Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Unlikely. Although if your regular bench is more tricep dominant than chest, it might be close. Also depends on how long you've been CGBPing... if you've just started, your movement pattern wouldn't be as efficient as somebody who has been doing it regularly for years.

For most programs, close grip should be renamed "closer grip". It doesn't really mean to go as close as possible... just closer than your regular bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Definitely a new one for me.

In the programme I'm doing, its a tricep exercise so I probably went a bit narrow to make sure it hit them rather than chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

TRS30 wrote: »
    Definitely a new one for me.

In the programme I'm doing, its a tricep exercise so I probably went a bit narrow to make sure it hit them rather than chest.

It doesn't need to be an extreme change in grip. My wide-grip is only the width of my 4 fingers (just outside the ring) wider than my competition grip (just inside the ring) and it feels so much different.

My bench is a little more tricep dominant so my close grip is probably closer to competition max than would be...but my wider grip might be weaker. Swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Cheers; is up again Sunday and have 10 sets so can try out a few different grips and see what works.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I normally go with my hands just at the edge of the shiny part of the bar which is also around shoulder width for me. I find I can lift a good bit less than normal width grip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Prob already mentioned but

55g Fulfill bars in Deaz

Box of 3 bars for 2 euro
    = Bar less than 70 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

More of a general curiosity, but is the reason you feel sore/stiff after dry needling the same basic science behind DOMS - the needles poking through your muscle is similar to a microtear and has the same result?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

More of a general curiosity, but is the reason you feel sore/stiff after dry needling the same basic science behind DOMS - the needles poking through your muscle is similar to a microtear and has the same result?

I never feel sore after dry needling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Dtp1979 wrote: »

What?

I could barely walk to my car after getting my hamstring done before, now that was with a physio repeatedly moving the needles in and out I believe, had needling done where I'd about 10 put up along my hamstring and it wasn't so bad when they were left there for some time.

Good run through here:

http://www.vinnymulveyfitness.com/myofascial-trigger-point-dry-needling/

I'd imagine you're sore because a muscle that you're actively/neurologically not triggering, is triggered by a needle rather than a tear - you're effectively twitching muscles and forcing them to work which will cause soreness if they haven't been activated in a while due to injury etc.

^ or that's bro science, I don't know I just googled it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Dtp1979 wrote: »

I’d suggest they’re not doing it right.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I've had dry-needling done on four separate occasions.
    Three times in my glutes and there was no soreness at all afterwards.
    Once in quad muscles and I had the biggest dead leg ever for the next few days :confused:

Brian? wrote: »
    I’d suggest they’re not doing it right.

I have no idea. I get about 10 needles inserted. It’s sore after, but only from the skin being pierced. Nothing that would bother me in the slightest. Usually in the shoulder.

I had my shoulder done before and it wasn't too bad.

I had my quad done this morning and it's turned to concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Brian? wrote: »

O man Vibrams! That trend really fell off a cliff pretty quick. heard the break in period is like 2 years if you plan on running in them otherwise you run a pretty high risk of caving the arch on your foot. Any truth behind that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

If you've been running in normal runners with average heal you'd likely get injured within a week in those yokes, but I doubt they're being bought for running tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

How do the Vibrams protect your heel when it lands on a small stone?

The running version of stepping on a three-pin plug

Or lego! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I see the crossfit perpetua place are opening a "normal" gym type facility as well - will be interesting to see how it does

http://www.perpetua.ie/?fbclid=IwAR38i0ciA7uXA0RAta9PiOPWTyalNOgQ_U3uw7lpen-HQox34h3gmnQ5v5I

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Clarence has been quiet for a while,but is currently over at Hybrid Performance (Stefi Cohen's place). Decided to give sumo a try for the first time and ended up taking the piss out of 300kg:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsyhN5JhqJy/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I see the crossfit perpetua place are opening a "normal" gym type facility as well - will be interesting to see how it does

http://www.perpetua.ie/?fbclid=IwAR38i0ciA7uXA0RAta9PiOPWTyalNOgQ_U3uw7lpen-HQox34h3gmnQ5v5I

90 quid a month jayz

Clarence has been quiet for a while,but is currently over at Hybrid Performance (Stefi Cohen's place). Decided to give sumo a try for the first time and ended up taking the piss out of 300kg:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsyhN5JhqJy/

Did a 306 Squat recently too.

Absolutely no reason for someone to have to pay 90 euro a month for a gym. And that's the opening offer!

Whatever about Westwood's prices, at least that includes unlimited classes and non-gym facilities like spa, pool, courts etc.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    O man Vibrams! That trend really fell off a cliff pretty quick. heard the break in period is like 2 years if you plan on running in them otherwise you run a pretty high risk of caving the arch on your foot. Any truth behind that?

I still have my vibrant five fingers after 6 years. Great shoes for lifting, terrible to put on.

I can’t comment on running. I only run when chased by large dogs. Even then I question whether I can take the dog first.

they/them/theirs

The old five fingers protect your feet surprisingly well. I’d assume these are as good.

I’m tempted by these because they’re mad looking and I love the old five fingers.

they/them/theirs

Having a tough time with injuries at the moment. I'm just getting over some issues with my shoulder and my knee and starting to feel close to 100%, when on Saturday I was doing a circuit and had some stupid, sloppy form during some routine RDLs. They were with dumbbells, and I don't know why but I always struggle with dumbbell RDLs. I'm fine if it's a regular bar or a trap bar, but when it's dumbbells my form just goes to pants - probably because my hands aren't on the same bar so they tend to roam more.

Was really feeling my lower back Saturday evening and Sunday. Tried to power through it during this morning's session - didn't do anything hectic with my back. Felt sore afterwards, more so towards the right hand side of my lower back so decided to alternate some hot and cold treatment. First 30 mins cold treatment, no problem. Put a heat pack in the microwave. 30 minutes of that, no problem - until I stood up to go out to the freezer to get another cold treatment. The worst darting pain I've felt in a long, long time. I thought I was about to pass out and I've never felt like that from pain before in my life :(

Finally joined a new gym in Eindhoven. It’s 4 minute walk from the house. I was reluctant to try it as it’s also a CrossFit affiliate*. But it’s actually 1/3 a normal gym with a load of squat racks, 1/3 CrossFit and 1/3 combat sports. Delighted with the first visit.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

this was in bargain alerts. Dunlops version of low converse
    Kids shoes for €5.40 aint bad, €7.20 for adults. Time to stock up for summer

https://ie.sportsdirect.com/deal-ten?promo_name=popup-wo

Selected colours/styles/sizes only. Max 20 per customer. Online only. Offer ends Sunday 10th February at 18:00 (GMT).

think the post is €7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

dunlop was a brand name that sports direct purchased and are manufacturing themselves - so i'd love to know the type of factories these are been made in for that price !!!

Advertisement