Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Medicine Applicants 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭yoppo

PM sent. It would be nice to have a group for like minded individuals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Firstirish

livk wrote: »
    Hi, nice to see you posting :) I can't answer the HPAT question with a definitive answer for you because we got the newest version of the test this year with the different weighting. Did you receive the email from RCSI two weeks ago?

Yes RCSI email received and documents delivered on the Monday morning. PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Billiethepup

Im not on FB, cause I'm anti-social or super-cool…not sure which ;-)

Has anyone heard anything from Cork yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭yoppo

Im not on FB, cause I'm anti-social or super-cool…not sure which ;-)

Has anyone heard anything from Cork yet?

Don't think anyone has heard anything yet! I'm sure someone will let you know when they do!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭julie2tubz

Resultssss too scared to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 SaraT

Hi following the thread but didn't post so far. Scared to check myself. I feel that I did really bad

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭livk

Open them!!

I'm still staring at mine. Not very happy, but I may still get an interview somewhere. We'll see.

151... disaster. Practice material I purchased on acer website was so easy in comparison to the real test

Surprised I got the invitation from rcsi with that result

The percentiles for that scores are above 50% though, so i'm not that surprised. My result isn't too far off yours. I'm going to still keep my fingers crossed. Nothing else we can do now :/

• Advertisement

There's a possibility that not many people had better results. I found it difficult and I'm usually very good at that kind of stuff. Livk, did you sit hpat last year? If so, was it as hard as this year?

I sat it the year before, and I thought the change was pretty big so I was a bit surprised by it all. I definitely think the lower weighting of section 3 affected the score too, but ah well.

I sat it the year before, and I thought the change was pretty big so I was a bit surprised by it all. I definitely think the lower weighting of section 3 affected the score too, but ah well.

Did you score better this year, if you don't mind me asking

Yes. I went up 10 in the percentile ranking. I think that's the only thing stopping me from crying right now, haha.

Yes. I went up 10 in the percentile ranking. I think that's the only thing stopping me from crying right now, haha.

Well done :)
    I think I'll spend the rest of the day crying hehe

julie2tubz wrote: »
    Resultssss too scared to check.

Did you check your results yet?

Yeah just did. Never felt such fear re a result before.

Got one point more than last year. 182.

Was hoping for more as repeating leaving this year.

But the percentiles appear to have gone up. I'm 92nd percentile this year. Was 79th last year for 181. I wonder will points go down this year because of that or have I any hope.

Wow great results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

I think Julie you can expect points to come down by 10 points give or take! I got 175 = 85th percentile, so definitely scores are a lot lower.

Snap borrch! I got 175 also.

Relieved, I only got 148 last year. I don't think I've a snowballs chance of getting a CAO place with 175 but at least I might get a mature interview out of it.

Well done julie2tubz -that's a fab score!

• Advertisement

If I am to go by last years points I wouldn't have a hope of getting in by my LC and HPAT.

But for mature entry here is hoping with the interviews anyway. Fingers crossed for us all that we get some interviews.

Liv and Sara you've got past cut off point for RCSI anyway. Your HPAT score doesn't matter for that anymore at least. So don't worry. Let's just hope we get called.

I was looking at results from last year and compared to this year it looks very different. What do we reckon the change will be in CAO points seen as the hpat scores are absolute and the LC less so? Maybe 5 points CAO drop?

Julie, let's hope so!!!

You'll definitely get an interview :)

I didn't get one last year :( so I'm in constant fear. But fingers CROSSSSSED :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Em_2014

I agree, the HPAT scores seem to be much lower than previous years.
    That should be a good thing? We're in higher percentile scores as result. It says on the Acer letter that you can't compare year on year scores.

Do you think the colleges put much more weight onto our application form, rather than on the HPAT anyway?

Not fully sure em. It seems the HPAT is just your initial foot in door of whittling people down and then they get into the nitty gritty of the rest of the applications. With different colleges having different ideas of what they're looking for I suppose. But to be honest i haven't a clue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jody24

some thing strange!!!!!!
    my friend who she has a degree in biomedical science and eligible for graduate entry, has got a score of 100 and still got the email from rcsi!!!!! what do u guys think? will she get interview as well because of his degree? or what?

Noone here knows who gets interviews. They have about 200 applicants to narrow down to 30 interview spaces. We'll just have to wait for offers.

jody24 wrote: »
    some thing strange!!!!!!
    my friend who she has a degree in biomedical science and eligible for graduate entry, has got a score of 100 and still got the email from rcsi!!!!! what do u guys think? will she get interview as well because of his degree? or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Em_2014

the whole process is definitely a mystery!
    we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!!

• Advertisement

Trinity first round interview offers went out today, apparently. Hope some of ye were successful in getting one!

Advertisement