Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freemasons

Options
  • 02-03-2008 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

What do you think the freemasons are really up to???

The Freemasons 488 votes

A great bunch of lads.
    0%
    A money making group.
    41%
    DeVorethe_sycoTrev MBeanocuppaRashersAbsolamhardCopyGilloRossFixxxedFGR-=al=-mdebetskaizer_sozetredVundergroundfathersymesCorkfeenfrancoisPaulieC 201 votes
    The puppet masters.
    17%
    La_GordyrubadubdlofnepseanybikerThe Real B-manZombienoshDiageio_Manj4vierHarold WeissStrummsA Primal NutCavehill Redanimanjohnnyskeletonmatthew8muboop1galwaybabePawwed RigStereomaniacrocky25 87 votes
    The puppets
    12%
    beansdemanLone StoneGillingtonaf_thefragileFreudianSlippersminidazzlerClare_GuyJohnny Utahdanclagoz83acorkonianTheVoodoomookishboyHead_Hunterdigitalpoggy[Deleted User]iPlopbyhookorbycrookWakeUp 62 votes
    A satanic cult.
    8%
    CorinthianDrag00n79Stephen PjaqianKernelxzantiMarkjsca1ch750536Mahatma coatJocksereireFull.Duckkryogenmacco66Bob in BelfastWanderingJewPoshParrotTocardanom8jake is rightjay93 41 votes
    A group to make contacts.
    19%
    SeanehcarbsyBigConlintdrummerflynnser19Harry Reabobbysands81facemanzarquonRiesen_MealsmashWurlyderrynick 56nyarlothothepHootananyRun_to_da_hillsWarperpokerface_meKippure 97 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved rom AH. Bounce it back if you must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Conspiracy forum is thataway my friend
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

trying to overthrow the stonecutters. goddamn freemasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

A satanic cult.
    Great bunch of lads, though don't bend down for the soap in the shower if there's a member behind you.

Bandits.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kmurray

orestes wrote: »
    Conspiracy forum is thataway my friend
    >

this is not about conspiracys. that is only one view point... what i want is a bit of information based on facts not some theory

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 STEVO B

kmurray wrote: »
    this is not about conspiracys. that is only one view point... what i want is a bit of information based on fasts not some theory

Karoma is only interested in irrelavant topics, All else is pushed aside. He'd rather chat about 'gingers' and the like.

As for the freemasons, the are pretty much all of what you have said in the poll, apart from a great bunch of lads.

At the top levels these are pulling the strings, making big decisions. The lower degrees are merely puppets, albeit little arrogant go getting puppets. The lower order generally are oblivious to what goes on at the top and are out to make contacts to further business matters. They also like the feeling of being in a little boys club.

Read Albert Pikes 'Morals & Dogma'

Later Bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

A satanic cult.
    STEVO B wrote: »
    Karoma is only interested in irrelavant topics, All else is pushed aside. He'd rather chat about 'gingers' and the like.

As for the freemasons, the are pretty much all of what you have said in the poll, apart from a great bunch of lads.

At the top levels these are pulling the strings, making big decisions. The lower degrees are merely puppets, albeit little arrogant go getting puppets. The lower order generally are oblivious to what goes on at the top and are out to make contacts to further business matters. They also like the feeling of being in a little boys club.

Later Bro.

Cop your self on son, and join a big boys club.
    We don't wear make-up or dresses.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Why is this thread in the conspiracy forum?

Good question, the freemason do exist dont they, im sure they have a grand lodge in Dublin.

Where should it be??

• Advertisement

Good question, the freemason do exist dont they, im sure they have a grand lodge in Dublin.

Yeah they do google it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

A satanic cult.
    Any Masons out there care to explain the fetish with Gloves, Sashes & Silly hats?

at one end of the scale the MAsons are a group that facilitate contact on a semi profesional/social setting between different business interest in a given area,

on the other hand they appear at times to be a shifty sinister bunch with ulterior motives

so, dunno, Probably a lovely bunch a Fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Any Masons out there care to explain the fetish with Gloves, Sashes & Silly hats?

Sure you could almost be talking about the Catholic Church there :D

With an organisation as big as the Masons, you can't really whittle them down to one choice from that poll. It's just an organisation like any other, it's just older and larger than most. Just like a golf club, you get people just getting together for a few laughs, you get people making new contacts, you get people hoping to make money from their associations in it and you'll get those in positions of power in it who control it (not necessarily for evil purposes). The only option that seems like rubbish is the satanic cult one.

humanji wrote: »
    Sure you could almost be talking about the Catholic Church there :D

The Catholic church is masonic.

That piece of white they show on their collar is symbolic of the information that they tell us, the rest of the collar, that is covered in black is the whole truth.

The Catholic Church slightly predates the Masons. If anything, the Masons borrow christian symbology.

The Catholic Church slightly predates the Masons. If anything, the Masons borrow christian symbology.

And the christians borrow the symbology...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

There is a Lodge on molesworth street, its quite open for all to see. I've been in it, nearly joined.

Alot of regalia and tradition, tons of middle aged-old white males in suits and the pungent smell of old money.

On the top floor is a replica(unconsecrated) Chapel where the knights templar do their thang.

To be honest the whole institution is a bit shady but I would'nt say their the all powerful secret society most people think they are. That said there were alot of closed doors and rich men, a combination which usually leads to some sort of corruption.

And the christians borrow the symbology...

What? :confused:
    Hellm0 wrote: »
    That said there were alot of closed doors and rich men, a combination which usually leads to some sort of corruption.

Well, not always. It just makes people suspicious of them.

Well, not always. It just makes people suspicious of them.

I made no explicit statements saying that they were corrupt, but you must admit money and secrecy are a volatile combination.

Oh, I agree. I just meant that many people assume because they are rich and don't want people prying into their business, then it must be a conspiracy against us. There's nothing wrong with wanting to make money and gain power. It's how it's done that can cause problems :D

• Advertisement

Oh, I agree. I just meant that many people assume because they are rich and don't want people prying into their business, then it must be a conspiracy against us. There's nothing wrong with wanting to make money and gain power. It's how it's done that can cause problems :D

I concur, however I do think its a subversion of democracy when groups like this, the bohemian grove etc make decisions about policy(economic or otherwise) behind closed doors. The current political system is rife with crony ism and no-one seems to care.

But that's politics. To have every government decision put to the people would be a logistical nightmare. Hence the electing of persons to represent us the best they can (in theory).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

A money making group.

I take it you are going to post links/evidence to back up your claims, otherwise your post doesn't carry a lot or weight. "Morals & Dogma", have you read it, a lot of people tend to quote quotations they've seen elsewhere, bare in mind it's one person's opinion on the craft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

A satanic cult.
    Pike was hardly a small figure in masonry in fairness... heres one link with some info on him, make up your own mind after reading it and search out the facts and points in it yourselves if your so inclined

my own opinion is irrelevant

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=1086

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

A money making group.
    It's fair to say he not only didn't represent the opinions of Masons of his time.. hence the outcry, but that he certainly doesn't have much (if anything) in common with 21st century Irish Masons. You might as well lump Mother Theresa with Tomas de Torquemada as representatives of Catholic advocacy. OK Masons are not Mother Theresa..but you see where I'm going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭robroy1234

I have been a freemason for many years and what we mostly do is at local/provincial level. We prohibit any discussion on politics and religion, and we are also prohibited in trying to pursue any business within a lodge, so nepotism is strictly forbidden. We are not an old boys club as I am not that old, but our rituals and practices are indeed ancient. For membership one must be 1. be of masonic age (21+), 2. be in good standing in one's neighbourhood (no criminal record and not of ill-repute) and, 3. believe in the supreme being (God, Allah, Jehovah..etc), the third one is this requirement has been a sticking point for various religious organisations as we see all men as equals and that is regardless of race, colour or creed. Therefore we can meet and have a Jew a Christian and a Muslim present and be in accord with each other. And, as I am a catholic we are not anti-catholic in any way at all.
    We have no political or economic power or influence, either nationally or internationally.
    As for the Apron - this is deemed to be the oldest emblem of purity known to man. Originally for the Mason it kept his clothes underneath clean and is designed according to rank within the lodge, this helps to distinguish whether a man is an apprentice or a master mason.
    In relation to the gloves, you are aware that in some professions such as archivists the wearing of gloves is to protect certain important artifacts. In freemasonry the wearing of pristine white gloves is to signify that hands that may be unclean or unwashed, and that the Holy Bible in the lodge cannot be touched by some unclean/unwashed hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,449 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I didn't vote as the correct answer would have been "A little bit of all of the above".

Not all freemason's are bad, I'd say most are decent people, but then it would be crazy to say none of them could be bad or corruptable.

It's easy for people to give an answer in a poll which props up the beliefs they put forward on an interent forum, but truthfully none of us can say definitivley what the truth of a secret society is at every single level when by defenition we can't know, but simply make assumptions based on our opinions/bias.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

A money making group.
    robroy1234 wrote: »
    I have been a freemason for many years and what we mostly do is at local/provincial level. We prohibit any discussion on politics and religion, and we are also prohibited in trying to pursue any business within a lodge, so nepotism is strictly forbidden. We are not an old boys club as I am not that old, but our rituals and practices are indeed ancient. For membership one must be 1. be of masonic age (21+), 2. be in good standing in one's neighbourhood (no criminal record and not of ill-repute) and, 3. believe in the supreme being (God, Allah, Jehovah..etc), the third one is this requirement has been a sticking point for various religious organisations as we see all men as equals and that is regardless of race, colour or creed. Therefore we can meet and have a Jew a Christian and a Muslim present and be in accord with each other. And, as I am a catholic we are not anti-catholic in any way at all.
    We have no political or economic power or influence, either nationally or internationally.
    As for the Apron - this is deemed to be the oldest emblem of purity known to man. Originally for the Mason it kept his clothes underneath clean and is designed according to rank within the lodge, this helps to distinguish whether a man is an apprentice or a master mason.
    In relation to the gloves, you are aware that in some professions such as archivists the wearing of gloves is to protect certain important artifacts. In freemasonry the wearing of pristine white gloves is to signify that hands that may be unclean or unwashed, and that the Holy Bible in the lodge cannot be touched by some unclean/unwashed hands.
    What exactly is the point in being a mason then?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,449 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Mason's claim that they can be traced to the building of the Temple of Soloman, something which would make masonic traditions older than those of Chritianity.
    Modern masononic traditions are easily traced to the Stone mason guilds of medievil Europe, which if you were to take as a starting point for masonry would support what you're saying.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭robroy1234

Wolf Tone - What's the point of being a member of any group or organisation?

Advertisement