Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2016: What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I bought a lovely wooden decorative reindeer figure in Lidl for €3.99. HE has some star shapes cut out in him and a ribbon round his neck with some bells on the ends. Classic kinda scnadinavian style - he'll go well in our newly decorated living room! Bf spotted him on the kitchen table and was kinda wondering where he came from,,,we have tones of decorations between the two of us, I really didn't need to buy any more but I couldn't leave him behind!

miamee wrote: »
    I bought a lovely wooden decorative reindeer,,,we have tones of decorations between the two of us, I really didn't need to buy any more but I couldn't leave him behind!

Of course you couldn't. He would have been sad and lonely there because all of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names!

Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

My Disney order came yesterday! :D Got those Mickey & Minnie Christmas teddies and this pretty Tinkerbell tree bauble!! http://www.disneystore.co.uk/tinker-bell-bauble-disneyland-paris-476334432662.html?cgid=1500055

I ordered spicebomb gift with 90ml bottle for OH on boots last night for €76!! Delighted as the normal price for 90ml bottle in local chemist is €75!! I also ordered a Chelsea jersey for €35! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SIOBhm81

I got some lovely christmas cards in M&S they were half price I also got a lovely set of battery operated lights in Tesco reduced from 20e to 10e they are fab there in the shape of reindeers with gold glitter going to put them on my mantle piece...also seen fab crackers in eurogiant today for 6e they are red and green was going to treat myself to a box out of tk maxx but the ones in eurogiant are actually nicer going to get them tomorrow along with some lovely tinsel I seen in Tesco its 4.50 for the strand but its really sparkly and chunky

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Malari wrote: »
    When I saw your post I got one too...for my husband :D

We got a dog advent calendar in Lidl today, so the only one in our house who doesn't have their own advent calendar is my husband :pac:

My little boy did his Christmas shopping in Lidl, got the presents for his grandparents. He's doing a little 'hamper' for them so he got a box of turkish delight, butter fudge, chocolate orange creams, sugared jellies and a little packet of Christmas decorations, then got a little gift bag for it all to go in. The whole thing worked out at less than €15 per present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

My shower curtain finally arrived!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Gutter hooks ;)

kitten_k wrote: »
    My shower curtain finally arrived!!

It's up ðŸ˜႒

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    It's up ðŸ˜႒

Oh it's fab!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

kitten_k wrote:
    It's up ðŸ˜႒

I can't stop looking at it!
    It's absolutely gorgeous, kitten_k.

Also, when can I come over to take a shower? ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

It was worth the wait!

You can come over anytime French Girl!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

kitten_k wrote:
    It was worth the wait!

kitten_k wrote:
    You can come over anytime French Girl!

Ah, you're sweet, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Got my first Christmas hat and gloves in Penneys!! &#55357;&#56833; the hat is red/navy with candysticks all over and it lights up too. Gloves are Santa. I saw a nice navy jumper saying I <3 Santa but they had none in my size so I messaged my local store and they put it on hold for me! Also got Christmas Mickey Mouse teddy and wee backpack for nephew/godson in Disney store.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

Do penneys still have the pjs in boxes gift sets...was n blanchardstwn today and didn't see them...was looking for Harry potter ones????

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I bought a turkey crown today! We're having a pre-Christmas Christmas dinner tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

puma90 wrote: »
    Do penneys still have the pjs in boxes gift sets...was n blanchardstwn today and didn't see them...was looking for Harry potter ones????

Puma I was in Omni in Santry I seen them there today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i got himself some converse on sale earlier 45 squid! nice!

i wish i found as much stuff for myself on sale as i do him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Converse on sale, where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Saw a lady bustling through town at 10:30 yesterday morning; bags upon bags and wrapping paper in tow. She had a look on her face like "That's Christmas sorted now."

But it's never sorted, is it. We never really have everything, because nothing one could buy will ever fill that emptiness inside of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 yamadeejit

Saw a lady bustling through town at 10:30 yesterday morning; bags upon bags and wrapping paper in tow. She had a look on her face like "That's Christmas sorted now."

But it's never sorted, is it. We never really have everything, because nothing one could buy will ever fill that emptiness inside of us.

Very well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Converse on sale, where?

two pairs - in my other half's size were 45 euro on the JD site... :)

used a code to get free delivery! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I got an order delivered from boots - Hugo boss for my boyfriend and I got a bottle for my dad also. We do Secret Santa with some friends and I picked her up 3 small gifts from the 3 for 2 range to go with the other gifts I got her also - some soap and glory, lip glosses and lip balms.

I'm NEARLY finished :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I need to purchase the OH some perfume, think I will sneak off at the airport.

Do you not find it strange that your dad and boyfriend will smell the same? Well if you didnt now you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Anyone get nice lights to run along the mantlepiece?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭claregal1

Got some fab Christmas wine glasses in the 2euro shop for €5 a pair , saw something very similar to them in Carrigg Donn for €20 !
    Sent a photo of them on to my daughter in college and she sent back a photo of her new favourite wine , which comes cheap according to her , only €21 a bottle haha !

shakencat wrote: »
    two pairs - in my other half's size were 45 euro on the JD site... :)

used a code to get free delivery! :)

I picked up 3 pairs of Nikes for my kids online with JDs - €352 ! I nearly fainted at the price of them !!!

claregal1 wrote: »
    Got some fab Christmas wine glasses in the 2euro shop for €5 a pair , saw something very similar to them in Carrigg Donn for €20 !
    Sent a photo of them on to my daughter in college and she sent back a photo of her new favourite wine , which comes cheap according to her , only €21 a bottle haha !

Special offer on wine in Tesco. 25% off when you buy 6 bottles. Someone gave me a €10 off voucher, so got 6 bottles, 3 red, 3 white.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Got a few more presents in Dundrum today. They'd a sale in Gap so lots of children's hoodies were bought as presents. Also got lots of boxers and DVDS in Golden Discs. Marks has gorgeous decorations on their 3 for 2 offer.

• Advertisement

Special offer on wine in Tesco. 25% off when you buy 6 bottles. Someone gave me a €10 off voucher, so got 6 bottles, 3 red, 3 white.

Thanks for that !

Advertisement