Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2016: What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

kitten_k wrote: »
    How much were they? Might have to get them.

€7 each

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

€7 each

Bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

RentDayBlues, that's cuteness overload.

I so want to get those!
    Ehm, I don't have kids, but who cares?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

RentDayBlues, that's cuteness overload.

I so want to get those!
    Ehm, I don't have kids, but who cares?

I don't have kids either but I am a big kid therefore I qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Ok so this may not be a big deal to ya know normal sane people but I got a set of 3 remote control candles from pennys and they are .. life altering. I'm honestly sitting here all day turning them on and off from the comfort of my couch! No more bending down and sore knees people ! :pac:

Between these and the wireless sockets I feel so on top of technology right now..so modern hahah :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Merry Christmas! Sh*tter's full!

401264.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'm quite enamoured by this rose gold antler headband I got in Claire's Accessories. It's subtle enough to wear to lots of occasions over the next two months :D

401265.JPG

Loughc wrote:
    I don't have kids either but I am a big kid therefore I qualify.

Thanks, Loughc, yea, that's what I meant, ehm, ehm, I qualify.

OK then, that's it. It's decided.
    We are getting the toys! 😄

Star Lord wrote:
    Merry Christmas! Sh*tter's full!

I'm laughing my head off here.
    I love that scene!
    And that movie is easily one of my absolute Christmas favorites!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's without doubt my favourite Christmas movie! Its just perfect!

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    It's without doubt my favourite Christmas movie! Its just perfect!

:D :pac:
    Clark: Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey sh*t he is! Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where's the Tylenol?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

These two arrived today. The staff at our school have taken to wearing Christmas jumpers towards the holidays but I find the jumpers too warm.
    Gawd help any Junior Infant who puts a sticky paw on them!
    http://wantthattrend.com/red-reindeer-christmas-tree-christmas-swing-55/
    http://wantthattrend.com/cream-reindeer-christmas-swing-53/

The quality is reasonably good for the price.

Haha, Alicat, imagine saying that all in one breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

You are all making me fell bad about not having started my shopping yet :(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

These two arrived today. The staff at our school have taken to wearing Christmas jumpers towards the holidays but I find the jumpers too warm.
    Gawd help any Junior Infant who puts a sticky paw on them!
    http://wantthattrend.com/red-reindeer-christmas-tree-christmas-swing-55/
    http://wantthattrend.com/cream-reindeer-christmas-swing-53/

The quality is reasonably good for the price.

I was looking at those - I love my Christmas jumpers, but sometimes find their too warm - especially for nights out. What kind of material are they - are they like t-shirt weight? i.e. lighter than a jumper?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just finished my nephews pressies. Two trading card folders, and a set of shiny pokemon cards.
    One or two more things to get and thats it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I want a penguin!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

chuckles30 wrote: »
    I was looking at those - I love my Christmas jumpers, but sometimes find their too warm - especially for nights out. What kind of material are they - are they like t-shirt weight? i.e. lighter than a jumper?
    About t-shirt weight, I think and they also cover hips tum and bum!

The Book People have some nice bits at present. The David Walliams cd collection is great value.

Milly33 wrote: »
    Just finished my nephews pressies. Two trading card folders, and a set of shiny pokemon cards.
    One or two more things to get and thats it

Hi milly can I ask where you got the card folder? That sounds super handy as I've bought some cards for my little guy too

• Advertisement

chuckles30 wrote: »

Hi chuckles definitly lighter than a jumper. More lycra material , think body con dress material although may be a smidge thicker. I got one last year for the toy show and loved it very comfie to wear !

Got this little set in TKMaxx for €8.99, for my Gran. Reminds me of her old decorations which are nearly all broken and gone at this stage.

401313.JPG

401314.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hi milly can I ask where you got the card folder? That sounds super handy as I've bought some cards for my little guy too

Not a bother I got them from Chaos Cards here https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/

I have not got the folders yet but this chap whos well into his gaming recommended them and i saw some stuff he had..The have good deals in the cards too i got some pile of shiny cards and one rare for 11euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Got this little fella in Dunnes today while I was doing my weekly shop. First Christmas decor in the new house. Much more to come

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Today's haul. Got that singing reindeer from Penneys, some Christmas tea towels, Toy Show jammies, ornament hooks and a Christmas food magazine. It was lovely seeing so many other people buying Christmas stuff.

401373.JPG

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I did all my Christmas shopping online today. All of it. Now we just have our boozy Wrapping Day to look forward to. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I was very bold today , new Christmas rug for the sitting room, two sets of lights, more baubles, Christmas pj's, and Christmas cup cake cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Not decorations so don't know if this counts but I got a set of two forks for lifting roasts and hams and whatnot, in preparation for the Big Day Dinner. You have no idea how hard it is to get a spiced beef out of a huge pot of water with a standard fork and carving knife! ;)

Milly33 wrote: »
    Not a bother I got them from Chaos Cards here https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/

I have not got the folders yet but this chap whos well into his gaming recommended them and i saw some stuff he had..The have good deals in the cards too i got some pile of shiny cards and one rare for 11euro

Great thanks milly! Mini glitz already has stashes of some star wars cards and Santa has been a little too generous with pokemon cards now too with no thought to storage or organisation of said cards! Will Def look at that thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

These two arrived today. The staff at our school have taken to wearing Christmas jumpers towards the holidays but I find the jumpers too warm. Gawd help any Junior Infant who puts a sticky paw on them!

Was looking at those, some fab designs, would you say they're true to size??

Advertisement