Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options
1124125126127128130»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I have some but it probably has nanobots in it because there were chemtrails in the air over the shop

I know being a bit run down used to take off a rep or so when I was lifting (probably noticed it most on squats) but I've never felt so below par as on the C2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I'm the person selling that bar and it is indeed all stainless, and if I say so myself, in great condition!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I was tempted to make an offer- just not the right time for me. Good luck with it. Great bar.

• Advertisement

Bulgarian split squats, 1.5 rep heavy goblet squats and barbell RDL are the main movements in my current lower body day.

I always miss bilateral squats when they're not in a program, but they've been there for at least the last 3 months, and DeFranco is adamant about rotating them out now and again. This is just for a four week block.

Bulgarian split squats and anything involving a 1.5 rep scheme don't really feel like much of a break, but I guess in loading terms they are.

Most leg work I'm doing now is unilateral because the last couple of years left me with a bigger imbalance than I had realised.

That said, barbell RDLs have been probably most effective at addressing the weaker muscles in my hip that made it unstable...well, a level of instability I only picked up on when I went back to single leg DLs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

IPF powerlifting on Eurosport 2 now

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Forget your hypertrophy programs; nothing provides a sick arm pump like carrying a tired toddler around the zoo.

I developed my isometric arm strength about 300% from having kids. Not joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Quiet Achiever

Anyone ever try MyProtein's gym gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

its nothing special just bulk orders with their brand name added, better off getting gear from temu tbh unless you want to wear the brand name

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Quiet Achiever

No interest in brand name, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I have their ankle socks. They're comfy. But I only got them to make the free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

gym got a new toy, not used it yet but should be fun, I guess one advantage is you dont have to load plates

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I used the "Torque Tank" yesterday, first thoughts, ease of use great no plates to load, its a smooth and well built piece of kit, downside not sure how to gauge work done except in general terms, I used to do a routine last year basically 30 rounds of 20mtrs in 30 minutes, so my only variable was the weight and I like incremental progress "did more than last week". This only has 4 or 5 settings but it also increase resistance with speed. Getting my endurance back to 30 will keep me going for a while, but I'd prefer if it tried to replicate KG added, like 10kg to 200KG and plug the number in you are going for

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement