Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

magoo84 wrote: »
    Don't go near PM. The company seems to be having some kind of meltdown since the start of June.

Rings true for me. I've never had any issues before, but now I'm waiting on something that's been "in transit" from them since June 16th! Customer service seem to be trying for me but not getting any reaction from the depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I ordered a €300 phone through amazon last year. Delivered to their depot on a Saturday and went missing. Took me over two months to sort.
    Eventually they paid me €100 as I was able to provide a Pod.
    My advice and I learned the hard way. Anything of value don't buy through Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Same here! I have submitted a claim against them to the small claims court this week. Ten days after it arrived in their depot, they told me they think the parcel arrived already opened, but they couldn't prove it because they lost it in the meantime. You'd think if a parcel arrived opened they might let you know, instead of leaving it "in transit" for a week and a half and waiting for you to notice. They are so cavalier about customer service it's unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

castle2012 wrote: »
    I ordered a €300 phone through amazon last year. Delivered to their depot on a Saturday and went missing. Took me over two months to sort.
    Eventually they paid me €100 as I was able to provide a Pod.
    My advice and I learned the hard way. Anything of value don't buy through Parcel Motel.

Anything of value pay extra for increased insurance. That's what I've done in the past and was fully covered for loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

If your package is missing try the new "Find My Parcel" thing on their website first, instead of mailing and calling.

I've had two packages go missing recently because the sender left out information. If you have the tracking number, or even just vague details about the package, Find My Parcel will tell you 1) if they have it, 2) will allocate it to you and deduct payment/send it to you. It worked for my two packages at least.

It's on your home page when you log in, to the right of your balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

floorpie wrote: »
    If your package is missing try the new "Find My Parcel" thing on their website first, instead of mailing and calling.

I've had two packages go missing recently because the sender left out information. If you have the tracking number, or even just vague details about the package, Find My Parcel will tell you 1) if they have it, 2) will allocate it to you and deduct payment/send it to you. It worked for my two packages at least.

It's on your home page when you log in, to the right of your balance.

Yes, this works very well.
    UK sellers don’t seem to have heard of Parcel Motel and need to be spoonfed the correct address details and how important it is to write the PM ID on the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

I’ve never had an issue with them and at this stage must have had hundreds of parcels delivered through them. The only time there was an issue was when the seller didn’t include my PMID on the label, and once I contacted them it was sorted quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

My Parcel was received by them Wednesday 8th, email received, but it is still saying "in transit" with no date as to delivery to the locker.

They are clearly way slower than before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Last few deliveries . Waiting 2+ days for check in. Then another 24hr for delivery.
    If you are unlucky, thats not including a weekend where they down tools and another 2 day wait on top.

I know there is a bigger demand right now, but months later they really should be on top of delays.

DPD parcel wizard are getting you next day service.

Royal mail can get a parcel here in 24 hrs. Then Parcel motel keep it for the week.

Even getting a response from customer service takes a day.

Is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not in my area, and they work(or worked) Saturdays.

Issue with a parcel with no PMID, everything else fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Nope, same here. Three days waiting for the parcel to be loaded into a box.
    I had Fastway deliver three times over in the same duration.
    Part of their problem is the limited amount of motel boxes and the reluctance of some people to collect the parcel quickly. I'd consider offering a discount for those who collect parcels quickly, that would free-up boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Haven't noticed a difference, of everything that has gone through them since the start of April it has all been checked in, in transit, and stored that evening or during the night for collection the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

Funnily enough it's the opposite for me, always use Dpd but parcel motel have been much quicker recently

Had a bottle of whisky a couple of months ago. Amazon purchase.

Made a mistake and had my PM address on the drop down address list. Instead of DPD.

They kept it for a week and a half, made me produce receipts and made me collect it from Dublin. Instead of just sending it on with out the drama. Like every other courier does.

I think they have been huffing with me ever since.

Funnily enough it's the opposite for me, always use Dpd but parcel motel have been much quicker recently

The good thing about DPD now is they stash the parcel around your front door or garden somewhere if they know you and you are not in.

I guess its a result of the covid thing.

Very handy ..

I always found it to be a good service (even during lockdown), but since I've been waiting for a month for a parcel and nobody seems to be bothering to look for it, I've stopped using them...going to try parcel wizard instead. Shockingly bad customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Folks...has anyone ever had anything delivered to their parcel motel from amazon with DPD?? do they make it there safe and sound usually or do DPD act the bo**ix what with them being business rivals and that?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

celticsfan wrote:
    Folks...has anyone ever had anything delivered to their parcel motel from amazon with DPD?? do they make it there safe and sound usually or do DPD act the bo**ix what with them being business rivals and that?

No issues here, last week I had a parcel motel home delivery for an oversized parcel and DPD delivered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jaeita

So I have to send a phone back to a retailer, which i got through parcel motel down to me in cork. I was given a Royal Mail prepaid label (because they assumed I was in the UK still), and saw its possible to send from parcel motel to royal mail in NI, and then onwards to the UK.

I don't believe its possible to use a pre-paid royal mail label in an irish post office (please let me know if it is!), but has anybody else done this before?

Thanks!

Parcel Wizard and Parcel Connect at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭vafankillar

sorry if this question has been answer, but completely new to this and a bit confused.

if i want to order something from amazon that doens't deliver to ireland, what should I write in for delivery?

keep it uk with my local motel parcel address or put in a uk one which will then be collected and delivered to my local one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭VG31

sorry if this question has been answer, but completely new to this and a bit confused.

if i want to order something from amazon that doens't deliver to ireland, what should I write in for delivery?

keep it uk with my local motel parcel address or put in a uk one which will then be collected and delivered to my local one?

You use the Parcel Motel address in NI:

[Your name]
    [Your PMID]
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

PM deliver to the motel you've selected in your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭vafankillar

VG31 wrote: »
    You use the Parcel Motel address in NI:

[Your name]
    [Your PMID]
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

PM deliver to the motel you've selected in your account.

fair play, I hadn't added a card yet, but once I done that (after your post) they gave this info clearly on next page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Hi Newb here can someone help

I registered with parcel motel and bought an item online used the parcel motel address I was given

Today it says dpd have delivered and it was signed at 10:30

Do I go to the motel now or am I supposed to wait for email/ text form them first?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

biggebruv wrote: »
    Hi Newb here can someone help

I registered with parcel motel and bought an item online used the parcel motel address I was given

Today it says dpd have delivered and it was signed at 10:30

Do I go to the motel now or am I supposed to wait for email/ text form them first?

It still has to be moved from NI to your nearest depot and from you depot to your nominated locker location. It will take a day or so. They will email and text you a code to open the locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Has anyone done a Collect+ return via PM recently? I have 'Status: 3rd Party Link at 16/07/2020 13:58' and collect+ say they haven't received it? I've no probs if there's delays with everything that's been happening the last few months but getting a bit worried now that it might be lost?

After over a month of politely asking PM where my parcel is, and receiving no update, I eventually told them the answer to my own question...which was that they had lost it and were doing nothing to find it/confirm with me. Then (again) I had to tell them to reimburse the value (thankfully not a lot) and close my account.

At no point did anyone from the company acknowledge anything, offer an apology or try to keep my custom. It was like...there you go, glad to be rid of ye.

When it's works, it's fine. But if it goes wrong, you can forget about getting any proper response. Absolutely jaw-droppingly bad customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Their customer service is horrific.

I was unable to collect a parcel the end of June because the touch screen on my local parcel motel was completely frozen, I raised a ticket with their customer service about it before my stay expired informing them that their machine was unusable. Over a week later I heard nothing back, my parcel had been returned to depot and I got charged twice for it, so I sent a reminder email. Still heard nothing back.

To be honest I forgot about it since then until I received another parcel to my motel yesterday. Went to collect it and the screen isn't even turned on. No doubt they'll still return my parcel to depot tomorrow morning despite the fact that the machine is obviously unusable.

Going to stick with AddressPal from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Anyone else find that their parcel has been opened the last one I got someone had slit the sellotape holding the box closed, wasnt the first time it happened either.
    Nothing was taken but parcel was from EU and should be ok with customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

shockwave wrote: »
    Nothing was taken but parcel was from EU and should be ok with customs.

Customs isn't all about excise and VAT, they're also interested in drugs, guns and controlled medicines. Meaning that just because a package is coming from within the EU, that doesn't give it immunity from a physical check.

• Advertisement

Yes, this works very well.
    UK sellers don’t seem to have heard of Parcel Motel and need to be spoonfed the correct address details and how important it is to write the PM ID on the package.

I always had my PM number in my name and never had an issue in years using them (ie Reginald PM123456 Smyth). Senders love leaving lines out of addresses but will always put the name in.

Advertisement