Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice - Bastille day **mod warning post 1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,746 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Why are they allowed to fester within France. ? They have their own little communities, 100's of them around France. Can't touch them until they kill.
    World is too PC.

It's frightening the level of basic resources such an attack takes, very little police can do about it.
    This is where "real terrorism" goes into a new level, these types of attacks are impossible to discover or prevent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Berserker wrote: »
    mod: I've had to remove a video showing terrible things. Please don't post anything like that. Consider the fact that people are not prepared to deal with videos of the results of an attack.

I know. And it saddens me somewhat, because these people are only going to end up seeing sh*t like this in a way they can't physically ignore. No matter what they try...
    You can only shield yourself/others for so long.
    Ignoring it doesn't stop it from happening.
    Ignoring it won't stop it from reaching your senses.

Welcome to interesting times, folks. They're happening wether you are willing to accept it, or not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

El Chapo wrote: »
    Christ, what in the name of fuck are idiots doing on Twitter? Posting pictures of dead and maimed people whose families most likely have no clue they are involved.

Zero cop on whatsoever.

Social media really lets itself down at times like this. :mad:

It's always going to happen in the modern age.

Part of me think it's right to document this and for people to see the real impact and effect of terrorism no matter how unpleasant it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Amirani wrote: »
    Fire right beside the Eiffel Tower atm after truck with fireworks ignited. Not terror related according to police.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/108410/391791.jpg

Wow that's a horrible image. :( Hope there were no injuries, and that the tower isn't damaged as a result.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    ISIS are not official either so what are you looking for?
    A statement from a source linked to ISIS would suffice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Discussing on Sky news whether this might be a 'Criminal' attack as opposed to a Terrorist attack (whatever the difference might be)? They are also careful not to discount an accident, (lorry out of control) similar to the Glasgow Bin lorry incident a few years ago.

60 people now confirmed dead, with over 100 injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Why are they allowed to fester within France. ? They have their own little communities, 100's of them around France. Can't touch them until they kill.
    World is too PC.

I have strong views on this but this isn't the time or place for it. 60 or more people lost their lives tonight and the lives of their friends and families are changed forever as a result. Our thoughts should be with those people tonight. We can discuss what should be done on another day, on another thread.

Boris straight into action. What a buffoon .
    What a start for him .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭El Chapo

Imagine living in the UK and having Boris Johnson dealing with this kind of incident.

Scary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Wow that's a horrible image. :( Hope there were no injuries, and that the tower isn't damaged as a result.

https://twitter.com/prefpolice/status/753719036245073920
    Do not spread false rumors . No fire at #TourEiffel . Accidental fire truck took place in Jena bridge. It's off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The truck had guns and grenades in it.

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's always going to happen in the modern age.

Part of me think it's right to document this and for people to see the real impact and effect of terrorism no matter how unpleasant it is.
    It's not right.

Imagine a relative sitting at home and seeing a picture of their loved one's dead blooded body lying on the road.

Wrong on so many levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

We can discuss what should be done on another day, on another thread.

Discuss....should be...sick of this bs to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Anyone else watching the news from Nice? Some lunatic drove a truck into a crowd of people celebrating Bastille day. Several people are dead, according to various media sources.

mod: I've had to remove a video showing terrible things. Please don't post anything like that. Consider the fact that people are not prepared to deal with videos of the results of an attack.

Just want to clarify that I did not post any video content on this thread.

Lots of kids there tonight. Its one thing killing people at concerts who are typically adults, but there were so many kids there tonight.

A statement from a source linked to ISIS would suffice.
    Jenan Moussa ‏@jenanmoussa 32 minutes ago
    When ISIS carries out attack, 1st official claim responsibility usually comes from 'Amaq news agency'. Amaq is silent for last 30mins. #Nice

Just want to clarify that I did not post any video content on this thread.

It was posted on your post because its the OP post, so first thing new readers see, don't take it personally
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

This is where "real terrorism" goes into a new level, these types of attacks are impossible to discover or prevent.

Indeed, just get hold of a truck and drive fast into a crowd. There are trucks on every street practically every moment of the day, it's impossible to be vigilant on the chance that one could be driven by an islamist terrorist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Boris straight into action. What a buffoon .
    What a start for him .

What's he done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Lots of kids there tonight. Its one thing killing people at concerts who are typically adults, but there were so many kids there tonight.

I don't differentiate to be honest. A human being is human being no matter what age they are.

Horrible attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Berserker wrote:
    Just want to clarify that I did not post any video content on this thread. Unsure why this comment has been added to my post.

Because it's the first post presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,417 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

It's not necessarily the area or demographics. It's the economic circumstances, local imams etc. Last year Austria blocked foreign funding of religious buildings, mostly due to the Wahabbist ideology that was being spread by Saudi-funded imams in Saudi-funded mosques. There was an article in New York Times last month about how radicalised Kosovo has become due to the investments Saudi has made in the country.

In yet Saudi Arabia tries to keep up a front of being a pro western state. Wahabism is Saudi Arabias gift to the world yet they pretend to know nothing about it whilst allowing it to flourish.

Glazers Out!

Police have answers to give. Why can a truck even access the area and get to the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is the same thing, all lives taken for no reason, hopes and dreams wiped out for no good reason.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Police have answers to give. Why can a truck even access the area and get to the crowd.

Hard to stop it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

How exactly do you propose they stop a lorry at high speed?

The crowd were next to a public road, trucks drive on roads what could they ( the police) have done?

LordSutch wrote: »
    What's he done?

As far as I know, Boris is in France today (he was booed at his first appearance in his new role) and I presume he is still in France overnight - but unsure why people are bashing him before he has even opened his mouth.

• Advertisement

LordSutch wrote: »
    What's he done?

As foreign secretary he will have to be involved in Britain's response. Not a great first day on the job .

Advertisement