Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Winners at War

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I avoid the previews for the following week but given the lack of time at edge of extinction this week I'm unfortunately expecting a heavy serving of it next, with both Rob reuniting with Amber and Tyson.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,301 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Spoiler for tonights episode :)

What a fcuking awesome blindside and what a way to use one of your fire token.
    I was so hoping that would happen when the bartering for the idol for token was going on however I didn't think she had the balls to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Wow amazing episode! One of my favourites so far and I feel like the game is finally being played.

One thing I don't understand though is that Denise played her second idol for Jeremy but he voted for Denise. Surely that will cause tention for them in the future? It shows that Jeremy wanted Denise out (or was going with the majority) but that Denise trusts jeremy.

So happy to see two big players go to EOE. Really hoping none of them get back in the game! I'd rather see someone like Ethan or Natalie return.

Can't wait for the next episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

kingtut wrote: »
    One thing I don't understand though is that Denise played her second idol for Jeremy but he voted for Denise. Surely that will cause tention for them in the future? It shows that Jeremy wanted Denise out (or was going with the majority) but that Denise trusts jeremy.

Well one reason would be if Denise thought they were planning to split the votes, between her and Jeremy (already knowing Jeremy had probably been told to vote Denise). She was trying to ensure Sandra was voted out. Jeremy didn't have a whole lot of choice but to throw a vote on Denise, especially if he wanted to keep his advantage for another tribal.

The second reason would be, it would build trust with Jeremy. They may not have been working against each other on their original tribe, but there also wasn't much indication that they were closely working together. This helps build a bond with them as allies going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Well done Denise.

I hoping she'd vote for Sandra.

Parvati bites the dust too.Old school heading for the Edge of Extinction.

Wendell has'nt a very pleasant personality,defo in team Michelle who seems a pleasant person.

• Advertisement

Speaking of which Sandra's ability to sit out all those ICs was beyond a joke.

Well one reason would be if Denise thought they were planning to split the votes, between her and Jeremy (already knowing Jeremy had probably been told to vote Denise). She was trying to ensure Sandra was voted out. Jeremy didn't have a whole lot of choice but to throw a vote on Denise, especially if he wanted to keep his advantage for another tribal.

The second reason would be, it would build trust with Jeremy. They may not have been working against each other on their original tribe, but there also wasn't much indication that they were closely working together. This helps build a bond with them as allies going forward.

If you come at the queen, you best not miss. I'd say Denise playing the 2nd idol was down to not wanting to risk any chance of ending up back at camp with Sandra after a failed coup.

Interesting how most of the eliminations so far have been 'old school'. The game so far hasn't been very 'new school', with voting blocks etc, so it isn't really an excuse for them. There is a case that some were big targets but from what we've been shown, it seems that many of the old school contestants were just too comfortable with players they knew already and aligned with them, rather than assessing things and taking the best route for their own game.

There was that sense of collegiality amongst the old school players ( The jocks/frat boys mentality) but their overall overbearing sense of arrogance,superiority and infallibility led to their downfall too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Feels like the 'old schoolers' are being targeted more so because they've built stronger relationships outside of the game as opposed to their actual behaviour this season.

The 4 "villains" voted off, one by one in a row, and in the same order they finished in that season. What were the chances?

Anyone else thinking that with everything that's going there's a chance we might not get any Survivor in the 2020-2021 TV Season as they film them both back to back during the summer? Also, that we may not get a Winners At War Reunion Show?

• Advertisement

It's unlikely they'll be any new season produced over the coming few months so who knows when we'll see the next season.

No real need for the reunion show either.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, if there wasn't a new season until January, or even September 2021. A break might do the show good, just as long as it doesn't get cancelled altogether or anything.

A break might actually be a good thing for the show creatively as well to have a time to find a way to give the show a mild reboot and come up with some new fresh ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Great episode, the peanutbutter strategy was hilarious, he was obviously just starving and trying to justify it.

Or foreshadowing a Tyson return to the main island?

Disgusted by Sandra's decision to quit.

Tyson's naivety versus the cunning of Boston Rob on the edge of extinction.

Convinced Michelle still holds a gra for Wendell who has shown himself to be a very self centred,egotistic trash talking show boater.

Disappointed Wendell was not voted out but the overly strategic old schooler Yul dug his own grave with his risky plan to attain Wendell's fire tokens as a bonus.

Merge could not be coming at a better time for Adam who is very much on the outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Can't believe Sandra quit (although I saw the promo clip with the flag raised). She says she did everything she could. Bull$hit!

She will now be forever known as a quitter and now someone else will match her two wins. If the winner this season is someone who is only playing for the second time then I will consider them to be the true 'queen'.

Sandra should never be invited back to Survivor again.

Wasn't bothered by Sandra quitting at all. I was more irked by her version of events where the reason she got voted out was due to her playing with emotion and not wanting another woman sent to EoE as opposed to her just making a mistake.

I think Michelle is coming across quite well, the edit certainly helps. This is coming from someone we'll abs truly in the Aubrey camp back in the day.

Still not buying the "old schoolers couldn't keep up with the pace of the game" angle Probst is pushing.

Rob or the Mrs is getting back into this game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Sandra's decision is weird as she seems to be basing it on what happened last time re:Extinction Island. The Fire Tokens are a big hint that getting back into the game will not be similar this time

I completely understand Sandra's decision. There is no way she is getting back into the game, as she isn't winning a challenge. I understand talk of things being different with fire tokens but since they've had more than 2 people on EoE she wouldnt have gotten a single token based on what they needed to do. This isn't the same as quitting the game before being voted out.

After Yul getting voted out I'm even stronger on Jeff's side of Oldschoolers not being at the races. Yes, many of them have bigger targets on their back but their approach to dealing with it has been terrible, for most it has amounted to sticking together with oldschoolers they know, assuming they could stay on the right side of the numbers.

Yul's problem was different though, he branched out more than the others but he never updated his game for the fact that he is playing with other winners. It is fine working strategy behind the scenes with Sophie but sticking your head up and trying do that for a bigger group will get it chopped off. No one wants to be a follower here and new schoolers are less tied to the idea of long term alliances, so agreeing to chop off one piece of a group isn't going implode the alliance like the early days.

I think fans understand that the likelihood of her re entering the game was remote but nonetheless it's not a good enough reason to quit.

The odds are stacked against most of those on the edge of extinction re entering the game irrespective of one's physical abilities etc on the basis of simple numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Even when another winner gets to 2 wins she'll still be able to claim to be the only one to do it in 'proper' seasons, it's not as big a deal for a winner to win in a series of all winners for obvious reasons. Just please never give her a slot again.

Good season so far, should get better now with the merge and a load of idol/fire token flushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Anyone else think 2 people will come back into the game making a standard merge of 13.

My money would be on Natalie and Tyson with Rob, Yul and Parvati also possibilities.

Not buying the new school > old school narrative to be honest. Think they were A) bigger targets and B) fewer of them. Does set up a future old school v new school season though. Would love to see a season with season 1-20 payers against players from the most recent seasons.

I'm assuming EoE will work like last time with two returners but not at the same time. And Sandra had no chance, she may as be sitting on the Sandra bench during any comp to get back

KevinK wrote: »
    Anyone else think 2 people will come back into the game making a standard merge of 13.

My money would be on Natalie and Tyson with Rob, Yul and Parvati also possibilities.

Not buying the new school > old school narrative to be honest. Think they were A) bigger targets and B) fewer of them. Does set up a future old school v new school season though. Would love to see a season with season 1-20 payers against players from the most recent seasons.

Definitely think Natalie will come back into the game,serious competitor.

IMO the old schoolers in general stuck together too much,were too arrogant,dictatorial and a perception of invulnerability followed on.

Too big to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good one last night. Interesting to see that
    Extinction is still in play - one more person coming back

That IC looked bloody cold. Could almost say.... icey? :)
    (I'll get my coat)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Mr E wrote: »
    Good one last night. Interesting to see that
    Extinction is still in play - one more person coming back

That IC looked bloody cold. Could almost say.... icey? :)
    (I'll get my coat)

Really enjoyed the episode, it’s funny I’m not sure if this season has the big dramatic moments like some of my other favourite seasons (Cagayan, heroes v villains and Micronesia) but It is just so captivating and I find myself looking forward to Thursday mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SteveK83

Decent episode that. This season has been great. Interesting to see the dynamics of winners compared to newbies.

Advertisement