Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2016: What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

shakencat wrote: »
    Bought a pair for Adidas trainers for my friend for Xmas! Sweet deal too!

Where did you get the deal from? Wanted to my some. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thanks for the heads up on homestore, got my multicolored lights that I don't need but wanted, at half time price! Couldn't resist some more decorations too

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Colser wrote:
    Where did you get the candle @ French girl?

It was Tuthills Newsagents.
    They've couple of different locations around Dublin if it's any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Finally started my Christmas shopping today. Got my 5 year old niece a Disney Princess cash register.

And I got myself some Christmas socks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Got himself a golf hat, some cute gift boxes from Dunnes, smelled lots of nice things for himself going to hold off though because they hadn't got a gift set I might get lucky in town and pick one up

I'm in charge of my cousins Christmas decorations I buy them on her behalf she says I have a good eye so picked up cute tree ones let it snow for her tree in Homestore 99 cent each :D

• Advertisement

Got this little fella today in home focus. :)

16a7l7c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Managed to buy my husband's presents today. We don't spend much on each other but he's impossible to buy for so I'm delighted to have it sorted. Spent a bit of time gloating afterwards because I know he's having a tough time thinking of something for me too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Final few decorations before we put them up. A little light up toy shop and an imitation lantern from homestore and more. Along with carol singers and a nice little Robin from homefront that should do for this Christmas. Well keep an eye out for the Woodies discount day , never say never. All due to be put up on the day of the Toy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Went into Lidl for a couple of things for dinner, left with Christmas decorations!! Got a candle holder and baubles to put in it, lights to put in it and candles for the top. Also got snowflake stickers for the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭Milly33

Got lovely cozy Pjs in Aldi today.. And took a trip into town at the weekend, got some loverly notebooks from the kilkenny store and some fun christmas crackers in TK Max

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Was doing the food shopping in Tesco and as the selection boxes were 3 for €5, I decided to buy 9 which should cover everybody I need to buy one for. I also bought 2 Cadburys advent calendars for myself and my girlfriend :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd ordered the Star Wars Lego Advent Calendar for my son. Ordered it from Smyths for home delivery. As luck would have it, I was in the shower when the post man called, so I had to go up to the depot to collect it. Well, the box was in absolute tatters, like it looked like it was packed in some crappy box they took out of the bin and then wrapped in brown tape. The postman recommended I open it there and then to see if it was damaged, so we did and of course the calendar was destroyed. They'd basically dumped it in the box with no filling or bubble wrap or anything. Had to sign to say I wasn't accepting delivery due to damage.

Got on to Smyths, who in fairness issued a refund straight away, but unfortunately don't have any left for home delivery so I ordered it from Amazon instead. Crossing fingers it arrives in one piece now! :pac: I've got my Yankee advent calendar but it's not exactly fun for kids!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's so annoying! Fingers crossed you get the replacement from amazon in time.
    Good thing you ordered early enough to (hopefully) be able to get a back up!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

For those of you who might be interested in Yankee candle stuff for christmas check out shops other than that yankee shops. For example Dooleys Flowers in athlone have a 25% off christmas yankee stock and theres a chemist also in athlone that stock yankee stuff. They charge 19.99 for all large candles and sometimes have money off the scent of the week for around 15.99. Thats cheaper than online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

Thanks for the heads up on homestore, got my multicolored lights that I don't need but wanted, at half time price! Couldn't resist some more decorations too

I love Homestore at Christmas, probably my favourite shop for decorations & presents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

Managed to buy my husband's presents today. We don't spend much on each other but he's impossible to buy for so I'm delighted to have it sorted. Spent a bit of time gloating afterwards because I know he's having a tough time thinking of something for me too. :D

2 years ago we randomly got the same gift for each other - a lovely picture set in Tuscany. It was freaky!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Boggy Turf wrote: »
    I love Homestore at Christmas, probably my favourite shop for decorations & presents!

It definitely used to be but it's been blown out of the water by The Range. That place is top notch for Christmas stuff, don't know what I ever did without it, even if it does cause nightmare traffic. It's well worth a visit for us Christmas crazies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I bought some Christmas gift boxes in Easons. They were doing 3 for 2 on all bags and boxes so how could I not get them?!

6bMBz2O.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I JUST ordered a pair of canvas shoes for the boy. Totally impractical for this time of year but he will love them because they have a minion on them. He's never seen the film but did see a youtube video where they are trying to get a banana so he calls them "nana man". He's going to love them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

iguana wrote: »
    It definitely used to be but it's been blown out of the water by The Range. That place is top notch for Christmas stuff, don't know what I ever did without it, even if it does cause nightmare traffic. It's well worth a visit for us Christmas crazies.

You're so right.....the only problem with it - I need to win the lotto....because I could just buy so much there...and then I'll need a bigger house as I just don't have room for much more Christmas stuff!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Picked up a box of 480 multicolour LED lights for the tree in Homestore (reduced to €25 from €50), two boxes of 240 acorn multicoloured lights (reduced from €40 to €20), another Yankee Candle (€17.99) "Clean Cotton", two rolls of wrapping paper from Aldi (€1.49 each) and a box of Tayto in Dunnes that will NOT be opened til Christmas...........I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Toots wrote: »
    I'd ordered the Star Wars Lego Advent Calendar for my son.

When I saw your post I got one too...for my husband :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Got this tree from Woodies and a load of stuff to put on it. Looked the best of the lot I've seen

So when a one finds a Christmas clock that plays a Christmas song every hour, what is one to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

iguana wrote: »
    So when a one finds a Christmas clock that plays a Christmas song every hour, what is one to do?

Post a link to it so others can find it. Of course. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Posy wrote: »
    I bought some Christmas gift boxes in Easons. They were doing 3 for 2 on all bags and boxes so how could I not get them?!

6bMBz2O.jpg?1

Online too and use BLACK16 for 10% off

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

fussyonion wrote: »
    Picked up a box of 480 multicolour LED lights for the tree in Homestore (reduced to €25 from €50), two boxes of 240 acorn multicoloured lights (reduced from €40 to €20), another Yankee Candle (€17.99) "Clean Cotton", two rolls of wrapping paper from Aldi (€1.49 each) and a box of Tayto in Dunnes that will NOT be opened til Christmas...........I hope.

A heads up - they have pretty much the same Lights in aldi (480 led ones) at the minute at the same price as homestore but aldi's have a 3 year warranty with them

Whispered wrote: »
    Post a link to it so others can find it. Of course. :D

No link but it's in Eurogiant for €5. I couldn't not buy it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I bought not one but two sets of Christmas villages in Lidl!!! :D Think we're taking all of Christmas décor down from the attic this evening so I may end up with too much stuff for Christmas village because I bought two sets in sales at Homebase last year!

Also bought a pack of novelty golf balls in Aldi so that is my secret Santa at work sorted now!

Think I gonna go to Eurogiant for that clock this evening....:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I can't post a video but the little guys on this move to frosty the snowman!

Advertisement