Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Survivor: Winners at War

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

All the logistics and reasoning behind it not getting back in to production aside, I think it's no bad thing for Survivor to sit out for a season or two and come back with a renewed energy in February or September 2021 - being a fan from the very early days I had become a bit jaded in recent series and I know I'm not the only one, so I think it could be a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder and we'll all be much more invested when it eventually does return.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I can say I haven't felt at all jaded with Survivor but up until now I hadn't watched any of the non-US versions of the show.

Though I'm very much enjoying the first season of Australian Survivor, the length of episodes and the very long season make it a far heavier watch (I'm saying that as someone that had no similar issues last year rewatching every season of US survivor). If the other Australian seasons, along with SA/NZ, go along the same lines I can very much understand how a person watching multiple formats would be jaded at this stage.

I'm happy that I have those to fill the void until we get fresh content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I could do only the first recent Australian Survivor, was far too much a slog. If this hiatus lasts a free years I'll go back and check out the other seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Australian Survivor is an unwatchable snooze-fest imo and I regularly rewatch seasons Ive already seen of the US one and enjoy them, dont know how anyone likes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

Thargor wrote: »
    Australian Survivor is an unwatchable snooze-fest imo and I regularly rewatch seasons Ive already seen of the US one and enjoy them, dont know how anyone likes it.

I feel the complete opposite. I think Australian survivor is entertaining and an easier watch. This seasons alone was epic imo. Each to their own :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

norabattie wrote: »
    I feel the complete opposite. I think Australian survivor is entertaining and an easier watch. This seasons alone was epic imo. Each to their own :)

Im the same, much prefer the Australian one. You get to know the characters much more and it doesn't feel as tired. Plus they tend to get interesting mix of people. You root for people instead of watching it for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What would you say is the best ever season of Survivor Oz then please and Ill give it a proper go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Thargor wrote: »
    What would you say is the best ever season of Survivor Oz then please and Ill give it a proper go?

forget about survivor 1 and 2 as these were made in 2001 and 2006 and 2 is a celebrity show.
    Season 3 was made in 2016 and has a very close relationship with jeff probst's show as some of the challenges in Oz were later used in jeff's show so start with season 3.Australian survivor is much more about getting to know the survivors and not as rushed as the original survivor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

upupup wrote: »
    forget about survivor 1 and 2 as these were made in 2001 and 2006 and 2 is a celebrity show.
    Season 3 was made in 2016 and has a very close relationship with jeff probst's show as some of the challenges in Oz were later used in jeff's show so start with season 3.Australian survivor is much more about getting to know the survivors and not as rushed as the original survivor.

I'm feeling that is far more just the bi-product of them attempting to drag out the show out for as long as possible to make up for the production costs (with it being 50+ days, a crazy number of contestants, and despite many episodes going over an hour they sometimes not even voting out 1 person).

I'm only towards the end of 2016, does each season of the Australian version keep that same format of the huge group of contestants and 50+ days? I need to mentally prepare myself for the next one :D

Has anyone watched NZ or South Africa? What are their format like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I'm feeling that is far more just the bi-product of them attempting to drag out the show out for as long as possible to make up for the production costs (with it being 50+ days, a crazy number of contestants, and despite many episodes going over an hour they sometimes not even voting out 1 person).
    100%!

Australian Reality TV is shocking for doing this. 60+ 90 minutes episodes on some shows. Madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I had the same issue with Aus, NZ, and SA versions - they drag the arse out of everything.

After not watching any of them for a couple of years, I did go and watch the recent Australian All Stars one and it had improved a lot from the earlier revived seasons, but then the last few episodes just milked everything for all it was worth and it put me off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Foxtrol wrote: »

I'm only towards the end of 2016, does each season of the Australian version keep that same format of the huge group of contestants and 50+ days? I need to mentally prepare myself for the next one :D

Has anyone watched NZ or South Africa? What are their format like?

Yes,all the seasons follow the same format.
    I watched NZ and its very much like OZ and I enjoyed every long episode,I must look for south africa as I need a survivor fix:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 41 has started production in Fiji.

https://twitter.com/JeffProbst/status/1374058720167137280?s=20

I said at the end of last year that it'll do the show good to have a year off, and now I'm looking forward to seeing it return a million times more than I would have if we had had the usual 2 seasons this year.

Advertisement