Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2016: What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I bought not one but two sets of Christmas villages in Lidl!!! :D Think we're taking all of Christmas décor down from the attic this evening so I may end up with too much stuff for Christmas village because I bought two sets in sales at Homebase last year!

I'll take them off your hands :P Went all the way in to Lidl last night and parked up and then both of us realised that neither of us had any money with us! Doh!!!!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I bought two presents for my girlfriend...I can't say what though as she may see this :p! I'm hoping to have the majority of my present shopping done by the end of the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I can't post a video but the little guys on this move to frosty the snowman!

God I was going to get that as well!! But couldn't decide whether to get it or not- you don't have regrets?? ;) May go back over my lunch ha!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I'll take them off your hands :P Went all the way in to Lidl last night and parked up and then both of us realised that neither of us had any money with us! Doh!!!!! :o

Ahhh noway!!! They might still have some left this morning? There was loads left when I got mine before 3pm yesterday

Ahhh noway!!! They might still have some left this morning? There was loads left when I got mine before 3pm yesterday

I'll check on the way into my mam's later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

God I was going to get that as well!! But couldn't decide whether to get it or not- you don't have regrets?? ;) May go back over my lunch ha!

No, it's adorable! I was debating with myself whether I wanted it or the snow globes or whether I had space for either. But I love it and am anxiously waiting for the kids to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Two presents for himself this morning got them online, good discount too

No, it's adorable! I was debating with myself whether I wanted it or the snow globes or whether I had space for either. But I love it and am anxiously waiting for the kids to see it!

Reckon you made my mind up then! ;) I thought the snow globes were fab too but I decided to leave it in case I see nicer ones!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Got a few bits in the sales so far today, hopefully will pick up some more stuff at lunch time to well and truly get the gift shopping underway! I'm planning to do some more this evening/over the weekend too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Got Christmas pyjamas in Penneys! :)

jDXcw95.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Managed to get the lego "Winter Toy Shop" in the lego shop here in Cologne, and got a free gift of a "snow globe" with Santa in it. Obviously not a snow globe, but it is rather lovely!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/73275/402476.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Star Lord wrote: »
    Managed to get the lego "Winter Toy Shop" in the lego shop here in Cologne, and got a free gift of a "snow globe" with Santa in it. Obviously not a snow globe, but it is rather lovely!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/73275/402476.jpg

Can I ask what you paid for it in Cologne?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Posy wrote: »

jDXcw95.jpg?1

Love it, Its purrfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

I finally got that beautiful silvery throw from Penneys.
    It has snowflakes on it and I feel like I'll be snuggling up under it a lot during the holidays.

Also bought some basics like Christmas table runner, napkins with 'Merry Christmas' on them, snowflakes window stickers and a nice little wreath to put on the table. I finally found the right one with 4 candles so I can light up one each week as the Advent begins.

Managed to get into Lidl yesterday and get one of the Christmas Villages. Don't know what I was worrying about, they had loads left. I also managed to get my Dad sorted yesterday & picked up a present for Mr S.L today. All coming together now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

nike is killing me with their 30% code :(:(:( close to owning shares of the sale area hahah

• Site Banned Posts: 377 ✭✭Lake1989

Selection boxes for nieces and nephews, a few games (3 for 2) on easons

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Was at a Christmas fair today in The Old Yard near Castledermot, Co, Kildare. Just had to get these sheep!

Had my first mulled wine of the year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

vicwatson wrote: »
    Can I ask what you paid for it in Cologne?

Same price as it is online in the lego store, €69.99/95 or something like that. Just love browsing the lego shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Posy wrote: »

jDXcw95.jpg?1

Had to get them! Even though I had ones for Christmas already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Had to get them! Even though I had ones for Christmas already!

You can never have too many Christmas pyjamas. At this stage most of mine are Christmas ones so they're worn all year round.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah I definitely have more Christmas ones than regular ones. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

You can never have too many Christmas pyjamas. At this stage most of mine are Christmas ones so they're worn all year round.

Same! :D

Bought 3 Yankee candles as gifts from online, went the Yankee store earlier and they hadn't got the ones I wanted so I ordered online 19.95 for a large jar, picked up the lid thingys in store they are just a token for 2 cousins as we don't do big gifts so il pick up some cute gift boxes and put the lids in them my cousins love Yankee and these things are meant to stop the candle going black;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Did a little bit of shopping today.

Hand towel for the bathroom from Dunnes.

7662112_red.jpg

Earrings from Penneys. Not at all over the top. :pac:

Got these pyjamas in New Look as a gift for someone. There's 25% off at the moment with a code on the site.

red-christmas-elf-pyjama-set-.jpg?strip=true&qlt=80&w=720

Got a lovely grey cushion with silver and gold Christmas trees on it in Penneys. Also picked up Christmas cards in M&S. 50% off. I wanted to get wrapping paper but M&S had it in all different parts of the shop and it was a pain to try to pick some. Tried Debenhams too but their paper was all at the till so unless I pushed past the queue I couldn't see it. It was the same in Dunnes but almost all the rolls there were ripped open.

The best thing I bought though is this jumper. If you rub the sequins it changes so it says 'no no no'. Only €16 in H&M because they had 20% off.

h-and-m-christmas-jumper.jpg

And I was home and back in my pyjamas before 11!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Got this in Dunnes today :-)

Well done Toto fab stuff impressive back in the pjs
    That's so cute Irish_Rat

Popped back out picked up Decorations in Dealz and some more of the photo props in Aldi for Christmas Day brought them to our Christmas night out Friday we had good craic with them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Irish_rat wrote:
    Got this in Dunnes today :-)

That's gorgeous..can I ask the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Colser wrote: »
    That's gorgeous..can I ask the price?

20 euro, a bit expensive but it's fab. Operate by battery and its included :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Got a nintendo classic mini for my OH today. Should be at the folks house for when I get home. I am in no way into video games however she loved them growing up. We have one tv in our house so this may backfire on me.

Advertisement