Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Citywest Village Launch Spring 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spencer33

We were told just the extractor fan.

Did you book one

We were told "not even" the extractor fan in phase 1, but I think they were wrong on that as we peaked in an almost finished house and there was one there..
    Not a big deal really.

Was there any discussion on variation to the build? Extra sockets, taps, tv points etc?
    I know we received a big NO at the time we booked.

Congrats to those who booked, hopefully they're complete soon enough, February can't come soon enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yautja27

Wow, crazy to see the Redwood we purchased has gone up €30,000!! We are going to head down to the site today and have another look around, our house is 3/5's the way up!

@Spencer33 February definitely cannot come quick enough.

To those asking, extractor fan came as standard in phase 1 but microwave, oven etc did not. You are given a power city card with 15% off Belling appliances after signing contracts though. There has been ZERO wiggle room on customisation or additions.

Glad to see so much interest and can't wait to meet all our new neighbours!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CitywestMan

Just got back from the site.

About 22 units out of 34 were sold/booked yesterday and a few more this afternoon.

Zero room for customization or attic conversion etc - They were also setting up a CCTV at the main entrance today ( in the green area as soon as you enter).

The houses seem to be going up full speed and I can't wait for february either !

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nimmy89

Only 5 houses left apparently. 4 terrace and 1 semi. €320 and €337.

We're going back tomorrow and may go for one of the terraces - but still not 100%!

@Spencer33 I know, I'm the same such a pity! Do you know where the TV points are in the living room in the Willow? I was considering putting the TV over the fire unit (where the large mirror is in the showhouse)?

I said a while back that these were behind the large mirror in the living room but I was wrong, I too was up there earlier on today and noticed that they are in fact to the right hand side of the fire/chimney, (based on the layout of the willow show house).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

What are the main selling points of this development? Why buy here?

Just interested to hear peoples thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Location for sure. Access to m50 and n7 really quickly, quick access to airport, quick access to town, its own luas stop, shopping centre with dunnes, lidl nearby, some schools, and of course... look at them.

details-long_0003.jpg

The show houses seem very good quality anyway and i havent seen anything about them being 'done cheap'.

Did the 350k willow sell?

xpletiv wrote: »
    Location for sure. Access to m50 and n7 really quickly, quick access to airport, quick access to town, its own luas stop, shopping centre with dunnes, lidl nearby, some schools, and of course... look at them.

details-long_0003.jpg

The show houses seem very good quality anyway and i havent seen anything about them being 'done cheap'.

Add to that the layout inside seem well thought out too,

The CCTV in and around the estate with the neighbouring campus security on patrol has to be a plus.

And they are reasonably priced compared to other nearby new builds I've been to ( which for me had significant negatives about them)

We've been house hunting a while now and we were more than happy with what we've seen so far in citywest village.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the €350k willow sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

details-long_0003.jpg

Lived in brownsbarn for 3yrs, The shopping centre is basically Dunnes they ain't anything else in there worth talking about besides a small lifestyle sports, you won't access the N7 very quickly at rush hour in evening as all nearby industrial parks empty around 4:30pm so it's gridlock in citywest, airport 30 mins in off peak traffic. Luas is good but a bummer that you have to get off and change in belgard every second luas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭FightingIrish

liam7831 wrote:
    Lived in brownsbarn for 3yrs, The shopping centre is basically Dunnes they ain't anything else in there worth talking about besides a small lifestyle sports, you won't access the N7 very quickly at rush hour in evening as all nearby industrial parks empty around 4:30pm so it's gridlock in citywest, airport 30 mins in off peak traffic. Luas is good but a bummer that you have to get off and change in belgard every second luas

Lifestyle is long gone now

liam7831 wrote: »

Well there's a post office, a newsagent, a pharmacy, an off licence, a barbers as well, then there's the fast food outlets too, along with plenty more, I wouldn't want or need more than that five minutes walk from my home.

For me and (probably for most))I'd be accessing the n7 in the morning and coming home at that gridlock hour you speak of. Against the flow, no problem.

The bummer you speak of with the Luas is exactly same bummer people not heading to citywest, surely it's a positive having a Luas stop on the doorstep.!

Myshirt asked, what are the selling points? and why buy here?

Would anybody like to add to the list of positives?

Spencer33 wrote: »
    Well there's a post office, a newsagent, a pharmacy, an off licence, a barbers as well, then there's the fast food outlets too, along with plenty more, I wouldn't want or need more than that five minutes walk from my home.

For me and (probably for most))I'd be accessing the n7 in the morning and coming home at that gridlock hour you speak of. Against the flow, no problem.

The bummer you speak of with the Luas is exactly same bummer people not heading to citywest, surely it's a positive having a Luas stop on the doorstep.!

Myshirt asked, what are the selling points? and why buy here?

Would anybody like to add to the list of positives?
    It's called balance , sorry for taking the jam out of your doughnut.
    Positives I would say are KFC, McDonald's, Eddie Rockets & boylesports

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Insomnia. The streat. Dominoes. Chopped. Gym, Butchers. Florist.
    Just a few there weren't posted i see as positives.

Two nice restaurants in Saggart only few mins away one is called The Anvil and the other is an Italian

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭New Home Help

Anyone know measurements in the willow? The size of bed that would fit in the master bedroom? What size TV would fit over the fire in the living room?

• Advertisement

Anyone know measurements in the willow? The size of bed that would fit in the master bedroom? What size TV would fit over the fire in the living room?

The bed in the show house is king size,

I noted yesterday that the tv points in the sales office which is also a willow are not above the fire but are in the alcove to the side

Thanks Spencer33.

Such a pity that's where the points are :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yautja27

Yeah, the TV point to the side of the left of the fire is a bit of a bummer but I've been toying with the idea of having a mirror above it (much like the shophouse) and having the TV on an adjustable bracket on the window side of the fire as the whole downstairs is open plan and will be viewable from the kitchen, may affect the size TV available though

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cityfinal

Just driving around waiting on the show houses to open Beautiful area

We put our holding deposit down on a Holly from Phase 1 today, it's built and just about ready to go. Absolutely delighted to have grabbed it - and it seems better value too. Just hope everything goes to plan now!

The Willow for 350 wasn't sold when we were leaving today - think it's still available!

• Advertisement

Congratulations Nimmy89! Was there any other cancellations from phase 1 available?

Congratulations Nimmy89! Was there any other cancellations from phase 1 available?

No only 4 more redwoods from this phase. We weren't told it was phase 1 just questioned it when we saw it was built!

Another positive - a new gym going into Citywest Shopping Centre :)

Fit4Less

http://www.echo.ie/show/article/gym-studio-plans-for-citywest-shopping-centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

For those who have bought, have you looked through any of the planning permission documents available on the South Dublin County Council website? (Ref: SD15A/0127)

Is there anything that concerns you there? A look at the site layout plan gives you an idea of just how big this development will be. I would like to understand why the management fee's are low, and how easily they could be increased. When the apartment blocks are built will that have a big impact?

By the way I have booked a house so I am not looking to take a negative view of the development. I am sure many of us have booking deposits down and will be signing contracts soon, and if you are like me still have a couple of concerns at the back of your mind; such as the potential increases in the management fee's over the years, its proximity to troublesome areas, closeness (too?) to the Luas, etc.

Thanks for any input

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Spuddy2014

kazzer wrote: »
    For those who have bought, have you looked through any of the planning permission documents available on the South Dublin County Council website? (Ref: SD15A/0127)

Is there anything that concerns you there? A look at the site layout plan gives you an idea of just how big this development will be. I would like to understand why the management fee's are low, and how easily they could be increased. When the apartment blocks are built will that have a big impact?

By the way I have booked a house so I am not looking to take a negative view of the development. I am sure many of us have booking deposits down and will be signing contracts soon, and if you are like me still have a couple of concerns at the back of your mind; such as the potential increases in the management fee's over the years, its proximity to troublesome areas, closeness (too?) to the Luas, etc.

Thanks for any input

I questioned why the management fee was so low compared to other local developments and was told it's because Davey Hickey also owns the business park so most of the cost is absorbed by the big companies

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Joe_Biscuits

Am I right in saying that the fees are €192 a year or something? What does this exactly cover anyway? Up keep of the roads, cutting of the grass in the common areas and the security?

Hi Joe, that is my understanding too. 190 something per year for security and upkeep of the area.

I would just hope that the house owners would not be burdened with a big increase in fee's when the management company has to take charge of the apartment blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nnjfs

Hi All,
    Since the development is across both sides of Luas line, there will be a interconnect between both sides for traffic/people to flow through. Does anyone know if this will be a pedestrian crossing or a road with traffic lights? If it is a road for vehicles, would this cause issues with public vehicles who may use this as a main road to beat traffic at citywest junction ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Glazers Out!

God, makes you think alright. We've been rethinking the area after seeing houses in Newcastle and other new developments. I do love these houses but just nervous about the area. I've lived down the road for a short period of time and swore I'd never go back :/ If we could move those houses to a different area!

• Advertisement

nimmy89 wrote: »
    God, makes you think alright. We've been rethinking the area after seeing houses in Newcastle and other new developments. I do love these houses but just nervous about the area. I've lived down the road for a short period of time and swore I'd never go back :/ If we could move those houses to a different area!

Could you tell me which other developments, are they priced similar

nullzero wrote: »

A gangland murder is hardly a reflection of the day to day activity in the area.

°°°°°

A gangland murder is hardly a reflection of the day to day activity in the area.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/children-watch-horrific-meat-cleaver-attack-on-city-street-29907538.html

http://www.dublinpeople.com/news/southside/articles/2016/07/20/4123625-judge-praises-good-police-work/

http://m.herald.ie/news/courts/ill-get-your-address-and-see-you-later-man-told-security-guard-35823966.html

/news/crime-and-law/courts/youth-faces-circuit-court-trial-over-traumatising-dublin-burglary-1.2115555?mode=amp

news/courts/luas-customer-randomly-attacked-by-thugs-who-pushed-him-onto-tracks-and-kicked-him-says-hes-afraid-while-walking-in-public-court-hears-34422943.html

ireland/peacemaker-spared-jail-time-for-having-slash-hook-during-fight-408508.html

www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/hit-and-run-victim-lived-for-his-family-funeral-told-1.3056782?mode=amp

news/courts/man-who-suffers-from-schizophrenia-faces-prison-sentence-for-slashing-the-face-of-an-innocent-boy-31416191.html

Glazers Out!

go on nullzero, tell us all where we should live?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Agreed but you can't deny the fact that Citywest is bordered by some horrendous areas..

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Agreed but you can't deny the fact that Citywest is bordered by some horrendous areas..

I don't understand the negative messages here - nobody is forced to live or buy a house in Citywest Village. People who have bought there have made their decisions and they are happy with it. Surely you can understand when people are trying to take away from such a big and positive experience in their lives. I just don't get the stance and reasons behind Nullzero's messages.

I don't understand the negative messages here - nobody is forced to live or buy a house in Citywest Village. People who have bought there have made their decisions and they are happy with it. Surely you can understand when people are trying to take away from such a big and positive experience in their lives. I just don't get the stance and reasons behind Nullzero's messages.

I think it's called trolling...

Anyway, does anyone know is dominos pizza open in the shopping centre ?

I think it's called trolling...

Anyway, does anyone know is dominos pizza open in the shopping centre ?

Yep this is open - but be careful if you get jalapenos as they are spicy!! Very dangerous!!

• Advertisement

Very dangerous!!

Bit like these horrendous areas nearby we keep hearing about lol :)

kazzer wrote: »
    Bit like these horrendous areas nearby we keep hearing about lol :)

My point exactly - also be careful with the speed bumps on the way in, also dangerous. Worse speed bumps in the whole of Dublin (sarcasm).

Yep this is open - but be careful if you get jalapenos as they are spicy!! Very dangerous!!

Finally, some good pizza advice from someone on here!!

°°°°°

I'm just aware that the developers have been less than honest with potential buyers in relation to the area they're buying in.
    I haven't been making things up, I understand that you feel put out by it, buying a home is a huge deal, that's why I've shared these facts so people can have an understanding of the surrounding area, you live wherever you wish, the minute I begin making things up and telling lies you can call me out.

Glazers Out!

I appreciate the posts nullzero. I also think that its good ammunition for fighting to keep the security present for years to come.

Does anyone remember anything about security in their contracts and what it said about that?

• Advertisement

I'm just aware that the developers have been less than honest with potential buyers in relation to the area they're buying in.
    I haven't been making things up, I understand that you feel put out by it, buying a home is a huge deal, that's why I've shared these facts so people can have an understanding of the surrounding area, you live wherever you wish, the minute I begin making things up and telling lies you can call me
    Well you got your point across so kindly jog on.

°°°°°

I appreciate the posts nullzero. I also think that its good ammunition for fighting to keep the security present for years to come.

Those guys are top notch, working long hours for very little pay in extremely poor working conditions for people who treat them terribly, putting themselves in harms way, you'll be lucky to have them around, a decent bunch.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

I haven't been making things up, I understand that you feel put out by it, buying a home is a huge deal, that's why I've shared these facts so people can have an understanding of the surrounding area, you live wherever you wish, the minute I begin making things up and telling lies you can call me

Well you got your point across so kindly jog on.

Take it to moderation of you're not happy.
    Incidentally I can't say I appreciate your tone.

Glazers Out!

Take it to moderation of you're not happy.
    Incidentally I can't say I appreciate your tone.

Nullzero - I have access to the radio in my car, TV when I am at home and plenty of social forums on my phone etc so basically what I am saying is that I have access to the news. The incident last night was obviously not good, no matter what area it has taken place in. I personally didn't join this thread to read negative info - can I ask have you bought in Citywest Village or are you interested in buying there? The reason I ask is I am genuinely struggling to understand your angle here? Maybe I am missing something.....but either way I prefer to read the positive comments and help answer any queries that other members have about the development. Thats not me being small minded - there was a lot of robberies in Lucan last night, are you on other threads that have new developments there warning people? A lot of crime happening everywhere - just think maybe you need to get yourself a Robin.....Batman!

°°°°°

Nullzero - I have access to the radio in my car, TV when I am at home and plenty of social forums on my phone etc so basically what I am saying is that I have access to the news. The incident last night was obviously not good, no matter what area it has taken place in. I personally didn't join this thread to read negative info - can I ask have you bought in Citywest Village or are you interested in buying there? The reason I ask is I am genuinely struggling to understand your angle here? Maybe I am missing something.....but either way I prefer to read the positive comments and help answer any queries that other members have about the development. Thats not me being small minded - there was a lot of robberies in Lucan last night, are you on other threads that have new developments there warning people? A lot of crime happening everywhere - just think maybe you need to get yourself a Robin.....Batman!

I know about the citywest area, there are problems everywhere to one extent or another, I'm talking about things I know about. If you only want to know about the positives of an area that's up to you, you can filter out my posts of you wish, this is a forum that is open to the public to post within the parameters set out by boards.ie,if I get pulled up by the moderators I'll have to abide by their rules, your opinion, or your willingness to only want to see the positives (in an area with more than it's share of negatives) is your business.
    The Batman comment was cute, really cut me down to size with that one.
    Here's the thing Joe, the developers themselves are aware that Citywest Village will be a target for burglary and other crime, the land was originally going to be an extension of the Riverwalk area of citywest business campus until they saw an opportunity to make capital out of the housing crisis, yes residential property was planned to be built eventually but not that close to Ard Mor which unfortunately has a lot of issues. The developers are fully aware that these houses are huge targets (how many housing estates need 24 hour Cctv monitoring and security guarding in your experience?).

You do as you please, and I hope you're very happy in your new home, you can Slag me off all you like I really don't give a damn.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement