Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

ED E wrote: »
    Might be the local fella taking the mick. Our mail carrier is coming as expected, just PXP thats the issue.

It looks like he's spoofing attempts to keep within Amazons SLAs. Amazon are only happy until they're ready to drop AP for Amazon Logistics.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1219/1102071-amazon-dublin-warehouse-report/

is that info from an post ? the tracking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

ED E wrote: »
    Might be the local fella taking the mick. Our mail carrier is coming as expected, just PXP thats the issue.

It looks like he's spoofing attempts to keep within Amazons SLAs. Amazon are only happy until they're ready to drop AP for Amazon Logistics.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1219/1102071-amazon-dublin-warehouse-report/

You're out of date with your news.

They agreed terms on a warehouse in Greenogue. It will be for mixed fulfillment. So if one item for an Irish customer is in one warehouse and other items are in other warehouses, all items will be shipped to greenogue for sending out as a single delivery.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/amazon-packs-a-punch-in-dublin-with-rented-warehouses-h7dkrj589

It's not a big step. Only about 20-30 staff will be employed there

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

reddev75 wrote: »
    Its only a small little retro arcade handheld gaming device.it wasnt that expensive.i just thought it would have arrived by now.youre probabaly right do on it being lost by now!

Does it contain lithium batteries? If so they may have returned it as the batteries are prohibited.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 reddev75

whiterebel wrote: »
    Does it contain lithium batteries? If so they may have returned it as the batteries are prohibited.

Hi white rebel.
    no,it doesnt.he said batteries wouldnt be included,just in case what you suggested might have happened.
    Its just odd,the 27th of march was the day most flights were grounded.
    Im hoping its just with a pile of other mail in storage in heathrow somewhere and just waiting for the ban to be lifted.
    You never know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

A book posted in San Jose, CA on 12th May arrived today 2nd June. Sent by USPS.

• Advertisement

reddev75 wrote: »
    Hi white rebel.
    no,it doesnt.he said batteries wouldnt be included,just in case what you suggested might have happened.
    Its just odd,the 27th of march was the day most flights were grounded.
    Im hoping its just with a pile of other mail in storage in heathrow somewhere and just waiting for the ban to be lifted.
    You never know.

Things are moving out of London. There are flights out nearly every day to Dublin. Who was the last tracking with? Did AddressPal ever confirm they got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Things are moving out of London. There are flights out nearly every day to Dublin.

Not fast though. I got one gone through Addresspal today, that they got last week Sunday (26.05.). So it can take at least a week from the time it arrives in AddressPal to it lands in the Republic atm.

They certainly don't have the capacity to deal with everything that comes through atm. Back to shipping via Parcel Motel. They still operate pretty much normal.

/M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

A book posted in San Jose, CA on 12th May arrived today 2nd June. Sent by USPS.

I've been waiting 7 weeks for a parcel from America. Who do I chase this up with? Is there any point getting in touch with an post?

I've been waiting 7 weeks for a parcel from America. Who do I chase this up with? Is there any point getting in touch with an post?

No. Always let the sender investigate. He's the one that paid for the shipping, so the courier has a contractual obligation to him.

The parcel of mine, that was delayed the longest, took 9 1/2 weeks from shipping to arrival. USPS US side, An Post this side.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭brimeh

I posted a couple of pages back, USPS parcel sent March 20/21 arrived today finally.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

brimeh wrote: »
    I posted a couple of pages back, USPS parcel sent March 20/21 arrived today finally.

What's with all the delays? The weird thing is I had another parcel shipped around the same time (either two days before or two days after), and I got that about 3 weeks ago.

Guess it can show up anytime in June so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

An Post don't have any connection with USPS nor any access to their systems.

As per many other posts, there are huge delays in parcels from USA and it all goes by airfreight and the number of flights between USA & Ireland (and Europe) are few and far between

Here's their release about some European parcels
    https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/pdf/fourth-air-to-sea-diversion-6-1-20.pdf

That suggests 6-7 weeks minimum delivery at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

My parcel from the US that was sent over 9 weeks ago has just shown up on An Post's tracking page :o

It's being assessed by customs. I know I might be waiting a while yet and it might be completely battered but it's in the country. Hallelujah.

EDIT: it was shipped on the 30th of March from LA for those who are also waiting and want to compare. Last update before today was the 3rd of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

There must be a massive backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

What about between europe.... how long that can take?

As i mentioned....spain and slovakia.... i could walk it...it would be quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Hi all what does this mean from USPS

Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND

Bikerguy wrote: »
    As i mentioned....spain and slovakia.... i could walk it...it would be quicker

Spain and Portugal are 2-3 weeks based on the ones, that I've received.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    Spain and Portugal are 2-3 weeks based on the ones, that I've received.

/M

Was it now i mean during covid outbreak? That you recieved anything from there?

Was it now i mean during covid outbreak? That you recieved anything from there?

Yes .. One from Spain in the last 2-3 weeks and one from Portugal in April. Both of them took about the same time.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭VG31

Does anyone have any experience of how long parcels from Austria are taking to get here?

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of how long parcels from Austria are taking to get here?

Have few parcels from Germany....all came within 2 weeks....but waiiting for one from slovakia for ages now....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

Still waiting on my Parcel from France, no sign of it since it left the origin country

Left France on May 12th

statto25 wrote: »
    Still waiting on my Parcel from France, no sign of it since it left the origin country

When was that..my fishing supplier said ita taking 3-5weeks to reach ireland...

While i got all from him within a week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Hi all what does this mean from USPS

Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND

I'm in the same boat. I think it means its of the plane and on the way to customs etc. Mine has been in that status for 2 weeks with no updates. Going by previous posts it could take months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

When was that..my fishing supplier said ita taking 3-5weeks to reach ireland...

While i got all from him within a week

It left France on May 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭VG31

VG31 wrote: »

To answer my own question, just over 2 weeks in total. It actually took longer to leave Austria than it did to get here. It was 9 days until it was exported, it arrived in Dublin then in a week exactly.

statto25 wrote: »
    It left France on May 12th

I am guessing it should be with you by latest by end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

le_girl wrote: »
    My parcel from the US that was sent over 9 weeks ago has just shown up on An Post's tracking page :o

It's being assessed by customs. I know I might be waiting a while yet and it might be completely battered but it's in the country. Hallelujah.

EDIT: it was shipped on the 30th of March from LA for those who are also waiting and want to compare. Last update before today was the 3rd of April.

It arrived this morning. Took less than 3 days once it showed up on An Post's tracking.

Not in bad condition at all so it obviously just sat somewhere in the states for 2 months.

Nice big customs charge on it though.

Small parcel from Greece just arrived: 6 1/2 weeks.

Took a detour via Heathrow as it seems from tracking and was stuck there for 2 weeks.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Anyone know what the story is with post being held for days in the Dublin 12 parcel hub? Need stuff for wfm as my pc died and it should have been delivered monday. Can parcels be collected from the parcel hub?

Advertisement