Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Longford travellers in major row on towns main Street.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

At least they've moved on From Aldi.

We must protect our indigenous culture at all costs. Especially that of the taxpayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭pgj2015

A video of some the incident is available.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PSvtBYXy4EA7M9Yh6

post it up:)

all i managed to see what 3 ejits talking outside a house to another rival ejit. one of them of course wearing shorts in winter, what is the story with them always wearing shorts? do they think they are in jamacia or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Pavee point will be on to tell us that it was settled folk and how dare they speak out of traveling people in such a manner...

Travellers that don't travel and are constantly speaking out of how they aren't provided housing but yet they are it's just they tend to destroy and burn most of these properties....

Nutgrove had amazing newly built detached homes 2 destroyed, 1 done up and destroyed again so both stand as shells for the last many years.....

Amazing country how is tax paying fools fund these thugs, drug dealers, robbers and plain old spongers.

• Advertisement

Pavee point will be on to tell us that it was settled folk and how dare they speak out of traveling people in such a manner...

Pavee Point will scurry into the undergrowth, only to re-emerge when the "racism" cry is heard.

Pavee Point will scurry into the undergrowth, only to re-emerge when the "racism" cry is heard.

Ah yes the Irish people are actually racist against them, I heard that been spouted out on the radio by the pavee point CEO or leader whatever he was during the week....

What an absolute numpty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

That's pretty bad regardless of who is involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Isn't that the infamous "Razor Blade alley" where they are fighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

jester77 wrote: »
    Isn't that the infamous "Razor Blade alley" where they are fighting?

Aye, it's their rat run.
    It's just outside the post office there, not hard to guess what they're there for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Terrible shame we can't stick them all in some sort of thunderdome and let them at it. You could sell tickets, a way for them to pay back the money that's been wasted on them over the generations. Last man standing gets a foreva home for himself and his 25 kids complete with stables.

Ah yes the Irish people are actually racist against them, I heard that been spouted out on the radio by the pavee point CEO or leader whatever he was during the week....

What an absolute numpty.

Sure why else would you throw bricks at each other? Why else would you have feuds between families that are solved with slash hooks? Racism of course!

Before Lincoln set the slaves free in America all they did was hurl bricks at each other and burn down their own houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,217 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Can't we just rehouse them on an island somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I don't think a Hunger Games situation is the answer, though it is disgraceful behaviour and just basically flaunts how little they think of the laws of this land that they can get away with doing something like this in public and there's no consequences for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,515 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

ELM327 wrote: »

They're already on an island. This one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

I wonder what would happen if they tried to steal Father Jack's whiskey...

They're already on an island. This one!

A different island with no real people on it
    One island for these problems, and another island for the junkies.
    Keep Ireland free of the social problems brought by both groups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Could just get the single mothers and their children to shoot them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Longford is such a nice Market town, shame to see such shenanigans.

I'm suspicious though, that video looked to be taken around 9am, at the start of the working day.

Something doesn't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

riemann wrote: »

I'm suspicious though, that video looked to be taken around 9am, at the start of the working day.

Up all night on the lash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Aye, it's their rat run.
    It's just outside the post office there, not hard to guess what they're there for.

Rob it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

A different island with no real people on it
    One island for these problems, and another island for the junkies.
    Keep Ireland free of the social problems brought by both groups

And you on another one.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

thank you Enda Kenny

its all you will ever be remembered for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

frag420 wrote: »
    Rob it?

Ah please come off it.

No doubt posting the long list of Christmas cards, one must allow for extra time when the recipient is on the move.

riemann wrote: »

Dole day.....

Sure of course they are up for working hours that's how they Rob your house or farm while you are actually out working

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PringleDemon

pgj2015 wrote: »
    post it up:)

all i managed to see what 3 ejits talking outside a house to another rival ejit. one of them of course wearing shorts in winter, what is the story with them always wearing shorts? do they think they are in jamacia or something?

Shorts ? Sure them lads never work so they are always on holiday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Beautiful culture, to be cherished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

I t ' s
    M e
    C u l t u r e
    B o s s

And you on another one.

Considering I am not engaging in en masse violence and claiming "iss mah culshur boss", no I'm fine thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What's the deal with Longford and Drogheda? I just constantly hear about this kind of thing happening in those two towns in particular.
    Both of them have issues with travellers but also other members of society.
    Are those towns really that bad? I've not been to ether in many years.

Wait till Christmas week and the towns are taken over by flashy motors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

A personal rant: why are these incidents always called “unsavory”? Is there a menu or something?

Wait till Christmas week and the towns are taken over by flashy motors

I might check out Rathkeale this year since I'm not too far away. I hear it's a real spectacle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

You know it's bad when young traveller girl with kid is seen running away from it

Jokers they are. But the SJW will be along soon to say they are mis-understood etc etc

tuxy wrote: »
    I might check out Rathkeale this year since I'm not too far away. I hear it's a real spectacle.

Best of luck, hope to see you make it back out.

• Advertisement

Best of luck, hope to see you make it back out.

Once the armed unit of the Garda do their job again this year it should be ok.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    They are the richest people in Longford graveyard.

Well they must be with monstrous monuments in sites closest to the road there south of the town. They cannot cry poverty considering these may cost the price of a small new car

Is a golden age for stonemasons in Longford

100s of thousands spent on graves....

Considering I am not engaging in en masse violence and claiming "iss mah culshur boss", no I'm fine thanks

Ah go on. You’d love it.

100s of thousands spent on graves....

Any going cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

YYeeeesss, I love being enriched by this culture ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,229 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

“Shorts and hoodies”.
    Sums them up.
    Culture boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭pgj2015

tuxy wrote: »
    What's the deal with Longford and Drogheda? I just constantly hear about this kind of thing happening in those two towns in particular.
    Both of them have issues with travellers but also other members of society.
    Are those towns really that bad? I've not been to ether in many years.

Not sure about Drogheda but Longford Town is and always was a total kip, mostly because of the people who live there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭threeball

Terrible shame we can't stick them all in some sort of thunderdome and let them at it. You could sell tickets, a way for them to pay back the money that's been wasted on them over the generations. Last man standing gets a foreva home for himself and his 25 kids complete with stables.

They'd be back up to full population within the breeding lives of the children

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Not sure about Drogheda but Longford Town is and always was a total kip, mostly because of the people who live there.

There are a few bad elements in it for sure, but mostly there are a lot of decent hard working people in it.
    It's just got to the stage though with drugs and night fights and traveller feuds that the decent element rarely go out in the town.
    There does seem to be a serious lack of visible policing on the streets, maybe that's just me, but it's not common to see gardai on foot patrol around the town. Maybe that's due to numbers and I know they can't be everywhere.
    But lately there have been stabbings and a lot of street violence in the town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Nothing wrong with a bit of home grown culture. If any innocent bystander had got hurt well it would have been very racist of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

In an ideal world, the state would implement some integration program for travellers and start it from a very early age. They could give them monetary incentives to stay in school, to become members of the workforce and not be a general burden.

However, the ridiculous decision to give them "Ethnic" status means they and their "culture" are pretty much untouchable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I just realised that this is a traveller bashing thread... about travellers bashing each other!! :pac::pac:

Woo Hooo !!! boom! boom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭baldbear

Completely disagree. Longford town has great people. The law have allowed travellers to run riot in the town. Give them Mickey mouse sentences & they keep fighting. The traveller culture is the problem in Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The scourge of society

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement