Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

silver2020 wrote: »
    How much was delivery from China and Slovenia. An Post have a guaranteed delivery service too if you pay the premium price.

Also makes no difference even if you were next door to Teeling, it still follows the same route as the cost of looking for the few local parcels far outweighs the savings of an automated system. So it is collected from teeling, brought to the D8 sorting office, sent with all parcels to the parcel centre and queued with all parcels, onto the automated system, scanned to the D8 cages and then locally sorted into the routes.

Same with many distribution systems. EG Cheese made in Cork for M&S goes to the UK and then back to the Cork M&S store.

China was 35 euro and Slovenia was free.

I have been in touch with Teeling who have sent packages for the same event all over Ireland and even France and Germany, Everyone has received their packages bar the people in Dublin 8 and Dublin 10. Called An Post and they gave the usual everywhere is busy spiel. Makes no sense that everyone in the country received their stuff bar the people in two distinct Dublin postcodes.

EDIT: and it seems the people in ireland received their packages from Teeling last Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Hogzy wrote: »
    China was 35 euro and Slovenia was free.

I have been in touch with Teeling who have sent packages for the same event all over Ireland and even France and Germany, Everyone has received their packages bar the people in Dublin 8 and Dublin 10. Called An Post and they gave the usual everywhere is busy spiel. Makes no sense that everyone in the country received their stuff bar the people in two distinct Dublin postcodes.

EDIT: and it seems the people in ireland received their packages from Teeling last Monday.

Given that everyone else got them means that they were all sorted so are in cages for Dublin 8 and 10 .

My guess , knowing that the amount of Amazon packages to Dublin 8 was very large pre covid because of all the student accommodation ( it got more packages than bigger offices like Dublin 12 and 24 ) , is they are prioritising Amazon which has been very heavy in all offices

Possibly the situation is also being exacerbated by staff shortages in those 2 offices .

SPDUB wrote: »
    Given that everyone else got them means that they were all sorted so are in cages for Dublin 8 and 10 .

My guess , knowing that the amount of Amazon packages to Dublin 8 was very large pre covid because of all the student accommodation ( it got more packages than bigger offices like Dublin 12 and 24 ) , is they are prioritising Amazon which has been very heavy in all offices

Possibly the situation is also being exacerbated by staff shortages in those 2 offices .

An Post is prioritising Amazon? Seriously?????:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

nah ... not even when the Amazon parcels come through AddressPal and you pay An Post for them, it's any faster.

Just had another 3 come through and they were stuck in Heathrow for a week after Amazon dropped them to AddressPal/An Post.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    nah ... not even when the Amazon parcels come through AddressPal and you pay An Post for them, it's any faster.

Just had another 3 come through and they were stuck in Heathrow for a week after Amazon dropped them to AddressPal/An Post.

/M

Actually weekend deliveries are definitely Amazon first and if you run out of space in your van , only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

10 weeks parcel from Slovakia...5.5kg

So its not smal....

Me slowly loosing the hope...refresh button burned by now...last tracking says leaving slovakian capital city....some good and most important a new tablet.....not cheap by any means.

Is Anyone waiitng long rime as well from other parts of Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 scraker

Hi Guys, I 've found this thread useful and thought I would leave some information regarding my recent experience on receiving a parcel from Portugal.

Posted 4th May
    Dispatched 7th May
    Received in Dublin 7th June
    Delivered to my address 10th June

There was a lot of worry on where the parcel physically was from the 7th May to 7th June (expensive watch), my opinion is it was shipped on the 7th May, and sat in a warehouse in Dublin for circa a month before it was scanned into the An Post system - however there is a chance it was also sat in Portugal waiting to board a flight for 4 weeks!?

Seems lots of patience is definitely required nowadays on overseas deliveries - just ordered something from China will see how long that takes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Bikerguy wrote: »

So its not smal....

Me slowly loosing the hope...refresh button burned by now...last tracking says leaving slovakian capital city....some good and most important a new tablet.....not cheap by any means.

10 weeks for something that was apparently coming from the UK. Made another order for something that also said it shipped from the UK and when it came, it had an address from Asia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

scraker wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I 've found this thread useful and thought I would leave some information regarding my recent experience on receiving a parcel from Portugal.

Posted 4th May
    Dispatched 7th May
    Received in Dublin 7th June
    Delivered to my address 10th June

There was a lot of worry on where the parcel physically was from the 7th May to 7th June (expensive watch), my opinion is it was shipped on the 7th May, and sat in a warehouse in Dublin for circa a month before it was scanned into the An Post system - however there is a chance it was also sat in Portugal waiting to board a flight for 4 weeks!?

Seems lots of patience is definitely required nowadays on overseas deliveries - just ordered something from China will see how long that takes.

I've ordered stuff from China in early May and have started to receive packages for the past two weeks. Thought it would take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

Waiting on print sent from Australia (economy) April 14th. No tracking so who knows where it is! Anyone else still waiting on stuff from Oz or should I admit defeat at this stage?

• Advertisement

Received a failed delivery docket for my parcel, says An Post attempted to deliver last Friday at 8am, despite the fact I was up and absolutely nobody called to the door, how can they get away with this BS.

Had to queue up for 30mins today at the sorting centre in Dublin 8 to pick up my parcel then. Could hear people venting at the guy behind the counter saying nobody tried calling to their door as well. Some poor woman had an absolute HUGE parcel and had to walk home with it. Ridiculous carry on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Bikerguy wrote: »

So its not smal....

Nearly waiting a month for a parcel from Italy. No update on tracking number since 25th May after spending a few days in the Italian postal system. Last update was item in international exchange centre.
    An Post not recognising the tracking number yet.

I've had stuff from the US get to me and stuff from the UK delayed by a few days. Tracking numbers for both still say they're still in the system, yet both delivered.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

What grace period are we allowing An Post before contacting them? I had a package from Wexford shipped on Thursday. The last scan was Thursday evening (5pm) in the Gorey sorting centre and it hasn't been scanned since. In the interim, I have received a package from Dublin which was shipped around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Pen Rua wrote: »
    What grace period are we allowing An Post before contacting them? I had a package from Wexford shipped on Thursday. The last scan was Thursday evening (5pm) in the Gorey sorting centre and it hasn't been scanned since. In the interim, I have received a package from Dublin which was shipped around the same time.

You should have contacted them at 6.15pm on Thursday. Disgraceful that during this pandemic when there are multiples of normal volumes that they did not hand deliver your parcel within an hour.

The snowflake generation! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: Silver2020 posts like this add nothing to the thread. If you've nothing helpful to add don’t bother posting.

You should have contacted them at 6.15pm on Thursday. Disgraceful that during this pandemic when there are multiples of normal volumes that they did not hand deliver your parcel within an hour.

You obviously work for An Post as your bias is so blatant. You pipe up and rip every post apart but when people detail their genuine issues and faults which are so clearly the fault of An Post you have nothing to say! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Hogzy wrote: »
    You obviously work for An Post as your bias is so blatant. You pipe up and rip every post apart but when people detail their genuine issues and faults which are so clearly the fault of An Post you have nothing to say! :rolleyes:

I always laugh at this "you must work for" comment by people when they can;t understand an issue.

No, I don't work for an post, we use them a lot in work, (also DPD and UPS and less so DHL) so we get information, I also keep up to date with general news and understand how delivery services work because where I work it's vitally important.

I'm pragmatic.

All international An Post items go by air, so if there is major disruption in air travel, there's major disruption in post. Far too many people don't understand this and start jumping up and down about delivery delays.

When this all kicked off in March we switched important items to UPS because they have their own aircraft and were not dependent on scheduled passenger flights. It wasn't a secret message we got, it was general news, but because transfer of packages is important for us, we listened and made changes and understood quickly that some items in transit may not arrive for weeks.

And on some posts here I've passed this information on. Maybe I shouldn't bother?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: @Hogzy Its a Boards hard and fast rule - you don't query or insinuate where someone works. For everyone else, can we get this back on topic please.

Thanks for the contribution. I'm used to An Post delivery next day, or the following day therefore I would have expected the delivery Friday or Monday. It is now Tuesday and the parcel has not been scanned since Thursday evening. If there is an issue, I'd like to raise it with An Post sooner rather than later if we need to go down the route of reimbursement for lost parcel etc (the parcel is not exactly low value). But, thanks.

I had a package via Dublin which arrived no issues. This one is being held at Gorey, so I assume there is some delay there. I will hold off till Thursday (giving a full week) until I raise a query.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Anyone have any experience with Colissimo? Ordered a small package from France.

Last thing on the tracking system was over a week ago. "Your package has left France".

• Advertisement

Anyone have any experience with Colissimo? Ordered a small package from France.

Last thing on the tracking system was over a week ago. "Your package has left France".
    It can be anywhere from 1 to 5 weeks...depends if its gets stuck in Heathrow or not... no panic

Best of luck

Double...mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I had one recently with them. It stayed at that until the day it was delivered. I think it was at that status about 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Hi guys, had a package via DHL from the US arrive on the 18th, still nothing showing on An Post tracking with the tracking number provided, this normal? Thanks.

It's been a full week since the last scan and still no movement nor delivery. I tried An Post's live chat again but they were unhelpful. I reached out to the vendor to see could they push it from their end and also had no luck contacting the An Post depot that they usually go through. To the vendor's credit, he's going to send me a second parcel in the hopes it gets here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

It's been a full week since the last scan and still no movement nor delivery. I tried An Post's live chat again but they were unhelpful. I reached out to the vendor to see could they push it from their end and also had no luck contacting the An Post depot that they usually go through. To the vendor's credit, he's going to send me a second parcel in the hopes it gets here.

Was chatting to some friends yesterday about An Post - conversation began when someone who lives in Macroom mentioned they had bought an item from Blarney Woollen Mills and was delighted when An Post Tracking said it was in Little Island the next day so she expected delivery soon. No sign of it, she checked tracking - it was in Portlaoise. A week later it's seemingly been making the journey from Portlaoise to Cork and back again on a daily basis.
    That opened the floodgates of tales of parcels - all posted in Cork to addresses in Cork either taking lengthy journeys around various sorting offices or just not moving at all for over a week.
    My own package was sitting in Little Island for 13 days (the only useful piece of information I got out of webchat)- but according to An Post tracking it was still in Dublin. Now, It's listed as being in Little Island. We collected it from there a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I am anxious to get an item posted as some items recently have taken months to arrive. If I bring to a local Dublin suburb post office tomorrow (Saturday) will the parcel be collected and on its way tomorrow or does it wait for the 5 30 pm weekday collection?

Garlinge wrote: »
    I am anxious to get an item posted as some items recently have taken months to arrive. If I bring to a local Dublin suburb post office tomorrow (Saturday) will the parcel be collected and on its way tomorrow or does it wait for the 5 30 pm weekday collection?

Collections are only done Mon - Fri even from post offices so no point going to a post office on a Saturday .

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Thanks for that. I notice in checking rates that there is a choice of rates so can pay more for speedier delivery. Meanwhile I have decided to go with online order that will deliver my items to the UK address from a UK location so hopefully will get there in good time and save me the bother of packing up parcel.

• Advertisement

The second package arrived with no issues, so the first is MIA. The vendor provided pre-paid return labels for me to send back the first package if it ever materialises.

Advertisement