy was a fairly important character

Kay McCoy was a fairly important character

And that skinny guy who used to play Paul had a lot more hair than the current award-winner.

Does anyone think the new villain looks a bit like WIlliam H Macy?

I love this Ritchie guy. Tracey is definitely going to be dragged back into her past life or perilously close to it. Great to see Louie being all protective of her.

Evil b!tch Sarah :mad: Leave Duncan alone.

Esther seems quite taken with Ruthie. I'd say she'd love a grandmother role there. There's two single grandfathers and Belas wandering eye availabe. Who'll she choose.

Epicurus wrote: »
    I love this Ritchie guy.

Yes you are right i also like his this character and all other is very good and i like them. all of you gave very good information thanks for sharing this wonderful information.

Brrrr! :eek: I don't know what came over me there. It was almost like I was channeling some random spambot.

Seriously, I do like Ritchie. It's been a long time since Fair City had any pwopah villains, and I think Ritchie might be the next one. As much as I liked the Annette story, I always thought Bill was a bit mannered. This guy looks like someone you really don't want to meet.

On a different note entirely, who is the BLOODY IDIOT who presses play on the tapes at RTE? How hard is it not to start the show until 7:30? I understand when things run late. It's sometimes unavoidable. But running early? What kind of dribbling moron can't just play another ad?

I would like to proclaim, I love Ritchie :D Gosh he plays evil well, he oozes class and experience I think. I like how he can go from nice to evil in a matter of seconds. I liked Louie being protective too.. I fear nasty times for Tracey.. but Ritchie is brilliant, great addition :)

I was laughing reading the spambot :eek::D

I agree Meeja, grrr... I missed the first few mins of it.. :mad:

Wayne was brilliant again tonight, I love his conversations with Dolores and the comedy there with Cleo :D

• Advertisement

For those interested ..

They will be having a Meet the director or Cameraman/woman on the fair city site, if you are interested in asking any questions, send them to faircity@rte.ie or send them a tweet @rtefaircity

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement