Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2016: What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

I went in to heatons yesterday and spent like E25 and got loads of stuff. I've been looking for plastic Christmas glasses and found tumblers with lids and straws with santys on them for E1.50 each. I got red plastic plates for under our Christmas plates for E2 each and a lovely santa sweet tin that was made up with 3 separate tins. That was only a fiver. And a santa trousers wine Holder! Put me in such a good mood!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭Milly33

sounds lovely i always forget about heatons, they do have really good deals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I did a massive big clear out and decluttering in the kitchen / dunning room here so went off to buy some new glasses. Picked Up Some Of The christmas ho ho ho glasses in dealz for the kids ( and me :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Bought this today for my goddaughter, they were only released yesterday and they are nearly all gone, got it in the 3rd Aldi I tried!

https://www.aldi.ie/child%27s-jewellery-advent-calendar/p/073538080218400

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Glitzgirl wrote:
    I did a massive big clear out and decluttering in the kitchen / dunning room here so went off to buy some new glasses. Picked Up Some Of The christmas ho ho ho glasses in dealz for the kids ( and me )

I got those, too, Glitzgirl.
    They are fab! Mostly just drinking coke from them these days but I'm sure I'll use them for all kinds of festive drinks come Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Well yesterday I bought my marzipan advent calendar in TK Maxx thanks to a tip off on that thread & while there, I got the 2016 Waddington's Christmas jigsaw - it's years since I've seen them. That's a tradition I must get back into, as I really enjoyed starting to put it together last night.
    I also picked up some Christmas hand towels too.

I got those, too, Glitzgirl.
    They are fab! Mostly just drinking coke from them these days but I'm sure I'll use them for all kinds of festive drinks come Christmas.

:pac: I've just washed mine and having some oj for breakfast here with my new glass :) feeling fabulously festive hahah

Glitzgirl wrote:
    I've just washed mine and having some oj for breakfast here with my new glass feeling fabulously festive hahah

That's F. F. F. - feeling fabulously festive.
    Gotta remember that, lol.

Enjoy your drink!

That's F. F. F. - feeling fabulously festive.
    Gotta remember that, lol.

Enjoy your drink!

We should trade mark that French. Keep it exclusively for the elves on the christmas forum :)

Ok so I may or may not have gone a bit over the top today with my shopping ! :p I got some more decorations to replace the ones that got broken yesterday. I got some little stocking fillers in heatons and a large tractor trailer with some animals for my smallest glitz. Tesco had vienetta ice cream on sale and 3 selection boxes for 5 euro so got some of them too ! And bargain of the day got the talking minions in argos reduced town from 54 euro to 10/11 euro !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Ok so I may or may not have gone a bit over the top today with my shopping ! :p I got some more decorations to replace the ones that got broken yesterday. I got some little stocking fillers in heatons and a large tractor trailer with some animals for my smallest glitz. Tesco had vienetta ice cream on sale and 3 selection boxes for 5 euro so got some of them too ! And bargain of the day got the talking minions in argos reduced town from 54 euro to 10/11 euro !

You'd have to buy them at that price! I bought Christmas cake ingredients

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The mince pies and one tin of chocolate Kimberly have been eaten here...I think I should stick to last minute panic shopping ðŸ˜

You'd have to buy them at that price! I bought Christmas cake ingredients

Absaloutly ! Sure if the kids don't like them ill play with them I'm partial to the minions myself haha :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Bought myself a keyboard for £192.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bought this to keep the rain out. Hopefully the right size now

http://www.fjallraven.com/anorak-no-8

A bottle of Teeling Revival Volume II 13 Year Old for my pops. Plus 5 bottles of nice wine for pressies for people I am visiting or pop by unexpectedly.

Considering I haven't bought all the stuff for the ones I love it is serious procrastination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Bought a pair for Adidas trainers for my friend for Xmas! Sweet deal too!

I didn't buy it, I was going to, but managed to get my sister to give it to me and she'll get another one! Loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I didn't buy it, I was going to, but managed to get my sister to give it to me and she'll get another one! Loving it

I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Got this in Aldi even though I don't have anywhere to put it but I just couldn't resist!! :D
    https://cdn.aldi-digital.ie/Santa-LED-Canvas-A.jpg?o=w69ruReoRhy4szJVueLs1locpacj&V=gZdB&w=400&h=500&p=2&q=81
    Now I want a bigger one to put over the fireplace! Did any of you see anything like that? I also got remote controlled sockets after reading about it on this thread but I'm unsure about it now because we're obsessed with flickering the switches.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I also got remote controlled sockets after reading about it on this thread but I'm unsure about it now because we're obsessed with flickering the switches.....

Soon you'll be obsessed with clicking the remote off.

• Advertisement

Bought some more decorations today.

A garland to put over the fireplace, little angel for the top of my tree, chocolate Advent calendar (finally) and the most gorgeous scented candle ever that I have lit right now.
    It's called Wild Blueberry Pie and although I was gonna pick up Apple Cinnamon cuz it's Christmassy I went for this one in the end.
    Still I have to say, this is pretty festive and I might have just found my new favourite thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

got some mac lipstick xmas set for the bestie, im almost done wooo :)
    Ideas for a daddy present?

why is he always the hardest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Got a good few bits in Homestore today - lights are half price so got two sets of multicoloured LED (480 lights per set), a couple of things of baubles & an Christmas tree ornament for my Christmas village.

Also tried to convince himself to buy me a diamond ring while in the jewellers - had to settle for a new battery for my watch instead :P

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Got a good few bits in Homestore today - lights are half price so got two sets of multicoloured LED (480 lights per set), a couple of things of baubles & an Christmas tree ornament for my Christmas village.

Also tried to convince himself to buy me a diamond ring while in the jewellers - had to settle for a new battery for my watch instead :P

I'm in homestore and can't see anything about half price lights

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'm in homestore and can't see anything about half price lights

It's the pre-sale, just say you got the text at the till and you'll get them at half price.

Alicat wrote: »
    It's the pre-sale, just say you got the text at the till and you'll get them at half price.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Where did you get the candle @ French girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Finally got stuck into our list of presents today. Gap has 25% off until midnight (the code pops up on the site) so we picked up some pjs. Saved €11 plus we got free delivery.

Bought my dad's present on ASOS too and added these coasters to get free delivery. (Might as well get something out of it if I was going to have to pay a few quid extra either way!)

image1xl.jpg

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Got a pair of lovely Christmas cushion covers in Heatons, €6 for a pack of 2. Couldn't resist sticking them on the couch straight away :D Also got a reindeer onesie for my son, he hasn't taken it off since we got home. There's going to be murder at bedtime when he has to put his PJs on, but it'd be far too warm to sleep in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Bought my folks Al Porter tickets and will bring them for dinner beforehand.

Advertisement