Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-07-2020, 11:15   #316

Two birthday cards posted on the same day in England using international standard, one arrives 3 days later the other arrived 14 days later. Wtf like ?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-07-2020, 19:57   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWicklow1 View Post
Standard letter post sent from Wicklow to Wexford on 3/7/20 not delivered as of 9/7/20 (still undelivered after 6 days)

Standard letter post sent from Donegal to Wicklow on 8/7/20 delivered on 9/7/20 (delivered next day)
Interesting
Standard letter last week posted in Dublin on the Monday
Delivered on friday in Arklow
Standard letter posted last Friday in enniscorthy
Delivered today in Arklow 7 days later

Thats this past week alone
13-07-2020, 06:18   #318
Darc19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED E View Post
Items thrown in the garden today. Not everyone works from home or is still working from home you numbnuts.
Must be something you are doing as it seems every delivery service and every utility service gives you bad service.

I've yet to see a post from you that is not complaining about a service.

Either you are the unluckiest person about when it comes to service providers or a lot is made up?
(3) thanks from:
17-07-2020, 18:13   #319
ED E

Not at all.

Courierpost can be grand. This week I've received 3x items in ~36hrs from Amazon and AnPost.

AnPost always come so close. Like 7 in 8 packages is an excellent service then they go and leave a €900 camera in a recycling bin. Or AddressPal is half baked. Or they ignore redirect requests.

If you want a good story I receive items on a 4hr SLA via UPS. They're flawless. It's just a bit not newsworthy so maybe I'll post about them less.
17-07-2020, 18:16   #320
ED E

Here's an example from a week ago.
Quote:
Not in my area, and they work(or worked) Saturdays.

Issue with a parcel with no PMID, everything else fine.
Advertisement
17-07-2020, 18:22   #321
VG31

Quote:
If you want a good story I receive items on a 4hr SLA via UPS. They're flawless. It's just a bit not newsworthy so maybe I'll post about them less.
I sell on eBay occasionally and I've used UPS for deliveries of larger items to the UK recently. I find them very reliable.
17-07-2020, 19:38   #322
MonkstownHoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkstownHoop View Post
Hi guys, had a package via DHL from the US arrive on the 18th, still nothing showing on An Post tracking with the tracking number provided, this normal? Thanks.
Can anyone shed any light on this? when i got onto an post webchat they just said that the number i gave them wouldn't have further tracking when it got to Ireland.

Arrived a month ago tomorrow

Last edited by MonkstownHoop; 19-07-2020 at 09:20.
18-07-2020, 11:10   #323
ED E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkstownHoop View Post
Can anyone shed any light on this? when i got onto an post webchat they just said that the number i gave them wouldn't have further tracking when it got to Ireland.

Ar.rived a month ago tomorrow
There are UPU codes, the S10 standard, and then there are proprietary codes. If yours wasnt in the S10 format then it doesnt work outside the originating network.
31-07-2020, 12:46   #324
bennyx_o

Send a message via MSN to bennyx_o
Have an Amazon order being delivered by An Post - due to be delivered yesterday & last tracking update was on 29th July stating "Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12" An Post saying another 1-3 working days due to "large volume of parcels received at the centre"
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
31-07-2020, 13:08   #325
VG31

Same here. I'm waiting on an Amazon.de parcel since Wednesday which was due to be delivered by today. I paid for priority delivery so I will be looking for a refund of shipping costs. Another item from the order was delivered yesterday in an unmarked van. There seems to be no delays with packages small enough to come with the postman.

I'm also waiting on two parcels from Germany which were scanned by An Post on 29 and 30 July. I wonder if they have staff shortages this weekend.
31-07-2020, 15:35   #326
SPDUB

Not sure how widespread it is but there will be amazon deliveries Saturday & Monday in Dublin
03-08-2020, 12:07   #327
carlope2

12:01 on 30 July 2020

Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

Apes working there all i can say, still waiting
05-08-2020, 07:51   #328
waterfaerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChang View Post
Anyone have any experience with Colissimo? Ordered a small package from France.

Last thing on the tracking system was over a week ago. "Your package has left France".
Just wondering if you received it and how long it took?

I have a parcel that apparently left France on the 17th of July. Does anyone think I should be worried by now? I'm not sure when I should start chasing it up.
05-08-2020, 11:24   #329
PenguinForce

Having issues with An Post as well with my amazon UK order. The tracking status said "Delivered" on 29th July at 18:00 even though it hasn't. The tracker updated before 18:00 that day as well.

I had this happened with my last order in June but the order came the next day so didn't think too much of it. This time I contacted an post on the web chat about it when it didn't show up the next day and they said it's an IT issue with the scanner and that there is a high volume of post. I waited another day and contacted them again and they said it should be there by now and that they have opened an "enquiry" on it and the guy told me to contact amazon.

I explained to Amazon and they ended up giving me a full refund and said if the item does show up they could arrange a return if I don't want it anymore which was pretty sound. Still the item has not shown up.

Anyone have similar experience with An Post? Only have this happening since June.
07-08-2020, 11:22   #330
VG31

An Post have taken at least two days to deliver all my Amazon orders in the last two weeks.

There were flawless in delivering the next working day before in my experience. Even if a package arrived in the Dublin Parcel Hub between 12 and 4 am it would be delivered that day.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion