Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DigiWeb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

I have been upgraded from 150 to 500 Mbit/sec: I wouldn't know, only that I ran a speed test. It doesn't make any difference. I would have only a maximum 6 gadgets active at one time (2 phones, 2 tablets, TV and PC). Everything worked @ 150 Mbit: no discernible difference when operating at 450 Mbit.

Slight correction: I downloaded a new copy of OfficeLibre to my PC and it only took 5 to 6 seconds (303MB).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Got a text message that the 1gb connection was available for my area. Currently on 350mb with VM.

How are people finding digiweb or would I be mad to switch?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Got a text message that the 1gb connection was available for my area. Currently on 350mb with VM.

How are people finding digiweb or would I be mad to switch?

if you use more than 1tb of data per month regularly you'd be mad to switch as Digiweb have a 1tb fair usage monthly cap in their contract whereas VM is cap free. Other than the cap the service should be similar to VM just faster if it's the gigabit connection you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Gonzo wrote: »
    if you use more than 1tb of data per month regularly you'd be mad to switch as Digiweb have a 1tb fair usage monthly cap in their contract whereas VM is cap free. Other than the cap the service should be similar to VM just faster if it's the gigabit connection you want.

Cheers, yeah that 1TB limit would definitely put me off for now!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cheers, yeah that 1TB limit would definitely put me off for now!

It's the reason myself and a good few other people here over the years have not gone with them. Digiweb are a good choice of provider if your household has light to moderate usage.

Digiweb don't charge a fee for going beyond the cap but they can terminate your internet service.

Taken from their website:

We do not throttle or cap service, however, if a customer exceeds the stated fair usage allowance for data on more than 2 occasions in any 90 day period, then Digiweb reserve the right to terminate or suspend the customer’s service. Digiweb will proactively contact customers in advance of any suspension or termination of service.

2.3 Consequences of exceeding the caps.
    If a customer exceeds the stated fair usage allowance for data on more than 2 occasions in any 90 day period, then Digiweb reserves the right to;

• Suspend your access to the services for one month, with your monthly fee remaining the same; and/or
    • Terminate your account for non-compliance with the provisions of this Fair Usage Policy in accordance with the provisions of Digiweb’s General Terms and Conditions.

Digiweb will proactively contact customers in advance of any suspension or termination of service.

If you download and update several games per month, stream regularly or download/send large files i'd look to Airwire or Eir for gigabit fibre as those have no usage caps to worry about, especially if there are 4 or more internet users in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 collycol

We would like to bring to your attention that Digiweb provides your internet service subject to a fair usage policy. This fair usage policy is detailed within our terms and conditions which are available on our website. The fair usage policy helps us ensure that all Digiweb customers enjoy a high quality of service.

As not all customers would be aware of their usage Digiweb now send notifications via email to customers highlighting excessive usage patterns. In order to determine if your traffic usage is excessive, we look at a rolling 30 day window of your upstream + downstream traffic. Warning notifications are sent if this measure exceeds 80% of 350GB.

This email is a warning that your traffic usage is becoming excessive. Detailed information on your traffic usage is attached to this email.

We would ask that you limit the activity that is causing such high levels of traffic usage. Failure to do so could, per our terms and conditions, lead to your service being restricted or disconnected.

If you wish to monitor your traffic usage there are tools available such as bit meter or du meter.

Monthly usage cap upgrades may be purchased by contacting our Customer Support Team and we offer upgrades as follows:
    100 GB for 6.50EUR
    250 GB for 12.50EUR
    500 GB for 25.00EUR

We thank you for your co-operation and trust you will continue to enjoy our services.

If you have any queries or require further information please contact our Customer Support Team on 1918 or 1890940400, email support or visit digiweb

Kind regards,

Digiweb Customer Care Team

Used to 24 Mb/s now get 17 Mb/s on their ftth product. They said that I have to go to argos to buy a landline phone to plug to help them trouble shoot it and they would refund the price of the phone. That was a bit weird. There were outages sometimes for the full weekend as they only had an outsourced call centre on saturday that couldn't really do anything except take contact details and wait till monday. Engineer came once and said that the lines are corroded and that is the reason for the slowdown in speed and that he would replace them the following week. That was last year and still waiting. Also, it is interesting that fibre can corrode.

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

collycol wrote: »
    Used to 24 Mb/s now get 17 Mb/s on their ftth product. They said that I have to go to argos to buy a landline phone to plug to help them trouble shoot it and they would refund the price of the phone. That was a bit weird. There were outages sometimes for the full weekend as they only had an outsourced call centre on saturday that couldn't really do anything except take contact details and wait till monday. Engineer came once and said that the lines are corroded and that is the reason for the slowdown in speed and that he would replace them the following week. That was last year and still waiting. Also, it is interesting that fibre can corrode.

Hi, this really doesnt sound like you are on our FTTH product. Would you mind sending a PM and we'll take a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

collycol wrote: »

That sounds like you’re on a VDSL2 product that’s running on a very long line - and you’re far from the cabinet.

Is your modem plugged into a phone jack or is there a fibre optic cable coming into your home?

OpenEir and everyone else used to refer to cabinet launched (FTTC) which is copper based VDSL as “fibre” even though it was actually only fibre to cabinet and copper to your house. That’s no longer allowed and they’ll tend to call it stuff like “super fast broadband”.

• Advertisement

The modems plugs into the usual phone socket on the wall. It says on the bill : Package description: FTTH Home Broadband w Phone, Around 250 metres from cabinet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

I'm in Mullingar, Internet totally down for the last half hour. Trying to call, with no joy. Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

dragona wrote: »
    I'm in Mullingar, Internet totally down for the last half hour. Trying to call, with no joy. Anyone else?

In Mullingar and down for the past 30 mins also

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Digiweb down in Navan

Got through to Digiweb using Chat
    They are aware abut broadband outage
    They said they have engeniger working on fixing issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

paulboland wrote: »
    Digiweb down in Navan

Got through to Digiweb using Chat
    They are aware abut broadband outage
    They said they have engeniger working on fixing issue
    I presume you are using SIRO. If so there is a major outage on the network affecting a lot of areas. I got this info when I contacted support. I live in Naas.

Update. Service is back up here in Naas. Should also hopefully be back with you now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Its back in mullingar

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Advertisement

Apologies to all affected. We had an outage on part of our Siro network which is now resolved. Looking closely at what happened to avoid a repeat.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Quick questions related to Digiweb's VDSL2 products.

Are included calls routed over VoIP or analogue phone line? Basically will a monitored alarm system that currently uses a voice dialler continue to work?

Also do Digiweb include a package that includes unlimited mobile calls and how much is it with VDSL2?

Bonkers.ie seems to suggest such a package exist on Digiweb, but I don't see it listed on the digiweb website.

Thanks.

bk wrote: »
    Quick questions related to Digiweb's VDSL2 products.

Are included calls routed over VoIP or analogue phone line? Basically will a monitored alarm system that currently uses a voice dialler continue to work?

Also do Digiweb include a package that includes unlimited mobile calls and how much is it with VDSL2?

Bonkers.ie seems to suggest such a package exist on Digiweb, but I don't see it listed on the digiweb website.

Thanks.

BK. This link may answer your question. It depends on which modem they supply you. If it is the Fritzbox 7530 or 7560 there is a phone port on the back potentially meaning you can use VOIP. Otherwise it will be the existing phone line.

https://digiweb.ie/superfast-broadband-unlimited-plus-free-calls-anytime/

Further information may be found if you go to the end of the home page.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

cunnijo wrote: »
    BK. This link may answer your question. It depends on which modem they supply you. If it is the Fritzbox 7530 or 7560 there is a phone port on the back potentially meaning you can use VOIP. Otherwise it will be the existing phone line.

https://digiweb.ie/superfast-broadband-unlimited-plus-free-calls-anytime/

Further information may be found if you go to the end of the home page.

Ah, thanks cunnijo, well that link is to the product including the anytime mobile calls that my sister would need, thanks.

Still not quiet clear if you have to use VoIP or can use regular phone line. The point is she has a monitored alarm, which won't work over VoIP, she needs it to remain a fully analog line. I know Vodafone are switching people to VoIP, which is not what she wants.

Ah, thanks cunnijo, well that link is to the product including the anytime mobile calls that my sister would need, thanks.

Still not quiet clear if you have to use VoIP or can use regular phone line. The point is she has a monitored alarm, which won't work over VoIP, she needs it to remain a fully analog line. I know Vodafone are switching people to VoIP, which is not what she wants.

BK I am glad that the link is the right one.

In relation to the monitored alarm technology has vastly changed to the extent that a phone line is no longer needed. There is the option of a GSM dialler (using the mobile network) or more recently over wifi. This is something you or your sister should discuss with the alarm monitoring company.

In relation to VOIP as I mentioned in my previous post it will depend on which modem Digiweb give her. If it is the 7530 then all calls can be routed through the modem using the VDSL part of the connection. If she follows up with the alarm company then she could save money by removing the monthly line rental for the analogue part of the line.

Also if she knows someone who is an existing Digiweb customer she can save €30 on her 2nd bill if they recommend her or allow her to use their contact phone or account number when ordering.

• Advertisement

Hi, we provide both options VOIP where you plug phone into back of modem and POTS where you plug the phone into the wall. POTS option is a little more expensive as need to pay for line rental. Send us a PM if you'd like more info

Digiweb wrote: »
    Hi, we provide both options VOIP where you plug phone into back of modem and POTS where you plug the phone into the wall. POTS option is a little more expensive as need to pay for line rental. Send us a PM if you'd like more info

Thanks very much, that is great that you offer both options and I completely understand the need to charge more for the POTS line.

I'll pass the info onto my sister and I'll PM you if she decides to pursue it.
    In relation to the monitored alarm technology has vastly changed to the extent that a phone line is no longer needed. There is the option of a GSM dialler (using the mobile network) or more recently over wifi. This is something you or your sister should discuss with the alarm monitoring company.

Thanks, yes I'm well aware of that ;)

Given the age of her alarm system she would need to upgrade both the panel and get the GSM/Wifi module. It would all end up costing about €500, so it wouldn't really make economic sense versus her just sticking with the Vodafone service she already has.

I'm aware that there are security benefits in upgrading the alarm. She would gain dual path comms and the ability to use the HKC app to remotely arm/disarm/etc.

So I had already previously discussed that with her, it is something she is interested in doing, but I'm not sure if she is in a position to do that today.

Thanks to you both for the great help, I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

So does Digiweb really only provide 100 Mbit/s upload speed on their SIRO offering??
    All other ones I have seen offer 200 Mbit/s upload and this is important to me for things like using cloud storage for backups etc. ....

Also, does Digiweb offer phone add-on packages with calls to e.g. the US etc. ?

Stone wrote: »
    So does Digiweb really only provide 100 Mbit/s upload speed on their SIRO offering??
    All other ones I have seen offer 200 Mbit/s upload and this is important to me for things like using cloud storage for backups etc. ....

Also, does Digiweb offer phone add-on packages with calls to e.g. the US etc. ?

All Siro providers from 01/07/20 can only offer 100 Meg upload on the 1000 Meg download package for new customers. No exceptions. Existing customers that were on this package before 01/07/20 are uneffected and maintain 200 Meg

Yes phone add-on's available for example Talk World : https://digiweb.ie/product/talk-world/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

All Siro providers from 01/07/20 can only offer 100 Meg upload on the 1000 Meg download package for new customers. No exceptions. Existing customers that were on this package before 01/07/20 are uneffected and maintain 200 Meg

Yes phone add-on's available for example Talk World : https://digiweb.ie/product/talk-world/

Thanks a mill for the very fast response ;)

Now, I am an existing SIRO customer with 1000/200 Meg, just not currently with Digiweb - if I were to move to Digiweb would I be considered an existing customer and retain my 200 Meg upload ... or a new customer and be 'downgraded' to 100 Meg ?

Stone wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for the very fast response ;)

Now, I am an existing SIRO customer with 1000/200 Meg, just not currently with Digiweb - if I were to move to Digiweb would I be considered an existing customer and retain my 200 Meg upload ... or a new customer and be 'downgraded' to 100 Meg ?

Unfortunately you'd be considered a new customer and would get 1000/100 package. Unfair (we agree)! Works the same with all providers so if you need to maintain the 200 Mbps upload you are stuck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Is it possible I could choose which Fritzbox router to get from Digiweb as a new customer for the 1000/100 package even if there's an extra cost?

I'm looking at the Fritzbox 6890 LTE https://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-6890-lte/

I'd like to have the ability of using a data sim card for camera / alarm monitoring in case the fibre service goes down

JethroC wrote: »
    Is it possible I could choose which Fritzbox router to get from Digiweb as a new customer for the 1000/100 package even if there's an extra cost?

I'm looking at the Fritzbox 6890 LTE https://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-6890-lte/

I'd like to have the ability of using a data sim card for camera / alarm monitoring in case the fibre service goes down

Hi, Yes could do. The 6890 is very pricey though, you'd be looking at an extra 300 for this device!

What is the standard fritzbox router model provided by Digiweb?

JethroC wrote: »
    What is the standard fritzbox router model provided by Digiweb?

They supply the 7530.

• Advertisement

They supply the 7530.

Yes 7530 standard at moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Hi
    To the original OP I'm with Digiweb 4+ years on their 45e package of Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) 100MB/S.
    99% of the time it has been fine or just something small however....
    Last Friday the 14th I got a text saying our connection was down, It turned out that it was an outage in ship st (I live around the corner)
    The next day I phoned Digiweb and was told that Eircom told them that they were working on it, I strolled down twice and no sign of anyone.
    Digiweb closes Sunday so could't contact them.
    Yesterday I phoned at 9am and was told by support that Eircom told them they would have it fixed by Midnight!!
    This morning the 4th day with no connection I phoned again, it was the same customer support guy and after badgering him he phoned eircom again who simply told him yet again they're working on it! There was no real information there ofc and that is what's really annoying me, Digiweb pay Eircom for their line and are simply to passive in trying to get proper information, my contact guy even said I should phone eircom!!!!
    (I tried but can't get through as I have no contract with them when their automated crap tells me what is my account # or phone #which obviously I don't have and it then cut's me off)

Hi
    To the original OP I'm with Digiweb 4+ years on their 45e package of Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) 100MB/S.
    99% of the time it has been fine or just something small however....
    Last Friday the 14th I got a text saying our connection was down, It turned out that it was an outage in ship st (I live around the corner)
    The next day I phoned Digiweb and was told that Eircom told them that they were working on it, I strolled down twice and no sign of anyone.
    Digiweb closes Sunday so could't contact them.
    Yesterday I phoned at 9am and was told by support that Eircom told them they would have it fixed by Midnight!!
    This morning the 4th day with no connection I phoned again, it was the same customer support guy and after badgering him he phoned eircom again who simply told him yet again they're working on it! There was no real information there ofc and that is what's really annoying me, Digiweb pay Eircom for their line and are simply to passive in trying to get proper information, my contact guy even said I should phone eircom!!!!
    (I tried but can't get through as I have no contract with them when their automated crap tells me what is my account # or phone #which obviously I don't have and it then cut's me off)

Really sorry for the inconvienience here, we had been pushing OpenEir hard to get issues resolved which i believe it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭robbe

Hi,

Considering switching from Virgin Media (have white Virgin Media Hub which has constant red light and daily wifi issues) but am concerned about the fair usage policy. This is my last few bill period's usage and based on this I'd be killed by the fair usage charges in previous pages. While I am working from home (there are another 5 people in the house too) I can't see this changing much, has anyone been charged by Digiweb for excess usage? Lots of teenage gamers in the house which doesn't help.....am I mad to consider moving?

Billing period Download Upload Total
    21 Jul - 20 Aug 2,177.79 GB 81.02 GB 2,258.81 GB
    21 Jun - 20 Jul 1,856.19 GB 84.16 GB 1,940.34 GB
    21 May - 20 Jun 2,345.97 GB 82.49 GB 2,428.45 GB

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

I'm also interested to know what Digiweb plans to do with it's fair usage policy now that Eir has removed it. Having a 1TB limit on a 500MB-1GB connection seems overly restrictive nowadays, between 4K Netflix, game streamers, remote working with large VMs, docker images, 1TB is not a lot of data for a month

TheSegal wrote: »
    I'm also interested to know what Digiweb plans to do with it's fair usage policy now that Eir has removed it. Having a 1TB limit on a 500MB-1GB connection seems overly restrictive nowadays, between 4K Netflix, game streamers, remote working with large VMs, docker images, 1TB is not a lot of data for a month

Digiweb's 1TB limit has remained unchanged since 2016. Back in 2017 when I first got FTTH their limit was the same as everyone elses but most ISP's have either removed the cap (Eir, Airwire) or increased it (Sky). In 2020 a cap of 1tb is an absolute deal breaker for me and many others who make an easy decision to go with either Eir or Airwire instead.

When the next generation consoles are released in November, this cap is going to get eaten up even faster as many pc/ps5 and xbox series X games will be 100 to 200gigs per game from then due to 4k textures and an increase in most assets powering these games. Patch updates to software, operating systems are also increasing in size every year.

Hi, we are currently reviewing our FUP however as an immediate step our qouted FUP allowance will increase to 2 TB. It is important to note that this isn't a hard cap. Before notifying customers of excessive usage we take a number of factors into consideration including network utilisation, customers average monthly usage etc. We always communicate with customers re FUP before taking any action

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

Yes 7530 standard at moment

Hi there - that's interesting.

I am a completely new customer and I just signed up for the Superfast Broadband Unlimited plus Free Anytime Calls package. FTTC.

The modem that arrived was a fritz-box 7430. It is good condition (just a few marks) - but it definitely looks as if it has been used before.

Not a showstopper ........ but I was a little disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Jimmyireland

1dave123 wrote: »

I am a completely new customer and I just signed up for the Superfast Broadband Unlimited plus Free Anytime Calls package. FTTC.

The modem that arrived was a fritz-box 7430. It is good condition (just a few marks) - but it definitely looks as if it has been used before.

Same as that...looks like I got a damaged cable as well

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

1dave123 wrote: »

I think that's the one they sent me out initially too, when I signed up for their SIRO fibre package.

At the time, when I contacted them, I was told it was only until the 7530 was back in stock. They did send me out the 7530 to swap out with the older one a few weeks later.

It might be no harm to contact them, see what the craic is, probably a similar situation, especially these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭apophis32

Hi, we are currently reviewing our FUP however as an immediate step our qouted FUP allowance will increase to 2 TB. It is important to note that this isn't a hard cap. Before notifying customers of excessive usage we take a number of factors into consideration including network utilisation, customers average monthly usage etc. We always communicate with customers re FUP before taking any action

Hi there,
    Will the new 2 TB fup apply to fttc customer's also... thanks in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

Thanks byte for taking the time to reply. That's good to know.

I did phone DWeb yesterday just to check and the sales person told me that the 7430 was the standard modern for the FTTC and sometimes new customers are sent refurbished modems. I took from it that it's kinda the luck of the draw.

Anyway - it's not a major issue ..... it just took me by surprise .......especially as it had followed a few other small issues. Example : I hadn't received the text notification that the modem was even arriving. Something somewhere went wrong and I had to contact Digiweb Friday pm to find out if the modem had been posted and to get the tracking number.

All in all I don't think I would call this the smoothest new customer experience I have ever had - but what can you do. Given other very positive feedback I have read about DWeb maybe my expectations were set too high.

The engineer arrives Tuesday to do the fibre socket installation. Hopefully things will get better from there.

apophis32 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Will the new 2 TB fup apply to fttc customer's also... thanks in advance...

Yes

Yes

OK! thank you, that just could (for now) stop me moving away from Digiweb to a truly unlimited ISP, such as , Sky, Eir, Airwire or Westnet, .....don't know Vodafone's current offering's....
    Hopefully Digiweb will follow these other consumer friendly isp's..
    thank you again...

• Advertisement

apophis32 wrote: »
    OK! thank you, that just could (for now) stop me moving away from Digiweb to a truly unlimited ISP, such as , Sky, Eir, Airwire or Westnet, .....don't know Vodafone's current offering's....
    Hopefully Digiweb will follow these other consumer friendly isp's..
    thank you again...

Sky isn't truly unlimited, It is on FTTC services but not for FTTH. Sky have a 2tb monthly limit with their FTTH plans.

Gonzo wrote: »
    Sky isn't truly unlimited, It is on FTTC services but not for FTTH. Sky have a 2tb monthly limit with their FTTH plans.

Well... I'm currently on fttc, so..? that's what I'm interested in...
    But Thanks again anyway...ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Maybe Boards:Digiweb or a Fritzbox 7530 user could advise me here. I've looked at the manuals and Fritzbox support online but the technical language goes over my head.

Is it possible to block external connections to the router? A more or less blanket block apart from from my sons gaming (if that's relevant). Without going into the exact reasons, can I drill down through the menu and set something on or off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Is it possible to block external connections to the router? A more or less blanket block apart from from my sons gaming (if that's relevant). Without going into the exact reasons, can I drill down through the menu and set something on or off?

Thats what NAT routers (Inc the fritz) already do. If a connection comes out its established and maintained, if it comes in unsolicited it's just dropped.

You could block all traffic by unplugging it or you'll probably need to describe the end goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I understand that no services are open to the outside internet by default. You can enable web or ftp access but you actually have to do it. Standard setting is all off.
    Options can be found under Internet/Permit Access. If there is nothing 'on' under 'Port Sharing' or 'Fritzbox Services' you should be fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement