Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2016: What did you buy today?

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Bought some stamps the other day. I hate the post office because the queues are always out the door, and I'm not interested in spending my Saturday morning queuing! A friend told me you could buy them online and postage is only 72 cent. I think being able to spend my Saturday morning in bed is worth 72 cent! Going to write the cards this weekend.

Bought some stamps the other day. I hate the post office because the queues are always out the door, and I'm not interested in spending my Saturday morning queuing! A friend told me you could buy them online and postage is only 72 cent. I think being able to spend my Saturday morning in bed is worth 72 cent! Going to write the cards this weekend.

To be honest. If An Post are looking for ways to keep people posting, they should be sent postage free. A marketing opportunity missed there!

To be honest. If An Post are looking for ways to keep people posting, they should be sent postage free. A marketing opportunity missed there!

Absolutely, but 72 cent is still okay. The price of a stamp is going to go up by a lot fairly soon so I don't think An Post will be offering free delivery at all. It's all about the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

4 boxes of chocolate in dunnes for €20, because the other 2 seems to have disappeared since the toy show! Won't be opening these til Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

4 boxes of chocolate in dunnes for €20, because the other 2 seems to have disappeared since the toy show! Won't be opening these til Christmas!

Yep I'll also be replenishing a box or three that mysteriously got eaten!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Yep I'll also be replenishing a box or three that mysteriously got eaten!!!

Same here..chocolate Kimberlys just disappeared.

Famous last words!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Famous last words!

I promise! No chocs till Christmas, have a teeny tiny dress to get into! Just back from Tesco where I've stocked up on wine, processco and port for Christmas. It will also remain untouched til Christmas eve!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Just bought a Santa hat for my little boy, and some random unnecessary decorations in Woodies, to add to all the other unnecessary decs I've bought this week. I keep going in to buy outdoor lights, but convincing myself there'll be more reductions if I wait another while!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Bought battery fairy lights for mini tree in our bedroom, fleece pjs and socks for Christmas eve in Penneys! Also bought 1 million aftershave set for brother in secret santa so it will be part of his present. I also bought two stockings!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Got a Yankee Candle set in Hickeys Drogheda half price for 24.99 - two medium jars, Berry trifle and all is bright. Am now frantically lighting every candle in the house si that I use them up and can open the Yankees lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Anyone get nice lights to run along the mantlepiece?

I picked up fairy lights in Dunnes they sit nicely over my garland, Penneys have nice battery operated ones too that is bought for my outside wreath and hanging basket

Shoe lover I love Berry Triffle Yankee I had it lighting earlier
    Picked up place mats with matching coasters for the big day, 2 jars of Nutella with personalised names on them in really cute wrapping for two special people can't wait to see their faces when I give it to them it's not their main present just for something under the tree
    New hand towels for my mams house
    Some silver tinsel for my stairs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Where did you get the nutella sarah..it would be perfect for a little nutella addict that I know..

Colser wrote: »
    Where did you get the nutella sarah..it would be perfect for a little nutella addict that I know..

I came across them in the Brown Thomas Christmas shop they are so cute and the gift wrapping is fab 3rd floor you will find them :)

Bought a lovely Glade candle in Tesco. It was half price. I have a terrible cold though so I can't use it until I can smell again! Same goes for the Christmas air freshener.

Also got a lovely little lantern tealight holder in Arnotts.

And most importantly, I got my first party food of the year! I love party food.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I can't do scented candles any more, they make me wheezy :( I did however raid Meadows and Bynes' in Tralee and get nice tall pillar ones.
    I also hit Tk Maxx and got Jelly Baby dispensing machines (and cheapie jelly beans in a supermarket.) For the staff Secret Santa, I got lovely little cups and saucers which would do for espresso and for desserts too. They only had one set left, sadly as now I don't want to hand them over!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

These are the little cups .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i got amazon echo today for the other half... i cant wait for him to open it and me steal it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

These are the little cups .

They are really nice. Keep them !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've had all presents bought and wrapped for over a week, and also the majority of my cards written. Had to buy the final two cards today so now I'm 100% finished :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

I have to stick with food gifting this year. Today I bought 3 cherry pies, 2 apple pies, 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies, 1 coffee cake and an assorted tray of cheesecakes (I splurged!)... Plus a Lasagna and Rice Pudding for a simple, quiet (tasty!) Christmas dinner.

Still have cards to write, food deliveries to make, and a tree :eek: to tackle! :) Happy Christmas everybuddy :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Did you buy the rice pudding ? I have a fussy guest this year and unfortunately m and s don't seem to stock them in the run up to Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Decorations.. Actually a week old so apologies for the delay, thought the bears are too cute not to put up...

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

Where did you get the beers turtle - so cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Daylemon Designs on Camden Street. Think they're from the Catherine Victoria cherished moments collection. I just find the little faces so cute

Advertisement