Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DigiWeb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Digiweb wrote: »
    Would recommend the new Fritz 3000 Repeater : https://digiweb.ie/product/fritz-3000-repeater/

It's a once off cost, little more expensive but a tidier unit and specifically designed as a Mesh add on so really plug and play.

If you really want another 7530 send us a PM and we can arrange for a once off cost rather than 9.95 per month.

Just for info we'll be launching a range of Fritz Smart home devices pretty soon, starting with the Fritz 500 smart lightbulb. Links back to your fritzbox and allows you to control your lights from a Fritz app on your phone both from your home network and on the go . They are pretty cool!
    Would the range include a mesh system? If so, I might wait.

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Would the range include a mesh system? If so, I might wait.

Both the 7530 and the 3000 Repeater are Mesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

MBSnr wrote: »
    I purchased an additional one from Digiweb (it's a refurb I believe) at a discount. Not sure if they still do this. Also I purchased a new one directly from Airwire - 95 Euro with 10 Euro del fee. http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/products/ftth

I now have 4x 7530 devices in my house giving decent coverage. 2 are wired back to the master and the other is connected by 2.4GHz wifi (runs at about 180Mbps).
    Why are they only connecting through 2.4?
    Could u use a German version for the repeater?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

TheDriver wrote: »
    They probably not , but what difference is it make?
    There are no Fritzbox devices capable of "performance Mesh "
    While Fritzbox good devices compare to the rest
    regular provider's CPE , they still pretty useless if you want 300-1000 Wi-Fi Mesh around the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

TheDriver wrote: »
    Could u use a German version for the repeater?

I'm not sure I follow.

One master
    2x repeaters connected by physical 1Gb LAN cable back to master.
    1x repeater connected by 2.4GHz wifi because of location and number of walls/objects in the way. Could connect by 5GHz but it is very weak.

I understand the firmware is no longer German specific and you can flash the device with the newest firmware and choose English as the language. So a German version should work, but best to confirm with AVM support.

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »
    They probably not , but what difference is it make?
    There are no Fritzbox devices capable of "performance Mesh "
    While Fritzbox good devices compare to the rest
    regular provider's CPE , they still pretty useless if you want 300-1000 Wi-Fi Mesh around the house.

What do you mean performance mesh? If they are a wired backbone mesh then they run at the same speed as a device connected by 5GHz to the master main Fritzbox. If you have 1Gb internet then the physical limit of the 5GHz radio (to a device - not another Fritzbox) on the 7530 is around 866Mbps (but you won't get near that). But if you don't have 1Gb internet it makes little difference.

Obviously wireless mesh with them is different depending on physical location in your house. The 2.4GHz 7530 master <-> 7530 repeater connection runs at at 180Mbps in my house. I have 500Mbps internet. But in day to functionality it makes no odds. My phone doesn't connect at much over 90 Mbps on 2.4GHz anyhow, so it connecting to that Fritzbox meshed wirelessly makes no odds. Devices near it that connect at 5GHz aren't getting the full 500Mbps internet speed but then again, do they need to in that one location?

7530 only support MIMO 2x2, with no dedicated wireless Backhaul so I am very doubtful if it can go
    faster than 350mbps wireless in real life
    My cheap Google Pixel 3a phone ( MIMO 2x2)reaching up to 600 Mbps on my ORBI Mesh ( 4x4 MIMO wireless dedicated Backhaul)
    That it is what I call entry for the "performance Mesh "
    and you may get it for £130 , used stock if you lucky enough.

Yes, I do have 1gb .

7530 only support MIMO 2x2, with no dedicated wireless Backhaul so I am very doubtful if it can go
    faster than 350mbps wireless in real life
    My cheap Google Pixel 3a phone ( MIMO 2x2)reaching up to 600 Mbps on my ORBI Mesh ( 4x4 MIMO wireless dedicated Backhaul)
    That it is what I call entry for the "performance Mesh "
    and you may get it for £130 , used stock if you lucky enough.

Yes, I do have 1gb .

Fair enough. With 1Gb you need that to utilise the internet speed you signed up for. I've no intention of signing up for 1Gb (unless they bump me for free ;)) and as such I'm happy enough with the 7530s I have.

What is the max 5Ghz speeds are you capable to achieve with your setup?
    My point this system only good for 300 mbps package, hardwired.
    Try to connect 3-4 fritzboxes wirelessly and they’ll eat all WiFi bandwidth for the blakhaul with nothing left for the clients.

What is the max 5Ghz speeds are you capable to achieve with your setup?
    My point this system only good for 300 mbps package, hardwired.
    Try to connect 3-4 fritzboxes wirelessly and they’ll eat all WiFi bandwidth for the blakhaul with nothing left for the clients.

Ok - as I mentioned I have hard wired 2 of them. If I am in front of those 2 repeaters connected with 5GHz wifi, I get the full 500Mbps (actually 477) - same as being physically wired into the Master using a LAN cable.

• Advertisement

It is actually very good result , could it keep same speed within 3-5 meters distance , direct line , no obstructions on the way?

It is actually very good result , could it keep same speed within 3-5 meters distance , direct line , no obstructions on the way?

Out to 3m yes with an iphone 8. Dropping to about 380Mbps at 5m.
    There's 5 other devices on that repeater although not doing much.
    Yes I put a measuring tape on the floor in true geek fashion.....:eek:

Also quite decent, I probably have better range with Orbi , could hit up to 550-600 within 5 meters .
    Maybe I was too negative for this Fritzbox , seems pretty decent mesh system if all satellites hardwired.
    ps. You are lucky enough that one of your slaves boxes sinc via 2.4ghz with the master , otherwise ( if it had 5ghz bakhual) would definitely decrease your top speeds for 5 GHz band ( both for master and slave )

^^^
    You can select the wifi network from the repeater (as backhaul) of any it can see. Either the master 2.4/5GHz or the other mesh members 2.4/5GHz.
    So I have had master -> wired repeater -> wireless repeater in the past but have changed things around since. The speed on the second repeater was sub 100Mbps due to it's location but still enough to stream HD.

MBSnr wrote: »
    ^^^
    You can select the wifi network from the repeater (as backhaul) of any it can see. Either the master 2.4/5GHz or the other mesh members 2.4/5GHz.
    Cool .ORBI web UI definitely won’t let you do the same , it is quite limited for settings. Most of the advanced settings hidden from average Joe, only accessible via TELNET/SSH.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Is it possible to change the guest wifi to 2.4ghz only on the Fritzbox 7530?
    I plan to use it strictly for IoT devices and some may not connect if it is 2.4/5ghz but I can't find the setting to change it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MacEye

Lads,

Not too clued up on the various providers and packages....

Currently paying 45.01/month for 'Electric Broadband 150_3' package (whatever that is!) with Digiweb - is this a good deal? Think it includes local calls... Should I be looking to switch, get a better deal from Digiweb, etc.

Never had any problems with connection, speed, download limits or anything - has been great.

Just trying to trim the fat at the moment - started with jettisoning Sky for free to air ☺️

A.

Hi All,

For anyone interested in getting even more value out of their Digiweb Fritzbox we have just added the Fritz DECT 500 Smart Bulb available to purchase via our website : https://digiweb.ie/product/fritz-dect500/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kopfile1

I'm a new customer and need in writing before my cooling off period ends that I wont be charged or cut off or throttled if I exceed this "UNLIMITED" limit . 2TB IS NOTHING IN 2020 Call of duty is 150gb . 4K netflix can use 10gb an hour multiply that by 4 chromecasts and it soon adds up .
    My first week and I see I'm up to 550gb . This is ridiculious living in doubt about the fact that your unlimited fiber broadband is in fact limited .I think Joe Duffy might have to get to the bottom of this along with Comreg .

Up it to 3tb and stop the lies about unlimited or go by your word and make it unlimited .

Hi, we are currently reviewing our FUP however as an immediate step our qouted FUP allowance will increase to 2 TB. It is important to note that this isn't a hard cap. Before notifying customers of excessive usage we take a number of factors into consideration including network utilisation, customers average monthly usage etc. We always communicate with customers re FUP before taking any action

I'm a new customer and need in writing before my cooling off period ends that I wont be charged or cut off or throttled if I exceed this "UNLIMITED" limit . 2TB IS NOTHING IN 2020 Call of duty is 150gb . 4K netflix can use 10gb an hour multiply that by 4 chromecasts and it soon adds up .
    My first week and I see I'm up to 550gb . This is ridiculious living in doubt about the fact that your unlimited fiber broadband is in fact limited .I think Joe Duffy might have to get to the bottom of this along with Comreg .

Up it to 3tb and stop the lies about unlimited or go by your word and make it unlimited .

• Advertisement

apophis32 wrote: »
    OK! thank you, that just could (for now) stop me moving away from Digiweb to a truly unlimited ISP, such as , Sky, Eir, Airwire or Westnet, .....don't know Vodafone's current offering's....
    Hopefully Digiweb will follow these other consumer friendly isp's..
    thank you again...

thats false eir charge 2 euro per gb over their limit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭CoBo55

kopfile1 wrote: »
    thats false eir charge 2 euro per gb over their limit

And sky aren't unlimited on their ftth product either. The only truly unlimited provider in Ireland are VM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

CoBo55 wrote: »
    And sky aren't unlimited on their ftth product either. The only truly unlimited provider in Ireland are VM.

You are forgetting Westnet and Airwire.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    You are forgetting Westnet and Airwire.

/M

Are they truly unlimited? They aren't available in my area so I never looked at them closely.

I am pretty sure Eir is unlimited too, it says “Unlimited usage “ in my Eir’s account CP.
    I often went over 2 TB with Eir , they didn’t charge me for that.
    I believe it was long time ago since they changed the policy and ANY NEW customer would be under truly Unlimited policy.
    eir Fibre (Unlimited) and eir Fibre Extreme packages are subject to a fair usage policy of 1TB (1,000GB) per month.
    Usage in excess if this is subject to a charge of €2.50 for every 10 GB up to a maximum of €100 per month (values inclusive of VAT).

This charging is not applicable to new or updated eir Fibre packages ordered after July 25th 2018. Existing eir Fibre customers may request to update their package, subject to current terms and conditions, by contacting our Customer Care team on 1901.

https://www.eir.ie/support/broadband/managing-broadband-usage/

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

Digiweb Siro outage In Kilkenny Today 7th December.
    Took be 50 mins to get through to tech support who have no idea when service will be back.

Siro seems to be struggling around the country with various providers, think I'll stick with VM.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Siro seems to be struggling around the country with various providers, think I'll stick with VM.

My first time down in 2 years tbf.
    Any Digiweb rep on?

booterboy wrote: »
    Any Digiweb rep on?

Kilkenny issues should be fixed now, send us a PM with account number and we'll check ASAP

• Advertisement

booterboy wrote: »
    Any Digiweb rep on?

Never once down with VM in 4 years, well, it was down for a few night hours after a powerful lightning storm, back the next morning. The VDSL providers were out for over a week.

Kilkenny issues should be fixed now, send us a PM with account number and we'll check ASAP

Thanks a million all good now.

Update: digiweb fair usage policy.
    Got an email back confirming 3tb a month if ok and even if I go over that they'll leave me alone. I swear to God I'm doing nothing illegal but xbox games are enormous 205GB for call of duty... 4k streaming. I'm doing 400gb a week. And that's going lightly. 5 outdoor in the house 5 laptops 4 Chromecast 2 xboxs 1 laptop with stadia cctv smart bulbs smart plugs.
    But in all fairness the fiber from digiweb is well able for it. Much better then vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭dasilverfox

11 months into my contract and digiweb have reduced my upload speed to 100mbps. Was on the 1000mb down 200mb upload. Not happy that they didn't let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

11 months into my contract and digiweb have reduced my upload speed to 100mbps. Was on the 1000mb down 200mb upload. Not happy that they didn't let me know.

Hello

I would advise you to follow up on this with customer care first and then if necessary with technical support. If I understand this correctly customers who sign up after 1st July 2020 got the 1000/100 package no matter which ISP they signed up to. Anyone signed up before that were offered 1000/200.

Before you call them their terms & conditions state that you should be contacted in advance of any changes.

Changes to the Services or the Agreement
    Digiweb may vary or change the Agreement or any part of the Services for any commercial, technical or operational reason and any material changes shall be notified to You in advance.
    These General Terms can only be changed by Digiweb giving You thirty (30) days’ notice. In the event of any such alteration, You shall have the option to terminate the Service without penalty during that 30 day notice period, subject to payment by You of all Charges due to date. Your continued use of the Service after this 30 day notice period has expired signifies Your acceptance of any amendment.

Full terms are here:

Terms & Conditions - Digiweb

Thanks for looking that up, yeah i joined up with them january 2020 so i noticed the last speedtest i did was upload of 200mb on the 3rd of december. I ran a few speedtests yesterday the 9th and it's now 100mb. I rang them and i'm expecting a call back soon.

• Advertisement

Update: I've just rang digiweb and cancelled. Not bothered about the upload just bothered they didn't contact me. Anyone else have this happen?

Hi, Existing customers upload speed unchanged, change is just for new customers. Even if you move to new billing package with us once you dont cancel your account your upload speed remains @ 200. If you were to move to another Siro operator and thus take a new service with them then max upload speed available would be 100 Mbps. Send us a PM if you need any help
    Existing customer here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Update: I've just rang digiweb and cancelled. Not bothered about the upload just bothered they didn't contact me. Anyone else have this happen?

Sounds shoddy alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Supertoucher

Called up about transferring/migrating from Vodafone FTTH to Digiweb and had a pretty disappointing phone call. The lady on the phone said they "have had problems in the past" migrating connections and that they could see that my "distribution point's ports were full", and that migrating might cause me to lose my port.

I explained that :
    1. I couldn't understand that - as there are only three households on our lane using FTTH (the other neighbours are elderly and don't have smartphones or computers) and one of those is on a separate DP as they are on the corner of our lane and the main road.
    2. I don't understand the relevance as we have one of the active ports, so how would we lose it, and why would we need another one?

Ultimately she needed to speak to someone about it, and said she'd call back. Of course she never did.

Also queried their clickbaity sales page:

https://digiweb.ie/lightning-ftth-broadband/

The prices are only for the first 3 months and whereas there is an asterisk by the prices - nowhere on the webpage (even in the T&C's from what I could see) does it tell you that or what the asterisks are for. Now, i'm not silly to think it would be that cheap but it's misleading.

Also it doesn't mention the 99 euro FTTH transfer fee anywhere.

I mentioned they should change the page and she said she would get someone on it but that was about 10 days ago, and they haven't changed it. I know from speculatively looking at pricing from before my contract end date, that it's been this way for weeks if not months.

I wouldn't mind so much, but I work in IT and so am knowledgeable of the tech and am responsible for business grade connectivity. I dread to think how confused someone more vulnerable/naive would be in this situation.

I understand that people have had a good experience with Digiweb, but the whole experience felt pretty shady to me, and it seemed clear they aren't interested in transferring/migrating FTTH customers to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Just had an engineer out to upgrade to the 1000gb.
    But because we are upstairs in a duplex he cant do it because they are not allowed to work from height and get on a ladder to drill a hole for the cable....
    If a representative could tell me there is any chance of this happening for us that would be great

• Advertisement

Called up about transferring/migrating from Vodafone FTTH to Digiweb and had a pretty disappointing phone call. The lady on the phone said they "have had problems in the past" migrating connections and that they could see that my "distribution point's ports were full", and that migrating might cause me to lose my port.

I explained that :
    1. I couldn't understand that - as there are only three households on our lane using FTTH (the other neighbours are elderly and don't have smartphones or computers) and one of those is on a separate DP as they are on the corner of our lane and the main road.
    2. I don't understand the relevance as we have one of the active ports, so how would we lose it, and why would we need another one?

Ultimately she needed to speak to someone about it, and said she'd call back. Of course she never did.

Also queried their clickbaity sales page:

https://digiweb.ie/lightning-ftth-broadband/

The prices are only for the first 3 months and whereas there is an asterisk by the prices - nowhere on the webpage (even in the T&C's from what I could see) does it tell you that or what the asterisks are for. Now, i'm not silly to think it would be that cheap but it's misleading.

Also it doesn't mention the 99 euro FTTH transfer fee anywhere.

I mentioned they should change the page and she said she would get someone on it but that was about 10 days ago, and they haven't changed it. I know from speculatively looking at pricing from before my contract end date, that it's been this way for weeks if not months.

I wouldn't mind so much, but I work in IT and so am knowledgeable of the tech and am responsible for business grade connectivity. I dread to think how confused someone more vulnerable/naive would be in this situation.

I understand that people have had a good experience with Digiweb, but the whole experience felt pretty shady to me, and it seemed clear they aren't interested in transferring/migrating FTTH customers to them.

Happy to take PM's on these issues to get them resolved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Supertoucher

I appreciate the response - might PM you next week. Busy trying to tie up loose ends in work for Christmas.

The website issues however are documented well enough above and you can (and should in my opinion) address those in the meantime should you be able.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Can the Fritzbox 7560 be a "base" for a mesh setup or do I need one of the mesh nodes cabled to the router?

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Can the Fritzbox 7560 be a "base" for a mesh setup or do I need one of the mesh nodes cabled to the router?

Not sure what you mean?

If you mean as a Mesh Master - It can be but it's running an older version of the software (v7.12) and unlikely to be updated. https://ftp.avm.de/fritzbox/fritzbox-7560/other/fritz.os/

I got a replacement 7530 off Digiweb and returned my 7560. If you back it up, you can reapply the config to the 7530 without issue.

So siro changed my speed according to digiweb. Can they do that 11 months into my contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

So siro changed my speed according to digiweb. Can they do that 11 months into my contract?

I find that very hard to believe. If this was the case then every other customer using SIRO before 1st July last (irrespective of ISP) would have seen what you experienced happen, as in had their upload speeds halved too.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭apophis32

kopfile1 wrote: »
    Update: digiweb fair usage policy.
    Got an email back confirming 3tb a month if ok and even if I go over that they'll leave me alone. I swear to God I'm doing nothing illegal but xbox games are enormous 205GB for call of duty... 4k streaming. I'm doing 400gb a week. And that's going lightly. 5 outdoor in the house 5 laptops 4 Chromecast 2 xboxs 1 laptop with stadia cctv smart bulbs smart plugs.
    But in all fairness the fiber from digiweb is well able for it. Much better then vodafone.

Hi kopfile1,
    any chance you could post on here or PM me the body of that email (no detail's obviously) as I am a Digiweb customer myself, and such information would be handy to have... 👍
    thanks,
    apophis32

apophis32 wrote: »
    Hi kopfile1,
    any chance you could post on here or PM me the body of that email (no detail's obviously) as I am a Digiweb customer myself, and such information would be handy to have... ðŸ‘
    thanks,
    apophis32
    Don't call someone a liar in private messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭apophis32

Then Prove me wrong, show the evidence that would prove that, then I would Gladly and Humbly apologize, here in this open, public forum, and Would be only Happy to do so.

I await your "Proof"

apophis32

you pm me an email or whats app or any other way i can send you proof boards.ie ids prehistoric software

• Advertisement
Advertisement