Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

I agree. FC is at it's best now. Charlie Kelly annoys me with his silly "posh" accent, but I expect that is part of his character. Don't like TJ, wonder what ever happened to his Mother? I think she was a singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

blondie7 wrote: »
    i reckon, neassa will start blackmailing Damien over there night of passion, either that or she gets pregnant :D

+1. When they locked lips I thought "there goes the debt....here comes the pain."
    Gibson101 wrote: »
    Either way it doesn't bode well for Damien, when suzanne finds out. Could be the beginning of the end. Really starting to enjoy how the stories are starting to shape up. Long may it continue.

FYP ;). Its a soap, everyone always finds out about everything......unless your name is Dick Byrne and you torch your own factory with a cigar...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Sneak peak at Sundays script :D

A sneak preview at the script for Sunday's Episode.

Last night hurricane Yvonne tore through Carrigstown, with Paul, Niamh and Bela barely surviving her wrath.

So what now for Yvonne? Raising Ruth alone, without the support of Connie, her family, Ruth's father? Under the influence of Yvonne, will Ruth grow up to be the next soap diva?

For any of you who can't wait for Sunday night's episode, below is an exclusive sneak peek at the script. So if you don't appreciate spoilers, click away now.
    Niamh
    I swear to you. On my Mam's memory. I won't try to take her from you. Ever again. But I'll be an aunt for her. And if you want me to, I'll be a sister to you.
    (ON YVONNE)
    Yvonne, stay with us. We're your family.
    (ON YVONNE)
    Niamh
    I'm not a bad person.
    Yvonne
    I know that. God, I know that.
    Niamh
    But neither are you.
    (YVONNE SHAKES HER HEAD VIOLENTLY, REACTING.)
    Yvonne
    No. Don't say that. That's not true, and you know it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

angel01 wrote: »
    Sneak peak at Sundays script :D

A sneak preview at the script for Sunday's Episode.

Last night hurricane Yvonne tore through Carrigstown, with Paul, Niamh and Bela barely surviving her wrath.

So what now for Yvonne? Raising Ruth alone, without the support of Connie, her family, Ruth's father? Under the influence of Yvonne, will Ruth grow up to be the next soap diva?

For any of you who can't wait for Sunday night's episode, below is an exclusive sneak peek at the script. So if you don't appreciate spoilers, click away now.
    Niamh
    I swear to you. On my Mam's memory. I won't try to take her from you. Ever again. But I'll be an aunt for her. And if you want me to, I'll be a sister to you.
    (ON YVONNE)
    Yvonne, stay with us. We're your family.
    (ON YVONNE)
    Niamh
    I'm not a bad person.
    Yvonne
    I know that. God, I know that.
    Niamh
    But neither are you.
    (YVONNE SHAKES HER HEAD VIOLENTLY, REACTING.)
    Yvonne
    No. Don't say that. That's not true, and you know it isn't.

Hmmmmmmm....Where did you steal this from :D

RVD420 wrote: »
    FYP ;). Its a soap, everyone always finds out about everything......unless your name is Dick Byrne and you torch your own factory with a cigar...:D

Thank you :D

• Advertisement

Hmmmmmmm....Where did you steal this from :D

The fair city site your honour ;)

rogercar wrote: »
    I agree. FC is at it's best now. Charlie Kelly annoys me with his silly "posh" accent, but I expect that is part of his character. Don't like TJ, wonder what ever happened to his Mother? I think she was a singer.

She has probably like all the others gone to London :D:D

ooh just found this..

http://url.ie/68xj (sorry had to shorten the link)

I think I may use this more often :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Anyone notice how yer one Nessa never stops smirking, liking never stops, not once from start to finish of each scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

ratmouse wrote: »
    Anyone notice how yer one Nessa never stops smirking, smiling radiantly, casting a serene and beatific glow on all who see her, like never stops, not once from start to finish of each scene?

Fixed your post, ratmouse. It could just save you when the angry horde of Neasaphiles sweeps down from the mountain with daggers drawn.

• Advertisement

I was laughing when I was listening on 2fm and JimJim was talking about Bela and how ridiculously high pitched his voice has gone, it made me laugh when they played the clips :D

Fixed your post, ratmouse. It could just save you when the angry horde of Neasaphiles sweeps down from the mountain with daggers drawn.

Just my observation. I think she's absolutely stunning butI beleive the use of the word smirk be a more appropriate description!

Ratmouse, you may be right. I've followed Angel's lead, and found a couple of scenes online. Here's one from later in the year. Check out that last stage direction.
    Damien
    Don't be so cold, Neasa. Look at everything I gave up for you. You didn't like my wife, so I buried her in the garden. Mark's Walkman annoyed you, so I threw him down a well.

Neasa
    I'm not saying you haven't been kind.
    Damien
    Then why are you so distant? Is there - is there someone else?
    (SHE SUDDENLY LOOKS GUILTY. SHE SLAMS SHUT HER LAPTOP)

Neasa
    Of course there isn't. How could any man compete with you?
    Damien
    Thank God for that.

(HE LEAVES. NEASA OPENS THE LAPTOP AGAIN. WE SEE THE NAMES "CAPTAIN NEGATIVE", "GIBSON101" AND "SILVIO DANTE" FLASH BY, EACH SURROUNDED BY A GARLAND OF HEARTS AND FLOWERS. SHE SMIRKS TO HERSELF.)

Neasa
    Any one man, that is....
    Case closed! :)

Ratmouse, you may be right. I've followed Angel's lead, and found a couple of scenes online. Here's one from later in the year. Check out that last stage direction.

Damien

Don't be so cold, Neasa. Look at everything I gave up for you. You didn't like my wife, so I buried her in the garden. Mark's Walkman annoyed you, so I threw him down a well.

Neasa

Damien

Neasa

Damien
    Thank God for that.

(HE LEAVES. NEASA OPENS THE LAPTOP AGAIN. WE SEE THE NAMES "CAPTAIN NEGATIVE", "GIBSON101" AND "SILVIO DANTE" FLASH BY, EACH SURROUNDED BY A GARLAND OF HEARTS AND FLOWERS. SHE SMIRKS TO HERSELF.)

Neasa
    Any one man, that is....

Ha ha!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

rogercar wrote: »

Or his father. I don't think Anthony has been around since Annette died.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Or his father. I don't think Anthony has been around since Annette died.

That's true. He hasn't been in it in ages.

I'm glad someone changed that post :D

She is such a breast of fresh air, I mean breath sorry guys :D

I'm glad someone changed that post :D

She is such a breast of fresh air, I mean breath sorry guys :D

Suppose the appeal of having such a stuuning new female charcter must be equivalent, in terms of eye candy, to all those years ago when Donal Maher's seriously good looking son was introduced to the show and became the resident hottie! Anyone remember him? Think his name was Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Suppose the appeal of having such a stuuning new female charcter must be equivalent, in terms of eye candy, to all those years ago when Donal Maher's seriously good looking son was introduced to the show and became the resident hottie! Anyone remember him? Think his name was Brian.

No I can't remember him at all - but I suppose Angel01 does - she probably had a shrine dedicated to him.....

The show has badly needed someone like that Neasa to compare with the likes of eastenders, emmerdale, cornation street etc when it comes to female species. Everyone of them has it so why can't FC.

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    No I can't remember him at all - but I suppose Angel01 does - she probably had a shrine dedicated to him.....

:D Ah now. That shrine is long neglected. Angel will always be faithful to Louie. (And in fairness to Louie, he also has the advantage of being able to act.)

I was talking to my mother about Fair City recently, and her main complaint was the lack of male eye candy. "They finally introduce someone handsome, and what do they do? They stick him in the attic over the charity shop, and we haven't seen him since!" So I guess Avi has at least one fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Damien

Neasa

Damien

Neasa

Damien

Thank God for that.
    Neasa
    Any one man, that is....

Damn, you just gave away all the storylines I was gonna bring to the show, when I join the writing team... How you knew I was gonna have Suzanne buried alive in the garden and Mark thrown down a well, I'll never know... That's some damn good guessing... :D;)

They stick him in the attic over the charity shop, and we haven't seen him since!" So I guess Avi has at least one fan.

The writers in my view haven't been able to cope with the "foreign" actors properly. I presume its new to them and they are still finding their feet so I'm sure it'll take time before we see Avi gracing our scenes doing something decent

Anything along the lines of that knitting story and their in trouble :D

I'm trying to find the radio interview with Zumo online. Does anyone know where it is, or is it available at all?

Damn, you just gave away all the storylines I was gonna bring to the show, when I join the writing team... How you knew I was gonna have Suzanne buried alive in the garden and Mark thrown down a well, I'll never know... That's some damn good guessing... :D;)

Oh, right. Sure. "When I join the writing team!" We all know you're a mole, Captain Negative. I just can't figure out if you're the storyliner or one of the producers.

Any chance of Neasa's older sister turning up, by the way? She's cute, but she's on the young side for an elder lemon like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I'm trying to find the radio interview with Zumo online. Does anyone know where it is, or is it available at all?

http://2fm.rte.ie/show/51/

Listen Back

158:2 in

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Oh, right. Sure. "When I join the writing team!" We all know you're a mole, Captain Negative. I just can't figure out if you're the storyliner or one of the producers.

I wish...

Epicurus wrote: »
    http://2fm.rte.ie/show/51/

Listen Back

158:2 in

Thanks, Ep. He comes across as a very nice guy, doesn't he? Although I still wouldn't spill a drink on him. "I'd like to have a go at Tony Tormey, now. Paul needs a smack."

I hope he wins the TV Now thing tomorrow, but I have my doubts about it. He is a brilliant actor, but I think the awards always favour TV3.

That beverage quiz was funny too. I might start listening to these guys.

I hope he wins the TV Now thing tomorrow, but I have my doubts about it. He is a brilliant actor, but I think the awards always favour TV3.

Ye he's another one that seems to have blossomed with the new storylines he's been given. Really am a fan of him and hopefully he has some more brilliant storys to come.

• Advertisement

He comes across as lovely but I could have told you that ;):D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement